Hope~

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : Lu Han is a single father with a four-five year old child. He is burdened with a huge debut his stepfather had dropped on his shoulders. He is working hard, exhausting himself to no end because he wants to pay the debut as soon as possible because his son is affected so much from the poor life style they have.

One day like an angel his boss's son enters the picture.

A/N : To some of you this story will feel like something you have read before, or may be a part of it. Yes it is and I really don't like to talk about it. But I swear this story is mine, completely mine. I wrote every word of this, every letter. So please don't get confused, enjoy~

Word count : 4296

He was walking with Ziyu to their tiny home when it started to snow heavily, too early to start snowing but the weather is always unpredictable. Lu Han took off his coat and wrapped Ziyu in it before he carried him up. He was careful not to expose Ziyu to the cold weather though the thin fabric of the white shirt he wore wasn’t helping him to protect himself from the bone chilling cold winter winds swirling around them. But being the responsible father he was he made sure that Ziyu had his face buried on his chest bundled in the old coat. Lu Han walked nearly 30 minutes bathing in snow because he didn’t have money to spend on a bus ride even. White tiny snowflakes decorated his black hair strands throughout the entire walk. He was exhausted and shivering but still his eyes sparkled with determination. With people glaring at him as if he is crazy to walk in a thin clothing layer with a small child in his hands, Lu Han didn’t even worry his head to pay attention. If only those heads had brains inside those skulls to understand why a father is walking like that, not because it’s fun but because Lu Han has no choice…

He stepped into their old ragged apartment with wrapped up Ziyu. The toddler giggled touching snowflakes tangled in his father’s hair. Lu Han smiled brushing off the snow. He shivered. But Ziyu always came first in his life before him. Lu Han made sure to clean Ziyu with hot water and cocooned him in an old blanket after dressing him in warm clothes. He didn’t want his precious child to get sick not because he couldn’t afford hospital bills but he couldn’t watch Ziyu suffering. He was a delicate child and Lu Han wouldn’t want him to get hurt.

Lu Han sighed as he poured hot milk into Ziyu’s mug still wearing the white shirt which was slightly wetted by the touch of snow.

His life wasn’t supposed to be like this. Ziyu’s life wasn’t supposed to be like this. Ziyu didn’t deserve to suffer with what he is going through now.

His family, his parents, his love, his home…. He lost everything but ziyu, the four year old child.

Lu Han went to the bed room where Ziyu was sitting swaying his little body back and forth covering his body by the blanket. Upon seeing his baba Ziyu smiled brightly flashing his pearl like little teeth. Lu Han felt his heart warming despite the coldness he was drowning. He loved his son more than anything on this planet and to keep his smile he would do anything.

Lu Han handed the milk mug carefully, smiling back.

“Drink it baby. You won’t feel cold. I’ll go prepare the dinner.”

He ruffled smaller one’s hair and got up.

“Baba…”

“Hmm…?”

“Aren’t you cold?”

“No baby. Baba is so warm that Baba doesn’t feel cold.”

Lu Han flashed a smile to assure his son and went to the small kitchen.

As his eyes were fixed on the egg boiling with water Lu Han sighed nth time. He didn’t know for how long he would be able to lie Ziyu that he walks all the way because it is healthy, he doesn’t eat at night because he isn’t hungry, he doesn’t like milk because he is too old for milk, he doesn’t feel cold even it is minus 10 degrees outside…

Lu Han sighed. What could he possibly do than this? He needed to save every cent.

This wasn’t how it started but this was how it is now. But Lu Han didn’t want to end it this way.

Life of misery.

Lu Han sighed again with a little relief. He would have his Christmas bonus tomorrow. He had to buy sweaters for Ziyu. Ziyu never asked anything but Lu Han saw how the little boy stared at his friends wearing colorful sweaters when Ziyu was still wearing his year old clothe. The boy hadn’t grown much but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t sooner.

Most importantly he had to plan the Christmas for Ziyu. At least this year he had to let Ziyu to have his moments as a kid waiting for presents. Lu Han didn’t want to ruin little Ziyu’s imaginary world of Santa and reindeers along with elves to help Santa with gifts. Lu Han was determined to spend his Christmas bonus wisely on Christmas this year.

 

 

Lu Han felt like when he opened his heavy eyes in the next morning. Dry air blazed his throat with each breathe and head was pounding. No wonder after exposing to so much cold winter winds. He shoved the thin cover slowly and woke up after moving Ziyu from his chest gently. He didn’t want to wake up the smaller child. He kissed Ziyu’s forehead and headed to the kitchen. Lu Han thought to make cereal for Ziyu. He had to buy some groceries too. Money was to be spent carefully but obviously Lu Han didn’t waste a single won.

 

If his stepfather didn’t ruin his life he wouldn’t be suffering this much.

“Bastard”

Lu Han cursed balling his fists. He leaned against the kitchen counter feeling dizzy. His head throbbed.

But he pulled himself together. For Ziyu he had to stand up. He had to make his future a better one. The little one didn’t deserve to suffer.

 

Wrapped Ziyu in his coat lifting him up to arms slinging child’s small back pack over his shoulder young father started to walk starting his every day schedule.

“Baba why don’t we go by bus?”

Ziyu asked wrapping his tiny arms around Lu Han’s neck. It had started to snow slightly again and Lu Han was getting paler with the cold wind blasted him sending shivers through out his body. He puffed out steam smiling.

“Because Baba likes to walk and it’s healthy.”

“But Baba it is cold.”

“No baby, Baba doesn’t feel cold because--”

“-Baba is so warm.”

Ziyu giggled snuggling more to Lu Han’s chest. Lu Han nuzzled his nose with little toddler’s button nose. Lu Han tried not to chatter his teeth when talking.

“Ziyu we are going to buy sweaters for you in the evening.”

“Really Baba?”

“Hmm…”

“Can I buy the blue one?”

“Yeah and white one and of course the red one too.”

“Yay…”

Ziyu clapped his hands and kissed his Baba’s cheek. Ziyu loved his Baba as much as his Baba loved him. Baba was everything to him. Even he never could draw three people under the topic my family on his drawing paper he didn’t ask for more.

Lu Han waved Ziyu and start walking to his office wearing the coat to protect his frail body. He felt he was sweating despite the cold weather. He was feeling hot weirdly and he knew it’s not going to be healthy but he didn’t care. He couldn’t afford to lose a single working minute. He had bills to pay and a growing child to raise and Ziyu’s future has to be better, much better than this. No one is going to drop a single sweat for Ziyu if it’s not him doing that. Lu Han would shed blood if it is needed. He loved his son more than anything on this earth. Ziyu was the only valuable possession he owned.

Lu Han ruffled his black hair wiping snowflakes. He threw his coat to the chair and slumped on it. His body was starting to ache. He was tired and sickly warm. But his day was waiting to get started.

So he did.

 

 

 

Oh Sehun watched how the petite male flinched when his father said that the company authority decided to cut out the Christmas bonus half for the damage repair from this department. No one looked happy but they were quite.

A few days back there was a fire in the office and it ruined some expensive instruments. No one took the responsibility though it happened in a working day in noon.

“Still you have the chance to correct it. I just wanted to know who is responsible. We all do mistakes. I don’t want to fire him or her out. I just want you all to learn a lesson about honesty, about taking responsibilities, about admitting it when you have done something wrong. Still he or she can step forward and admit. Then I will be generous to give you the bonus as it is without cutting off.”

Lu Han saw Jongdae fidgeting. Lu Han knew it was him, more like he assumed and he was right. Lu Han was sure he saw Jongdae walking into the room when he walked out. He saw him but Lu Han didn’t tell anyone because apparently Jongdae hadn’t said anything. Many suspected Lu Han for this because as they knew Lu Han was the last person who walked out of the room.

“No one?”

Mr Oh’s stern voice asked. Jongdae was trembling by Lu Han’s side. Lu Han squeezed his hand though they were never friends but just co-workers. Jongdae looked up and gulped.

Lu Han stepped forward.

“I did it. It was a mistake but it was my fault”

Everyone gasped and stared at Lu Han. Sehun pursed his lips. Mr Oh let out a small chuckle.

“Very well. Honesty is the best policy.”

“I am sorry. I should have confessed before. I am sorry you all have to go through the trouble”

Lu Han bowed. He knew this is going to end badly but still he had already taken the blame. Jongdae stared at him dumbfounded.

“So the problem solved. Everyone is going to get the bonus. Mr. Lu Han please follow me to the office.”

At the office Lu Han tried his best to look calm despite the drilling headache he had.

Sehun stared at the Chinese male with his beady eyes standing behind his father. Mr Oh calmly bent a little forward.

“Mr Lu Han, why didn’t you tell us the truth when we asked first?”

Lu Han inhaled a difficult breath.

“I was scared. But now I realize I shouldn’t have lied.

“Hmm… I am glad you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter