Chapter 9

Time Machine: What could've been...

Present Day

 

“Guys, does this outfit make me look fat?” Tao turns away from the mirror and poses for the other EXO members.

“Sure does” Sehun says jokingly and starts laughing.

“Don’t listen to him, you look fine” Suho reassures Tao in a motherly manner.

The members were all in the dressing room preparing to go onstage and perform.

“It’s really nice to see all you K members again. It’s been a while since we’ve been mostly promoting in China. How was the flight here?” Lay asks the members of EXO-K.

“Not too bad, I slept the whole way here” Chanyeol answers with a wide smile.

“Yeah, I swear the fans took a million pictures of your drooling face.” Baekhyun laughs.

Luhan and Xiumin are playing around by the clothing rack, when a staff member walks in. Chen is warming up his voice in the corner and Kai is doing some stretches to loosen up.

“EXO, you guys are on in 5” The staff member announces.

When the EXO members walk on stage, they walk past TFboys who had just finished their performances. The two groups quickly bow to each other as they walk past in opposite directions.

“Cute kids” Chen comments.

After their performance EXO heads back to the dressing room. Backstage they see the VIP fans waiting to take pictures with them along with TFboys. They all scream in excitement when they see EXO. The security guards try to calm them down, but while the security guards are busy trying to get the fans to step farther away from the EXO members, a group of girls in the crowd sees an opportunity to grab Xiao Kai. Tao feels his protective instincts take over and starts running towards Xiao Kai, but before he can get there, another girl in the crowd steps in and manages to free Xiao Kai from the other fangirls’ grasp. That girl looks familiar. Tao thinks to himself. Yue?

At this point, the security guards have noticed and start to settle everyone down.

“TFboys and EXO, stand over there so we can get a picture of you two groups” A staff member instructs.

After the picture session, it was time for one on one time with the VIP fans. Yue walks over to Qian Xi who is just standing in the corner by himself, looking a little frighten by the sight of so many fans up close.

“Hey there, are you ok?” Yue asks Qian Xi. He shyly nods.

“Are you an EXO fan?” Qian Xi asks.

“Sure am, but I’m also a fan of TFboys” Yue replies. “Your name is Qian Xi right?” The boys nods again. “You’re a really good dancer. You’ll be amazing when you get older.” Yue says with a warm smile.

“Thanks” Qian Xi says. He manages to finally look up at Yue. When he gets a better look, he notices that Yue looks really familiar, but he can’t put his finger on it.

Yuan Yuan then walks over to Yue and Qian Xi.

“Qian Xi, some fans over there want you to do your solo dance for them” Yuan Yuan says to Qian Xi.

“Oh, ok” Qian Xi says while running over to the fangirls who were waiting for him.

“Hi, miss” Yuan Yuan says looking at Yue.

“Hi! Yuan Yuan, right?” Yue says in a friendly manner.

“Yup!” Yuan Yuan replies while making a cute face. He then looks at Yue, and starts to think. Wow she looks like my mom. “May I ask you, your name?” He asks cautiously.

“Of course! My name is Yue, like the moon” Yue replies. After she says her name, she sees the boys eyes widen. “Are you ok?” She asks a little bit concerned. “Is there something on my face?”

Yuan Yuan snaps out of his shock and quickly answers. “Oh no, no. I’m just being a derp. Hehe, that’s why they call me derp Yuan after all,” He laughs nervously.

Before the conversation can go on any longer, Luhan walks over to where Yuan Yuan and Yue are.

“Hey, I remember you.” Luhan says to Yue.

“Really?” Yue says surprised. “You have so many fans chasing after you all day that I would expect you to think we were all the same.”

“Well, I didn’t see you too long ago, and I have a pretty good memory” Luhan says, trying not to show his interest in Yue too openly while the fans are around. Before Luhan can say anymore, he notices Yuan Yuan standing stone still and sweating nervously. “Hey kid, relax. First time seeing so many fans around huh?” Luhan says to Yuan Yuan.

Yuan Yuan gulps and nods stiffly.

“Well, you better get used to it. This is nothing, and after your next comeback things will get even crazier.” Luhan says.

“Ooo, so TFboys is having another comeback soon eh?” Yue says.

Before Luhan could answer he’s interrupted by Yuan Yuan. “I’ve got to go to the bathroom” Yuan Yuan announces and runs aways.

Luhan shrugs. “Must be indigestion,” He says.

Yue laughs. “He’s adorable” She comments. Luhan, feeling a little bit jealous that Yue is paying more attention to Yuan Yuan, quickly butts in.

“Well, I’ve heard people say he resembles me” Luhan says in an attempt to get Yue to think about him. She turns to look closely at Luhan and starts to think.

“Ummm, yeah, I can see that” Yue finally says. “So you want to be called adorable instead of handsome now?” Yue jokes.

“No, no. Handsome is better.” Luhan quickly replies. They both laugh.

Lay and Tao start walking over to them, and when Luhan sees them, he’s a bit annoyed that he didn’t get to spend more alone time with Yue.

“Hey, look who it is. Moon character Yue, am I right or am I right?” Tao says while skipping over happily.

“You finally got it right this time” Yue says with a grin.

“From the uh….fansign event!” Lay says finally after struggling to remember since he’s always had the worst memory out of the EXO members.

“Wow, I can’t believe all 3 of you remember me” Yue says pleasantly surprised.

“Well, you’re one of the only calm fangirls we have” Lay says. And you’re also really pretty. Lay thinks to himself without saying it out loud.

“I always remember the fans who say I’m their bias” Tao says with a smirk.

“She didn’t say you were her bias,” Luhan interrupts.

Before Yue could say that all 3 of them were her biases, the staff in charge announces that the backstage fan meet is over and the fans should go back into the crowd.

Meanwhile, Yuan Yuan has gather Qian Xi and Xiao Kai into the men’s restroom so he could tell them what just happened. Yuan Yuan looks underneath the stales to make sure no one was in the bathroom, and walks over to lock the door.

“What is it Yuan Yuan? You’re acting really weird.” Xiao Kai says.

“Shhh” Yuan Yuan whispers. “I have something important to tell you guys.” He pauses. “I found our future mom, she was one of the fans out there”

“No way, what are the odds of that?” Xiao Kai said.

“Her name was Yue and she looked a lot like my mom” Yuan Yuan says desperately trying to convince Xiao Kai that he was sure of what he was saying.

“He’s right. I noticed that too, I just couldn’t put my finger on it at the time.” Qian Xi says in agreement with Yuan Yuan.

“Ok, so our mom was a fan of our dads in the past.” Xiao Kai finally accepts the coincidental situation. “Does that mean one of us was born in this timeline too?” He starts to think.

“But then there can’t be two of one of us in the same timeline, right?” Yuan Yuan replies.

“Yeah, I’m not sure of how that works either.” Xiao Kai responds.

“Well, there wouldn’t be if we can just go back to our own timeline right?” Qian Xi asks.

“Yeah, but we don’t know how to do that.” Xiao Kai says.

“Should we just tell her everything and ask her. Maybe then she can help us get back.” Yuan Yuan says.

“I guess that’s the only thing we can do now.” Xiao Kai says.

The boys quickly run out of the bathroom to search for Yue, but when they go back out to the backstage meeting area, all the fans have already left.