Chapter 3

Time Machine: What could've been...

 

Future Timeline 3

 

“You’re dad is really handsome.” A little girl whispers to Yuan Yuan while they were both watching his dad play soccer with his other guy pals.

“I know, a lot of people say that.” Yuan Yuan replies matter-of-factly. “Well now at least, people used to call him pretty all the time when he was younger, even though he’d much rather have them comment on his ‘manliness’” Yuan Yuan replies.

“Really? How can a guy be called ‘pretty’?” The girl asks curiously. “That’s for girls.”

“That’s why he didn’t like it, but he was a famous idol singer, so that didn’t really help his case when he had to wear makeup and stuff” Yuan Yuan says. “Beijing men are known for their manliness, so my dad always wanted to prove to people that he was a true man.”

“Haha, that’s funny.” The girl giggles. “Now that I think about it, you’re kind of pretty yourself.” She giggles again.

“Well, that just means I’ll grow up to be handsome like my dad.”

“You’re mom’s beautiful though.” The little girl says. “And my mom told me she’s really smart too.”

“I know, she is.” Yuan Yuan replies. “She invented something you’ll never believe even if I told you.”

The little girl’s eyes widen. “What is it? Tell me, tell me. Please?”

“A time machine.”

 

Present Day

 

The 3 Chinese members of EXO were still dancing in the practice room well into the middle of the night. When they finally decided to take a break and eat some snacks.

“Did anyone catch your eye at the fansign event?” Tao asks Lay.

“All of our fans are really loving towards us, but they can get pretty wild sometimes.” Lay replies. “There was this one girl though…Yue, I think her name was…she was pretty, and by the sound of it, she’s pretty intelligent too.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, she caught your eye too?” Tao asked surprised. “Looks like we have similar tastes.” Tao smiles and shakes his head. “How about you, Lu ge?”

“Do you really want to hear my truthful answer or should I lie and say no one” Luhan responds casually.

“What does that mean?” Tao asks.

“It means Yue caught his eye too” Lay says as if he had just read Luhan’s mind.

“As expected, you know too me well” Luhan says to Lay.

“Well it doesn’t matter, because I was her favorite anyways.” Tao says.

“Really? She told you that?” Lay asks with skepticism.

“No, Tao’s just being full of himself” Luhan answers before Tao. “But in all seriousness, I think this is the first time we’ve taken a liking to the same girl.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Huh, well as bros, that means none of us can go after her” Lay says.

“Agreed.” Luhan says.

“It’s not like we’ll ever run into a situation where that’ll be a problem. She’s a fan we’ll probably rarely run into anyways.” Tao shoves the thought aside. “Plus, I like girls with hot bodies. I mean, she was cute and all, but I’m looking for a model.”

“Whatever, you were totally all up in her face trying to charm her today.” Luhan grins.