Fathers- Part 2

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hiiii

well just because my fingers are itching to type... hehe

(I didn't proof read guys, excuse my grammar and spelling errors please. will edit later.)

Enjoy

Word count 3400~

 

 

“Feeling better?”

Sehun asks from the young father who is sipping his orange juice. He nods his head, cheeks slightly pink. Sehun smiles.

Lu Han wants nothing more than to dig a hole and disappears because this is embarrassing. After nearly knocking down a child, here he is, sipping a juice in that child’s house, his father taking care of him. Lu Han doesn’t understand why Sehun treats him like this. He could have just let him be on the road, passed out and it would have been less embarrassing if Lu Han woke up in a hospital, not in a stranger’s house, in a well made comfy bed.

Lu Han watches their kids playing, laughing and giggling under the sun, in Sehun’s backyard. He tries to be cool but fails as his cheeks grow hot seeing Sehun watching him.

“Wh-What?”

He stutters. Sehun smiles again. Lu Han feels something in his gut, or is that his heart?

“Nothing. Do you wanna go to a hospital?”

He tilts his head. Lu Han shakes his head so fast.

“N-No. I am fine. And you said you are a doctor?”

Lu Han tries to be little nonchalant.

“I just wanted to ask, you know, you might prefer that way.”

Sehun nods, that little smile gracing his handsome features. Lu Han feels his breath getting stuck in his throat as that beautiful smile flashes.

“No I-I umm I am fine. You don’t have to, I mean I d-don’t want to. It w-was just umm I wa-was Just”

He stutters fiddling with his hands and pauses. Lu Han doesn’t know what to say. Thinking about the whole situation makes him nervous and scared even.

“Shocked. You were shocked. You yelled out of the impulse, because of adrenaline of your system and collapsed when adrenaline dropped. It’s natural.”

Sehun completes understanding the male. Lu Han wants to die in embarrassment again. He can’t believe he let himself to fall into some stranger’s arms like that. He wasn’t some damsel in distress. So much for a manly man.

“Hey it’s okay. It was natural.”

Sehun assures sensing Lu Han’s inner turmoil. Lu Han is biting his lower lip, shifting in his seat. He suddenly turns to Sehun and stares at him straight.

“But why are you doing this? You should have taken me to police or just left me there or something. I nearly killed your son”

Lu Han doesn’t understand why Sehun behaves this way, as if bringing the man who almost knocks his son down is completely normal in his daily agenda.

“Stop”

Sehun says, voice stern.

“But-”

Lu Han tries to protest but Sehun cuts him off and looks into him straight.

“I said stop. Let me ask this. Did you get into your car this morning, just to kill Haowen ?”

“Wha-? No!”

Lu Han’s eyes widen. What the hell?

“Of course, not. Because what happened was an accident. No one planned it that way. If someone to blame, it’s me. You were right, I should have been careful. I should have never let him out of my eyes.”

He says, voice calm but soft. Lu Han feels like crying. Why is he doing this?

“But Sehun, I sped up. I could have faced something worse. I could have killed someone. I could have hurt my own child”

Lu Han says, voice cracking at the end. Sehun places his hand on his shoulder, thumb drawing soothing circles. Lu Han relaxes.

“But nothing happened. Don’t get so depressed about it. Let’s take this as a lesson to both of us to be better parents okay?”

He says like he is talking to a little child. Lu Han unconsciously nods his head, looking at Sehun with his big eyes, suddenly feeling so small.

“Okay”

Sehun smiles. How is this person a father, when he is a baby himself? He wonders to himself but doesn’t say aloud.

“Now stop worrying so much and finish your orange. What do you like for lunch?”

Sehun stands up, drawing his hand back. Lu Han frowns a little upon the question. Lunch? Then he realizes.

“What? Sehun, no it’s fine. I will just go with Ziyu, it’s fine. I am fine.”

Lu Han says placing the almost empty glass on near by table. No way he is letting Sehun to do this.

“I am fine too. Ziyu is going to be hungry now. Haowen too. We need to cook lunch.”

Sehun says crossing his arms. Lu Han shakes his head protesting.

“I will grab something fro-”

“No fast food for children, unhealthy”

Sehun says curtly and turns, heading for the kitchen. Lu Han stands awkwardly. He looks at the children who are now sitting on ground, chirping already befriending like they have known each other for ages. Why is it hard when you are an adult?

No he doesn’t have to make this hard. If Sehun’s heart is this big to accept the person who could have been his son’s murderer, why not letting himself to warm up a little to this nice man’s kindness? He nods to himself and follows the way Sehun has disappeared to. It’s not that hard to find the kitchen. Sehun is getting vegetables out of his fridge. His lean body stands out with broad shoulders. Lu Han holds to his senses. He clears his throat, gathering his wits.

“Sehun, how about some Chinese for the lunch?”

Lu Han doesn’t stutter.

Sehun his eye brows. Lu Han smiles a shy smile. Sehun nods back, smiling.

 

He breathes in a soft breath. Lu Han is beautiful. It’s not appropriate to think about his guest that way but Sehun can’t help. He watches Lu Han’s eye brows crease as he focus as he chops vegetables, how he brushes his black bangs every now and then, how his pink tongue darts out to taste the curry, how he excitedly rubs his palms together when the food is ready,  how beautiful the smile that adorns his face when ever their eyes meet. The male is little shorter than him, small in frame, his skin is flawless and as white as snow, not to mention so soft. 

Sehun doesn’t understand what it is. But sure his heart is being weird now. He feels like losing himself in Lu Han’s entire existence. Sehun shakes his head. What is he thinking?

“It’s almost done. I will call the children. Can you prepare the table?”

Lu Han asks batting his eye lashes, out of habit. He blinks a lot, Sehun notices. Sehun nods, almost forgetting how to breathe. He manages to sound coherent.

“Yeah go ahead.”

Lu Han skips away from the kitchen giggling to himself. How domestic they are now, even cooking together.

 

 

Lunch was fantastic. Their day went extremely well. Everything is awesome.

Lu Han praises himself for his culinary skills. His lips stretched into a wide grin reminding how Sehun complimented him. Patting himself to his own back mentally Lu Han is busy noticing the pair of doe eyes watching him intently because well, someone is smiling to himself.

“Daddy, why you smile?”

Lu Han lands back to this world. Ziyu is watching him, chin on his propped up hand, his doe eyes don’t hide the amusement the little one has. Lu Han clears his throat and turns to the sink to wash the dishes.

“Why don’t you go and brush your teeth Ziyu? Daddy will be in a minute for the bed time story.”

He brushes Ziyu’s question like he never hears. The four year old nods and obeys, his little mind working on something, a mischievous smile glinting its way but never seen by his daddy.

Lu Han lets his thought to wander aimlessly but surprisingly his entire mind is swirling around certain someone, a handsome, and very hot, not to mention the kindness. Lu Han dries the dishes, humming a song until his phone buzzes in his pocket. Drying his hands, he fishes the phone out and unlocks the screen.

A text message.

From: Sehun.

Lu Han’s heart skips a beat.

He opens the message chewing his bottom lip.

“Good night Han!”

It’s a simple message. Neither emoticans nor fancy words.

Lu Han internally squeals but straightens his face an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter