Sleepless Night

2JUN Collections

Junhyung sighed. He had been starring at the ceiling for almost 2 hours and yet the sleepiness did not engulf him. He tossed around. The other side of his bed was empty. The owner of the side was there last night but not that night. Junhyung felt restless. He missed that man already. Not even 24 hours yet and he already felt empty, loss and missed. Junhyung rose from his lying position to sit on the bed, with his back rested on the headboard. He glanced at his phone on the nightstand. He slowly reached for his mobile phone. He contemplated for a moment before he made the decision. His fingers quickly unlocked the mobile phone and dialled the person number. He waited for the person to answer his call while chewing his lips softly.

“Hello?”

“Hello. Are you busy?”

“Nope. Are you okay baby?” the voice on the other line sounded worry.

“I can’t sleep,” Junhyung unconsciously whining. The other person chuckled lightly and it made Junhyung heart skipped a beat.

“You miss me, hmm?” Dujun asked. He perfectly knew that Junhyung could not sleep because he was not there.

“You dare to ask?” Junhyung sounded sulky. He pouted when Dujun just blatantly exposed him.

“I know you missed me, dear. But you should sleep. You have to work tomorrow,” Dujun tried to reason.

“But I’m not used to it. I’m so used having you on the same bed beside me, hugging me to sleep, caresses my hair until I fall asleep,” Junhyung stated. Along the way, his voice becomes thinner. He was holding his tears. If he knew by not having Dujun by his side will make him suffer this much, he would never let Dujun has outside job especially in another country.

“Honestly, I’m used to have you by my side too, Junie. This hotel room is not the same as ours. I miss you too, baby,”

“Can’t you come back earlier?” asked Junhyung.

“If I manage to finished everything by tomorrow, I’ll come back to you as soon as possible, baby. I swear! I’ll never take outside job anymore. It hurts for not having you here and it hurts to know that you are also suffering,” stated Dujun. Junhyung chuckled lightly.

“Yahh! You have to make a living for us,” retorted Junhyung. But he felt happy. He was happy because Dujun need him as much as he need Dujun.

“I still can make bucks without going out though,”

“Yes, yes, whatever you say Mr. CEO,” teased Junhyung.

“Are you speaking of yourself, dear?” Dujun countered. Junhyung swear, he can felt Dujun was smirking on the other side.

“At least I can work from home. Not like you,” Junhyung replied.

“Baby…” Dujun called after sometime.

“Hmmm?” Junhyung already lied back on the back. He picked Dujun’s pillow and hugged it tight.

“I love you so much.” Dujun declared his love.

“I love you so much too, Husband. Please come back earlier, hmm?”

“I will baby, I will. This conference and meeting should be done by tomorrow,”

“Doo?”

“Hmm?”

“Sing for me?” requested Junhyung. At the same time, he inhaled Dujun scents on Dujun’s pillow. He missed his husband damn much and his scents on the pillow somehow can make Junhyung feel at ease.

“Okay, baby. I will. I’ll sing until you sleep, okay?” Dujun replied.

“Hmmmmm” replied Junhyung. He already felt drowsy. Dujun soft singing voice added with the scents from the pillow make Junhyung felt in a cloud nine.

Meanwhile, Dujun kept serenading to his beloved husband. After not receiving any response from the latter, Dujun smiled to himself. Junhyung had finally fallen asleep.

“Good night, Love. No more sleepless night for you, I promise. I love you,” uttered Dujun. Junhyung in his subconscious mind, smiled to Dujun declaration. Junhyung cannot wait to welcome his husband home. Their house did not feel homey at all when Dujun was not around. Indeed, Dujun is his home, Junhyung personal home and his safe sanctuary.

“I love you too,” Junhyung mumbled the reply. Dujun chuckled softly. He still amazed by how Junhyung subconscious mind worked. Junhyung never fail to reply to his love declaration even though the latter already drifted to sleep. He loves Junhyung so much that he had made a vow to love the person for the rest of his life.

Yoon Junhyung, a person where his absent make Dujun experiencing sleepless night. Indeed, Junhyung is also his home and safe sanctuary.

=================================================================================================================

Hello!

I am back, I guess?

Anyway, happy reading.

Also, take care of COVID-19

Anyway, I don't know why when I paste the story from my Words document, it became italic and i could not change it to normal at all. Help me....

2nd April 2020, 0109