The Elevator

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hiiiiii guys,

How are you my dearies? Guess the schools, colleages, and unis are killing you huh? yea they do. I am getting killed slowly because of my undoubtedly packed schedules !

Buttttt for my lovely readers, I decided to do an update~

Yayyy, it is a long one, a bit off and yeah I don't know how to put this but it might not be 'that' fluufff. Sorry guys :(

Thank you for old and new subbies, for reading and for commenting too. 

Thank you.

Enjoy. Love you sweeties~

word count : 4790

 

Lu Han hated elevators.

Elevators were invented to make our lives easier. Imagine climbing fifty floors each day just to get yourself to the office. Wouldn’t it be a complete body torture? Well if elevators didn’t exist people would never build taller buildings with hundreds of floors. That would be a shame.

But Lu Han didn’t think so.

Yes he wasn’t a person to climb fifty floors (in his case hundred floors) every day morning but he wasn’t exactly a person who would dearly walk into an elevator just because of that. He would try to avoid those metal boxes as much as he could.

But his new office was located in the 102nd floor of this huge building leaving him no choice.

To say Lu Han was a Math prodigy wasn’t an understatement at all. His destination was 102nd floor. He paid his attention on calculating which is the best thing he would do turn his nerve wrecking mind on something else. He loved calculations. It was his comfort zone.

If a floor had a height of 10 feet considering there are 102 roughly it would be 1020 feet. Elevator should be having a speed of 1500 feet per minute. So he was to spend almost a minute inside the elevator if no one interrupted in between floors and because he wasn’t the only one to ride the elevator Lu Han could add another minute or two.

He was supposed to spend 3 minutes in the elevator every morning and evening.

It was on daily basis and those six minutes were the longest and the torturous minutes he had ever experienced.

He rubbed his face nervously. If he only knew that he had to be on 102nd floor he would have rejected this job because he freaking hate them.

Lu Han was claustrophobic.

The memory of him, getting into this tiny enclosed box tugging to his daddy’s pant sleeve haunted him every morning when he stood there waiting for the elevator. He was still traumatized when the memory served him how he ended up in an anxiety attack after his first elevator ride. Though he kind of had gotten over with the phobia as the time passed Lu Han still shuddered at the word Elevator.

He still couldn’t step into the enclosed space without his heart beating erratically his breathing getting difficult. It was always stuffy and suffocating.

 

As any other day he was to get into the elevator but today he was more eager because Lu Han was late. But he wasn’t oh-my-god-I-am-so-doomed late but still he knew he was going to be late. He was supposed to be in his office 10 minutes and 36 seconds ago. No one was standing with him because all of the staff must have been reported to their respected offices and cubicles already.

Lu Han waited for the elevator which was now passing 69th floor and the other one was on the 78th floor both heading to the ground floor. His feet squirmed. He would have tried using staircases but congratulate getting to 102nd floor breathing alive because Lu Han was sure his corpse would arrive his office if he was ever to try.

Great ! Just great ! Lu Han tapped his shoe nervously. Today he was to present a documentary about their company’s current finance condition and he was to start sharp at nine. He still had more than 30 minutes but to Lu Han every second was precious.

Because this presentation was going to be done at front of very important personnel of the company including CEO and COO.

And Lu Han was their newly recruited accountant, who was a genius, a math prodigy and of course had a shining bright future in the field despite his little phobia. Who would care that any way? Everyone has a weak point in their life, right?

While Lu Han was fidgeting with briefcase tightly holding into his clammy fingers a young man in an expensive tuxedo appeared from the main entrance walking gracefully. His aura radiated the wealth and power as he greeted his co workers back with a professional trade mark expression in his face.

The COO, Oh Sehun.

Lu Han suppressed an incomprehensible sound trying to escape from his throat as he cleared his throat. When Sehun walked past him he greeted bowing 90 degrees. Sehun greeted back with a simple Good morning and Woosh~ Lu Han was a jelly.

Do you have any idea why Lu Han was acting weirdly? May be his claustrophobia was making him unstable? No sweethearts not really.

Oh Sehun had that effect on people. No one had to be gay to be swoon by the man because even perfectly straight people would go fanning to themselves because he was Oh Sehun not to mention that Oh Sehun was bugging Lu Han’s head for a quite long time now. It was safe to say that accountant Lu Han was suffering from a mild crush on his boss, Oh Sehun.

He had a lean body standing on a perfect slender frame out shining with his alluring charisma. He had his brown hair styled to a side turning upward. His eye brows were thick with sharp eyes under them. A perfect nose and full lips shaping up his immaculate cheeks. Sharp jaw line was complimenting all the features of his handsome face. Long description in short- the man was y and so hot, so gorgeous like just walked out of a magazine.

Lu Han stealing a glance at Sehun who was waiting for the VIP elevator a few yards next to him thought for a second that what it would be like of being a Greek god briefly forgetting his presentation which was scheduled to be done in front of this Greek God!

And Lu Han had no idea how to do that without fainting. He thought all the possibilities of avoiding Oh Sehun’s gaze because he knew if he was to pay a single millisecond into Sehun’s cold stare Lu Han would surely get lost in the infinite spirals of those hazel orbs.

When he heard a ding Lu Han saw that Sehun getting into the VIP elevator disappearing from his side view. Lu Han exhaled slowly, a breath he didn’t know he was holding.

“Are you coming Mr Lu?”

Lu Han crashed to the real world hearing the well-known base voice. Craning his neck to the side Lu Han spotted the familiar stoic but oh so handsome face staring at him intently.

“Err.. I…Sir, umm..it’s… it’s okay. I’ll… I’ll get this one”

Lu Han formed a coherent sentence half stuttering and half gulping. Both staff elevators were around 20th floor but still coming down.

“You have a presentation today right? It’ll be quicker.”

Sehun said, voice intoxicating too much to Lu Han’s liking. He wasn’t lying because VIP elevators straightly go up or down without any interruptions. Lu Han would make it quicker 2 minutes earlier.

Lu Han bit his lower lip nervously. Taking a sharp breath he collected himself. Offering a nervous smile along with a polite thank you Lu Han stepped into the VIP elevator.

With Oh Sehun standing next to him, metal doors slowly got closed.

 

 

 

The silence inside the small metal box was thick to the point Lu Han could cut it to pieces but again he didn’t know what else to do. Sehun was standing there his eyes fixed to the sliver metal door like it was the most interesting thing existed on the whole planet. It seemed that oh Sehun had no problem of being with his fellow co-worker in the same elevator without a mum. Their soft breaths along with elevators low hum were the only sounds coming out.

But Lu Han on the other hand was not okay at all. He was suffering from his phobia but presence of the glamorous Oh Sehun had made him extra nervous. Lu Han was sure he was to get a heart failure sooner considering that his heart was running miles per second. He eyed the digital screen that showed him that they were passing 64th floor. Lu Han flattened a non-existed crease in his coat.

A few more seconds and this will be over! Or Lu Han thought.

Lu Han snapped his attention turning his head up as elevator lights flickered twice or thrice. Sehun didn’t flinch nor paid his attention at all and despite his gut wrenching feeling he had that something was about to happen Lu Han thought that flickering lights were normal in VIP elevators because Oh Sehun was totally oblivious.

Or was it?

With a sudden jerk elevator stopped moving and Lu Han almost fumbled down if it wasn’t for the grip he unconsciously had on the metal bar. Lights were flickering again bringing Sehun’s attention to the situation.

Lu Han was about to ask what’s happening when lights were completely gone.

It was pitch black inside the elevator and Lu Han couldn’t even see his own fingers.

A low grunt could be heard from the other living being who was with him.

“What’s happening?”

Lu Han’s voice came out trembling.

“We broke down?”

After agonizing three seconds Sehun’s voice could be heard with a hint of annoyance.

And Lu Han’s breath hitched.

 

Sehun was beyond pissed off. His phone had no signal. The help button did not respond and the whole elevator was gone dead except for the emergency light that gave them a dim light inside the cubicle. Thank god the air was still flowing in and out somehow or they would have roasted alive.

 Sehun scratched his head and pressed all the buttons available but no avail. He vaguely guessed that they might have been stuck somewhere between 72nd and 73rd floor.

And his co-worker's sudden mood swings were not helping at all.

Lu Han was known to be a polite, well mannered and a calm, composed person.

But here inside the dead elevator Lu Han was more demanding like an annoying brat throwing questions at Sehun.

“Why doesn’t the help button work? Why does this break down? Isn’t this thing supposed to get us to the nearest floor automatically when something goes wrong? Why isn’t any one helping? Are we going to die inside?”

Why? Why? Why?

And Sehun had his limit. He snapped back yelling.

“Can you please shut up? It’s a goddamn elevator and I am not an operator. You are ing annoying!”

Sehun didn’t mean what he said. He was irritated because his day was already a mess to begin with and now the elevator breaking down was only giving him another headache. What it could be? An electricity break down? Maintenance error? Cyber attack? Whatever it was Sehun now had something else new to worry his head about. He just wanted to kick Lu Han into some-

Senses…

And Lu Han was losing his senses. Sehun regretted what he did when he saw latter’s paler white face and shaking dry lips. Lu Han had his body trapped in a corner of the elevator pressed to the cold metal. His doe eyes ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter