Chapter 13

Time Machine: What could've been...

 

Present Day

“I told Lay” Qian Xi says as the 3 boys walk into their dorm room.

“You did what?!?” Xiao Kai says in shock.

“I told Luhan too” Yuan Yuan adds.

“I can’t believe you guys! I thought we were waiting for the perfect opportunity to tell them together.” Xiao Kai face palms in disappointment.

“I’m sure Lay and Luhan will tell Tao anyways” Qian Xi says. “I just couldn’t avoid it. I mean, how do you expect me to hide something like that, especially when he was asking me all these questions that were just begging me to reveal everything to him.”

“Yeah, hehe, I just couldn’t help myself” Yuan Yuan says with a shy smile.

“Uh, whatever, it’s not like we were planning on hiding it any longer anyways.” Xiao Kai says. “I hope they decide to help us. Or more like, I hope they can….”

“I’m sure they will. They’re our dads!” Qian Xi says happily.

“Yeah, they can do anything!” Yuan Yuan adds excitedly.

“Well, we’ll find out when we see them tomorrow.” Xiao Kai says.

 

Future Timeline 3

 

“You sent my son back in time!” Yue shouts angrily at the evil female lab worker with tears streaming down her eyes. “How could you do such a thing?!”

“How are you so sure it was me?” The woman retorts with an evil smile. “He could’ve done it himself, kids are curious you know.”

“Don’t you play around with your lies!” Yue snaps back. “My son would never-” Yue can’t contain herself any longer. She prepares to get into a fight with the other woman, but Luhan holds her back. 

“It’s not worth it” Luhan whispers softly in Yue’s ear trying to calm her down. She relaxes a little.

“Luhan, but I have to do something.” Yue says desparately. “I’ll travel back, no, we can both travel back and find him”

“You know that won’t work. We’ll just split into another timeline.” Luhan says with sadness in his eyes. “The only thing we can do now is wait.”

Luhan wraps his arms around Yue as she cries with her face buried in his chest. He turns to the woman.

“Leave. And don’t come back.” He warns.

 

 

 

 

Present Day

 

“Xiao Kai!” Tao shouts as he walks into the practice room with Lay and Luhan following closely behind. The 3 members of TFboys were already waiting for them in the practice room. “Why didn’t you tell me your little secret, huh? Did it not cross your mind that I would want to know these kinds of things? Huh?”

“Sorry, I…” Xiao Kai trails off.

“Tao, relax, you’re scaring the kid” Lay says. “It’s not his fault you only talk about yourself. You never even gave him a chance to tell you about it.”

“Easy for you to say.” Tao huffs.

“That’s not what’s important right now” Luhan interrupts. “We have a big task ahead of us, and we need to figure what to do as soon as possible.”

“Luhan is right” Lay agrees.

“And my complaints just get pushed to the backburner. Again.” Tao crosses his arms and leans on the wall.

“Tao, this isn’t the time to throw a tantrum,” Luhan says. He then turns to the 3 boys who have been silently watching their argument. “So we first need to get one thing straight. You guys have no idea how or even if you can get back to your different timelines?”

The 3 boys nod.

“I don’t think any of us know enough about the laws of physics and time to help you guys solve that issue” Luhan looks at Lay, who just shakes his head, and Tao, who is staring at the ground deep in thought.

“Wouldn’t getting back require building a time machine?” Lay asks.

“I would assume, but who on this planet is even close to building one?” Luhan says.

“Clearly if this timeline is going to follow in parallel with the others, then Yue should be the first person to invent one….we just don’t know when that’ll happen.” Lay replies.

“It should be soon, right? She supposedly had one made by the time these kids were born in each timeline.” Luhan says while pointing at the 3 TFboys.

“Wouldn’t that also mean one of us is going to marry her soon?” Tao adds. “How old was your mom back in your timeline?” Tao asks, turning to Xiao Kai.

“36” Xiao Kai answers.

“And you two?” Tao asks, turning to Qian Xi and Yuan Yuan.

“35” Yuan Yuan replies.

“34” Qian Xi says.

“So she had kids the exact same age in each timeline” Lay says nodding.

“Which means, if this timeline does happen to match up, one of us will be a father in 5 years…” Tao trails off. “I don’t know…” He says skeptically.

“Tao has a point,” Lay says. “That doesn’t sound too likely, I mean, we barely know her.”

“Does that mean, this timeline is going to be different from the others?” Luhan starts to think. “It would have to be, right? There can’t be two versions of one of you kids at the same time.” He says, answering his own question.

“Yeah, that makes sense.” Lay adds. “So if she doesn’t make a time machine in this timeline, how do we get the boys back?”

“This is all speculation though. Yue could still be the first woman to invent a time machine” Luhan says. “See, we’re missing too many puzzle pieces. We need some extra help…”

Then Tao claps his hands together after finally thinking of an idea. “What if we look for Yue?” He says.