Chapter 25

Time Machine: What could've been...

 

Present Day

"Luhan, your lawsuit has really gotten the fans worried" Yue says to Luhan while they are boarding the plane at Incheon International Airport to fly back to China. 

"I know, I'm going to work hard to let them know I won't let them down." Luhan replies looking determined. "This will all blow over soon." He looks at Yue and notices she's looking at bit nervous. "I can tell that's not the only thing bothering you." He says. 

"I'm still trying to figure out how to start actually building the time machine. I think I've gathered enough information now, and the next step now is to get to the lab and actually build the thing." Yue replies. "After that, of course, comes the tests and trial runs to see if it actually works. That usually takes a long time too."

"Don't worry too much now. TFboys have 5 more years in this timeline. I'm sure you'll get it in time." Luhan assures Yue with a smile.

"Oh yeah, don't forget to take your medicine for the flight" Yue reminds Luhan. 

"It's ok, I actually don't think I'll need it for this flight. There's just something about being next to you that calms me from my fear of heights." Luhan says.

Yue laughs thinking that Luhan was joking, since the last time she remembered, he even got nervous in the elevator. Then she relizes that Luhan wasn't joking.

Luhan quickly changes the subject before the situation gets more awkward. "So, after we land, I'll drop you off at your lab and I'll go to the TF Entertainment building to pick up TFboys."

"Mmm" Yue nodds. "That sounds like a perfect idea"

During the plane ride, Luhan and Yue talk a bit more about the EXO situation.

"Lay is planning to leave EXO in a few months, and Tao will next year." Luhan explains. "We figured it would be better to spread our so called 'scadals' a bit more so the fans won't feel too shocked, but either way, I'm sure they won't take any of it very well."

"I'm just glad the Korean members were so supportive of your decision" Yue says. "EXO really does have a strong bond...if only the fans knew the truth..."

"Yeah, it hurts us to see them hurt, but we have to protect TFboys." Luhan adds. 

"So are you guys just going to form a new group in China?" Yue asks.

"That was our original plan, but then we firgured it would be better to get our names out to the Chinese public individually and once the Korean members are free from SM, they can come over to China and we can be OT12 again." Luhan explains. 

"Does that mean..." Yue pauses "that you're going to find Kris?"

Luhan nodds.

When they arrive in China and get off the plane, Yue looks down and realizes Luhan hasn't let go of her hand since the plane took off. Luhan notices too and blushes. He quickly lets go of her hand. 

"Sorry.." He whispers almost too soft to hear. 

Yue smiles and grabs his hand again. "Let's go!" She says while pulling Luhan along happily. 

 

They take a taxi and drop off their luggage at a hotel before heading over to Yue's lab. 

"I'll go over to see how practice is going with TFboys, and come back later this evening so we can all go out to dinner." Luhan says. 

"Ok, I'll see you later!" Yue waves goodbye. 

 

In the lab, Yue explains all the information she's gathered in Korea to her collegues. They too, share the new data they've collected since she left. 

"How's that generator coming along?" One woman shouts across the lab to another guy. 

"Almost perfect" He replies. 

"Don't forget to grease it well. We need those wheels spinning at light speed!" Another person shouts. 

The crew had been at it for a couple of hours. Yue was finally putting the last touched on the part she was working on, which was the time controlling mechanism. 

Suddenly, the door to the lab opens and 3 boys run in excitedly.

"Mom!" Yuan Yuan shouts running over to hug Yue around the waist. 

Qian Xi runs over to join Yuan Yuan, while Xiao Kai face palms and walks over.

"We're not supposed to call her that out in public" Xiao Kai whispers sharply at Yuan Yuan. 

Yuan Yuan and Qian Xi let go of Yue, realizing they both got over excited. 

All the people in the lab stare at Yue and the boys with wide eyes, clearly confused and surprised. 

"You have-" One of the male lab workers begins to ask before a female interrupts.

"-They're adorable" The female says with a forced smile. 

Yue starts to laugh and tries to explain. "Oh no, they're just my....brothers! The only call me mom because I take care of them so much that I'm like their mother."

The people in the lab finally start nodding. 

"Now that sounds about right, they're too old to be your sons anyways" Another worker replies.

Just then, Luhan runs in panting from chasing after the 3 boys.

"Guys, slow down, we're not supposed to be running around in a place like this" Luhan says. He then looks up to see Yue and the lab workers. Dang, I'm too late. He thinks ot himself. 

"And this..." Yue begins to say before Luhan tries to explain something different. "is my friend from Beijing, who is just taking care of my brothers while they are visiting me."

"Yes" Luhan says. "That's me, the babysitter friend."

The lab workers all nodd.

"Well, I think I'll be heading out now" Yue says, quickly cleaning up. "I'll be back tomorrow to put all parts together."

All the lab workers say goodbye to Yue, while she quickly rushes out with TFboys and Luhan. 

"Sorry" Yuan Yuan says when they exit the buiding. The sun has set and the sky was getting darker. 

"Oh that was nothing serious" Yue replies. "I'm so happy to see you guys! How was comeback training?"

"It's been great!" Qian Xi says with a huge grin. "I learned a new dance!"

"And we were invited to Happy Camp!" Xiao Kai adds.