Chapter 16

Time Machine: What could've been...

Present Day

 

“So we’re really going to Hangzhou?” Yuan Yuan asks, looking up at Luhan.

“Yeah, Yue chose the city for all 7 of us to go for a vacation” Luhan replies smiling down at Yuan Yuan.

“That’s so cool, I’ve always wanted to go there. I heard it’s beautiful.” Xiao Kai says excitedly.

The 3 EXO members and the 3 TFboys were waiting outside for Yue with their suitcases ready to head off to Hangzhou. Lay and Qian Xi were sitting on the stairs, Luhan and Yuan Yuan were standing next to the van they were going to take, and Tao (wearing his usual sunglasses) and Xiao Kai were standing across from each other with Tao’s giant suitcase in between them.

Yue finally walks out from the lobby of the apartment. As she walks out she sees everyone waiting for her. Oh, they look so cute together. She thinks to herself while looking at the scene in front of her.

“Looks like we’re all set!” Lay says while standing up.

They all start loading their things into the van.

“Are we going to have enough time to prepare for our comeback, if we go on a vacation?” Qian Xi asks.

Lay smiles. “It’s ok, we can practice while on vacation too! We can dance in a lot of places, not just the studio.”

When they finally arrived in Hangzhou, the weather was really nice and the hotel they were going to stay at was really luxurious.

“So, SM only gave us enough money to book 2 rooms because they thought it was only going to be us 3 and Yue” Tao says. “We didn’t tell them about TFboys coming along, so Yue, you are going to have to room with the kids.”

“That’s fine!” Yue replies. “We’ll have a lot of fun together, won’t we boys?”

“Yeah!” Xiao Kai, Yuan Yuan, and Qian Xi shout together.

They all grab their suitcases and walk to the entrance of the hotel. The lobby was amazing, with not too much of the Western extravagant feel, but more of an Eastern style. The floor was a nice beige marble and there were large windows overlooking the city of Hangzhou.

“Looks like we’re on the 10th floor.” Tao says coming back from the front desk where the lady gave him the room keys.

“Great!” Lay replies.

They all take the elevator up to the 10th floor. Yue turns over to Luhan who looks a bit nervous. This is the first time she noticed because she had completely forgot that Luhan was afraid of heights.

“Are you ok?” She asks Luhan.

“Yeah” He replies taking a deep breath. “You would think I’d be used to it since I ride the elevator up to our dorm everyday, but it’s hard to overcome a condition I don’t really have control over.”

Yue pats Luhan on the shoulder and smiles at him. “We’re almost there.” She says.

He smiles back and nods.

Once they make it to the 10th floor and find their rooms, which were right across from each other, Yue takes the 3 members of TFboys to their room while Luhan, Lay, and Tao head to their room.

“Hey, let’s all rest early today and decide where we want to go and what we want to do tomorrow morning.” Lay shouts back.

“Ok” Yue replies.

The sun was beginning to set and every one was tired from the long journey from Beijing to Hangzhou. When Luhan walked into the room and saw the fluffy bed with white sheets he immediately fell backwards to lie down.

“Ah, so comfy” Luhan sighs.

Tao was amazed by the view and immediately skipped over like a little girl to take pictures of the sunset with his phone.

Lay quietly started unpacking.

“Guys, let’s order some food” Luhan says while still lying on the bed relaxing.

“Yeah, good thinking.” Lay replies. “We should order some for Yue and the boys too.”

“Let’s order some West Lake lotus root salad, sweet and sour fried fish, spicy tofu, and green onion pancakes.” Luhan says.

“Sounds good.” Lay says. “Let’s order some red bean buns too!”

An hour later, the food arrived.

“Tao, come eat!” Luhan shouts to Tao, who was still editing his photos to decide which selfie to post on each of his SNS accounts.

“Hold on, I’m almost done” Tao says. This has to be perfect. Tao thinks to himself when trying to decide what caption to put for his selfie with the gorgeous view as a background. How about: “Isn’t the view pretty? I wish all of you fans were here next to me right now.” Yeah, that’ll make all the fangirls go crazy. He chuckles to himself before walking over to join Lay and Luhan for dinner.

While they 3 EXO members were eating, they decided to plan what they were going to do tomorrow.

“I think we should split up.” Luhan says. “It’s hard to travel around in a crowded city as a group of 7.”

“Luhan is right” Tao agrees. “And let’s not forget we’re having a competition. Since we are here for a couple of days, each of us gets one day with Yue. I think we should split up family style. Luhan and Yuan Yuan, Lay and Qian Xi, and me and Xiao Kai. Luhan, you and Yuan Yuan can go first, then Lay and Qian Xi, and on the third day, she’ll be with me and Xiao Kai.”

“Wow, Tao, looks like you had this all planned out” Lay grins. “Sounds like a good idea to me, we’ll all have a fair chance.”

“Well, if I’m going first. I plan on taking Yue to West Lake tomorrow.” Luhan says.

“Ok, well then it’s settled” Tao says while wiping his mouth with a napkin. “May the best man win.” He smirks.