Chapter 26

Time Machine: What could've been...

Present Day

"Is it safe to say we should call you jie jie from now on?" Xiao Kai asks while they were having dinner at a restaurant by the river. 

"That feels a little weird though" Yuan Yuan says. "Doesn't that mean we have to call Luhan ge ge?"

"We already do that." Qian Xi says looking at his plate of food. "He's not our dad." 

Luhan chuckles and nudges Qian Xi. "You really are loyal to Lay aren't you?"

Qian Xi smiles with his mouth full of food. "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

"Oh, right" Yuan Yuan says forgetting that Xiao Kai and Qian Xi have different dads. 

"It's ok." Yue says. "You guys can just call me Yue...so how was going on Happy Camp and the comeback?" She picks her glass cup up to take a drink. 

"Oh, it was great!" Yuan Yuan says excitedely. "All the hosts were really nice to us on Happy Camp"

"And our comeback promotions were great." Qian Xi adds. 

"I can tell, TFboys are so popular now in China" Luhan comments. "Looks like I might have a bit of a competition" He says playfully. 

"Lu ge, your fans are no joke here in China though" Xiao Kai says. "Are you staying for good?"

Luhan nods. 

"So are you planning on staying here or heading back to Beijing." Yue asks. 

"I think I'll stay here for a while, and then we can go to Beijing together with the boys. How does that sound?" Luhan asks.

"That sounds great!" Yue says. "I just need a few more days, and my coworkers can do all of the testing while I'm gone." Yue replies.

"Yay!" Yuan Yuan shouts happily. "Family vacation!...kind of..."

"Well, we are half-brothers" Qian Xi says. 

 

 

A few days later..

 

"Nervous to meet my parents?" Luhan asks looking at Yue who is visibly nervous.

"How could I not be?" Yue replies. "All of the fans know that your parents are really private and strict."

"They're not that scary." Luhan says. "Just relax, I'm sure they'll like you."

"Let's pray they will" Yue says taking a deep breath. "But they'll love you guys won't they?" She says smiling at TFboys. 

"Lu ge, won't your parents think it's a little strange that you're having us stay at your house?" Xiao Kai asks curiously. 

The five of them on the train to Beijing that would take about 4 hours. The scenery that passed by was as beautiful as Yue remembered. 

"I told them the company had me take you guys to do some promotional activities in Beijing" Luhan replies. 

"Won't they wonder why we aren't just staying at a hotel?" Qian Xi adds. 

"Home is more comfortable, isn't it?" Luhan asks. Qian Xi smiles and nodds. 

"Homemade food is the best" Yuan Yuan says excitedly. 

"Will your house really fit all of us?" Yue asks doubtfully. 

"You think it won't?" Luhan smirks. 

When they finally got to Beijing, there was a light sprinkle. The air was much fresher and the smog was not as bad because of the rain. 

"Rain is like the earth taking a shower." Qian Xi comments while looking up at the sky. 

"Hey, guys let's go!" Luhan calls from afar. He had already called a cab to take them to his house. 

Yue grabs their stuff and run with the boys over to Luhan. 

The ride was a lot longer than Yue had expected. They had passed all the apartments in the busier district areas, when she noticed they were heading up a hill. She looked closely at the large building that was in the distance and was shocked at how much more beautiful it was compared to the other buildings in Beijing. The taxi driver stops and Yue notices Luhan hand him some cash. 

"What's wrong?" Yue asks confused. "He can't drive us any further?"

"No. We're here" Luhan smiles. 

The 3 TFboys get out of the car and star at the building in awe. 

"Wow! That's your house?" Yuan Yuan asks in shock. 

"Its it even possible to buy a building like this in China?" Xiao Kai asks still staring at the house. 

"No wonder you weren't worried about all of us fitting in there" Qian Xi adds. 

Luhan walks over and waves his hand in front of Yue, who is speechless staring at his house. 

"So the rumor of you being loaded was true." She finally says. "I should've known."