Chapter 35

Time Machine: What could've been...

 

 

Present Day

 

After they finished lunch at a traditional Chinese restaurant in the heart of downtown Nanjing, they head over to a park near the river. Because it was raining earlier, the park was not as crowded as it normally was. But the rain had stopped, and the birds were starting to chirp again. 

Walking along the dampened path, Yue holds hands with the 3 TFboys. Luhan, Lay, and Tao following closely behind them.  

“The timer is set right?” Luhan whispers behind. Yue nods. She had set a time 3 hours from now, for the time machine to start rewinding. She knew that if she didn’t automatically set a time, when the moment came, she wouldn’t be able to get herself to push the button.

“The one thing that I’m really going to miss is being in a group with you guys.” Xiao Kai suddenly says to Yuan Yuan and Qian Xi.

Yuan Yuan nods, trying to hold back a few tears. “Being in TFboys was so cool. We had so many good times….” He trails off with a quiet sniffle.

“Times that would’ve been worth remembering if we could” Qian Xi finishes for him.

“Do you think perhaps that in another timeline, we weren’t half brothers, and we are all in a group called TFboys?” Xiao Kai asks, looking at Yue hopefully.

Yue smiles and nods. “Of course, that’s definitely a possibility.” Yue replies reassuringly.

“Cool!” Xiao Kai says with his face lighting up in excitement. “Then in that timeline, my name is Wang Jun Kai and I’ll be super handsome and tall!” He smiles widely, beginning to daydream about how awesome that would be.

“Are you indirectly kicking me to the side?” Tao asks jokingly. “Why not be Huang Jun Kai?” He asks.

Xiao Kai laughs. “Because in that timeline, it’s a different me and we’re not brothers.” Xiao Kai says, referring to Yuan Yuan and Qian Xi.

“Aww, but I wanted to be called Wang Yuan!” Yuan Yuan exclaims a little disappointed.

“That’s ok, you still can be. Wang is the most popular surname in China!” Xiao Kai says laughing again. “Then people can refer to us as W and W, hahaha.”

“Or KaiYuan” Qian Xi says, trying to hold back a laugh. He was well aware of how fans like to ship idols. 

“So what would your name be?” Lay asks Qian Xi, playing along.

“Hmmm, I think I’ll be called Yi Yang Qian Xi” Qian Xi says proudly.

“Oh, and your reason for that is?” Lay says raising an eyebrow, interested in why Qian Xi had chosen that name.

“Yi Yang is how we greet people in Hunan, right?” Qian Xi says to Lay. Lay nods. “And since I was born in the new millennium, Yi Yang Qian Xi is basically welcome to the new millennium.” Qian Xi explains.

Lay nods with a smile. “I like it. It’s perfect. And you’ll be an amazing dancer, right?”

Qian Xi nods happily.

They continue to stroll around the park, talking about what the other timeline is like, smiling and laughing about all the things that happen there. In the last hour, they take sometime to remember their times together in this one. They talk about the time they went to Hangzhou and visited all the amazing places there. Yue thanks Luhan, Lay, and Tao for their adventures in Korea. The sun is starting to peak out behind the clouds. Yuan Yuan looks up and spots a rainbow in the sky.

“The rainbow after the storm is always beautiful” Qian Xi comments.

Yue sighs. “It’s almost time. Any last words?” She asks looking around at the boys.

“You’re the best mom ever.” Qian Xi says shyly. Xiao Kai and Yuan Yuan nod in agreement.

“I’m really going to miss you guys” Xiao Kai says, looking at the ground, trying to stay strong.

They all huddle into a big group hug. Tao and Yuan Yuan are both crying now.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d think Yuan Yuan was your son” Luhan jokes a little.

“Oh, you know you want to cry too” Tao says wiping his tears with his fingers. “Manly my ”

They all laugh at Tao’s comment. Luhan playfully kicks Tao’s knee.

The final moment was coming, and just before time rewinds Yue says one last thing to TFboys.

 

“I made this decision by telling myself that as long as you exist somewhere, it's ok if I'm not with you, the me in this timeline.” Yue looks at the 3 TFboys with a warm smile. “Just know that know that every single version of me in every timeline that’s out there, loves you deeply. Whether I’m your mother or just a fan.” She takes a deep breath. “Goodbye you guys, Luhan, Lay, Tao, and TFboys. Our friendship and time together is somethings that could've been. Something that would've been beautiful and breathtaking, but for now, take care...”

 

“Goodbye” They all whisper underneath their breath as the world blurs out of view.

 

 

 

 


 

 

“We are one! 大家好, 我们是 EXO!” The members introduce themselves, first together, then one by one. When it was Luhan’s turn, the screams were extra loud.

“As expected, Luhan’s popularity is no joke in China” Fei says. Yue and her roommate, Fei, were attending EXO’s Meilishuo fansign event.

“I know! He’s so good looking! I always want to say pretty, but we all know he likes being called handsome.” Yue adds.

After an hour, Yue and Fei finally make it to the front of the line. As Yue walks up to the signing table, she looks out at the crowd of screaming fans. When she gets to the fansigning table, Luhan, Lay, and Tao all put their attention on her.

“Hi, what is your name?” Lay asks while smiling sweetly and looking up a Yue.

“Oh, uh. My name is Yue.” Yue chuckes shyly, slightly embarrassed that she wasn’t paying attention. “The same as the character for moon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys, thanks for reading and subscribing to this fanfic. I hope you all enjoyed it :)