Lost

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is angst, it's sad and tragic. A charcter death is ahead. I am giving you a chance to not to read because is ANGST (All capital).

(But you will kinda have to read this if you are planning to read the second part of this story. I am evil)

Don't know why I am doing this. I am just writing angst. may be because of my mood. My mood is gloomy.

Nearly 650 subbies with 46 votes which I am grateful. But for your lack of response make me so sad...

 

So back to the story. Don't say I didn't warn. It's angst buuuuuut I promise for a happy ending nevertheless. 

Enjoyyy

Word count : 3300~

 

Mondays are always hectic.

But Sunday are not supposed to be hectic.

Lu Han heaves a sigh as he flips the pages of the folder. His desk is a mess with papers scattered all over and yes an iced Americano resting on a corner because he needs coffee to keep working on. Tons of Caffeine in his system is the only thing that helped him to pull through the last five days without a rest.

This wasn’t the life he wanted but now he has no going back.

His parents died in a car crash not so long ago and for three months the company was in his father’s most loyal man’s hands but in the end, when Lu Han got it back to his hands, it was revealed that, that so called loyal man had stolen a hell of money before disappearing into thin air.

The company was in a brink of bankruptcy and Lu Han, the newly appointed CEO had no choice other than slaving himself to save the company. Lu Corporation isn’t a big business but it has its own decent name in the industry. And Lu Han’s effort of saving the company is not for himself only but for the workers and their families whose lives depend on their jobs.

He finally brought the company to a safer spot but he still has some more to do, which is why Lu Han is working in his office even it’s Sunday without a proper rest.

He sighs, rubbing his face tiredly.

 And then the baby starts to cry.

Lu Han sprints out of his chair and flies to the “crib” and cooed at the crying mess. Little baby has his eyes squeezed shut, tears streaming down of his chubby cheeks, mouth open showing his barely their teeth, flailing his fisted arms in the air. Lu Han will never get used to see his son cries, every time he sees his baby crying, his heart clenches painfully, tears gathering in his own eyes.

Lu Han lifts up the baby, holding one hand under little one’s head, bouncing him a little to lull his back to his sleep. He kissed the tiny forehead and damp cheeks, cooing at him. Hearing his father’s voice baby’s wails dies down, little hiccups tumbling from his lips as he looks at his father with those big brown eyes.

Lu Han wants nothing more but to cry his heart out, hugging his baby to his chest. A growing baby barely seven months who needs love and warmth all the time and a company that has to be pulled back from the hell, are just little too much to Lu Han, the twenty two year old CEO. Of course he never considers his baby as a trouble; he is Lu Han’s whole world. For the company, it is his father’s sweat and blood and he cannot just bare to watch it drown.

Hugging the baby to his chest, rocking him a little, Lu Han slowly walks around his office, humming a lullaby. He kisses his little baby’s head every then and there. He feels baby his shirt, crumbling the fabric in his fingers. Little by little, baby falls asleep in his arms. He is about to put his child back in crib, when he hears a knock on his door.

“Come in”

He says, barely above a whisper. His secretary peeks through the opened door and smiles at the young father, pity tugging at the corners of her eyes.

“Mr. Lu, Mr. Oh has arrived for the meeting.”

Lu Han sighs. That slips from his mind with all the work he had to do from the morning. He flashes a smile at the secretary nodding.

“Suzy, can you look after my baby a little?”

He asks, plead in his eyes. He knows it’s not fair. His secretary is doing the best she can, pulling extra hours, understanding the company’s current state though her boss doesn’t pay much because of the problems they have faced. She doesn’t complain, even if she can resign and get herself to a better company with a big salary, she is being so loyal. And now he is asking her to babysit his son.

Suzy says yes with a bright smile. She always loves Baby so much because her boss’s baby is the cutest baby she has ever seen in her entire life. (Her boss is very cute too, but she keeps that to herself).

Putting his coat and tie, Lu Han brushes non-existing dust in his attires. Adjusting his cluttered hair, he wipes his face.

Mustering a smile, he walks out of the office, towards the meeting room.

Oh Sehun.

A big business man, a famous one who inherits one of the largest business networks in South Korea. Oh enterprises ranges from clothes to telecommunication, toys to automobiles.  

The very reason Lu Han is more restless these days, even it is not possible to take a stress than he already is.

Sehun wants to buy Lu Han’s company, Lu-corp and pestering him about this for a month now. It’s a god given chance to Sehun that Lu Han is nearly broke going into bankruptcy. But for his innocent fragile looks, Lu Han isn’t a weak man; he is indeed a strong man with a rigid determination within his little being. Even it is suicidal to object Oh Sehun, Lu Han doesn’t seem to care at all, which made Sehun so amused. He knows that more 90% of the Korea is on their knees when Oh Sehun is in the room but Lu Han doesn’t cower. He respects Sehun considering him as a fellow businessman, nothing more.

The way he keeps turning down Sehun’s offer for the whole month, so stubbornly, triggers Sehun more to push Lu Han on this. He is going to test this man’s limits and show him who Oh Sehun is.

Sehun thinks to himself astonished, how strong Lu Han is, pulling his company from the danger zone within three months. His courage is impressive just as his determination and business strategies. Lu Han doesn’t take part in dirty tricks; he is a man of honor, with no backstabbing plans or conspiracies going behind the screen. He is rebuilding his company, on his sweat and blood.

When the door to meeting room is opened, Sehun stood up from his chair. Lu Han enters with his polite smile and a bow. Sehun imitate the action, with a little smile in his usual poker face. When Lu Han walks closer, Sehun barely stops the gasp that threatens to rise from his throat. His doe eyes are still twinkling like the first day they met but his cheeks are sunken with shadows of cheek bones protruding, eye bags visible under those big browns. He has lost weight, a lot. As Lu Han gestured Sehun to take a sit, he sees how paper thin his wrists are. Something stirs within Sehun for this man, who barely stands but determination bubbling from his entire being.

Lu Han inhales deeply before he starts to speak.

“Mr.Oh, I am here to turn down your proposal once again and please understand that I don’t want to sell this company.”

He says calmly but strenly, looking straight into Sehun’s eyes. Sehun nods and leans in to the table.

“I have a better suggestion Mr. Lu.”

Sehun says sounding all professional and cool, as if he just didn’t hear Lu Han rejecting him. Lu Han patiently nods him to carry on.

“How about we merge Lu-corp and Oh enterprises together? You don’t have to sell your company. You will still remain as the active CEO and your workers will be remained as it is. I invest the company and pay all the loans. You won’t have to worry about the company going down again.”

Lu Han knits his eye brows together trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter