Chapter 14

Time Machine: What could've been...

Future Timeline 2

‘Bam!’

The head bully stubbles back after Tao jump kicks his face. Tao then runs to slam on top of the kid and begins to punch. The rest of the bully gang run out of the house as Yue walks into the lab.

She runs over to pull Tao off of the kid.

“Let me at him!” Tao shouts while struggling to get out of Yue’s grasp.

“Calm down, Tao. Violence is not the answer.” Yue says trying to hold back her tears.

Tao calms down a little, seeing that Yue is having a really hard time containing her emotions as well.

The bully, seeing an opportunity to escape, stands up with shaky legs and stubbles out of the house. At one point he trips and just desperately crawls away praying that Tao won’t go after him. 

Tao, ignoring the bully, turns to Yue. She has tears streaming down her eyes now. Tao uses his thumb to wipe her tears away.

“It’s my fault.” Tao says. “I wasn’t able to protect him.”

Yue shakes her head. “No...it’s not”

Tao pulls her in for a warm embrace. “He’ll come back to us.” He says.

 

Present Day

 

“Fei!!!!” Yue squeals in excitement.

“What?” Fei asks in a very non-excited verging on bored manner.

“EXO is having a event where they select one lucky fan to spend a week with the Chinese members in any city in China the fan chooses!” Yue exclaims.

“First of all, what in the world possessed them to do that? They know they have millions of crazy fangirls who will be out to get whoever gets chosen. AND, why are you so excited? The odds of you being that one lucky fan are 1 in 2.5 million.” Fei says.

“I don’t know, it’s always exciting when EXO has events like this for their fans.” Yue says. “Plus 1 in 2.5 million is still better than 0.” She smiles happily.

“Whatever, just don’t be too sad if you’re not chosen” Fei replies.

“You know I won’t be, haha” Yue laughs, still daydreaming about how amazing that week would be if it happened to her.

 

In EXO’s dorm

 

“Got it all set up?” Lay asks Luhan.

“Yup” Luhan replies. “She’s bound to apply for this. We just have to find her name among the millions who applied, and make sure she’s the Yue we are looking for.”

“Don’t tell me you made them send in their picture” Tao says.

“Of course I didn’t. That would make it too obvious that we hand picked instead of randomly drew a name.” Luhan replies.

“Yeah, we went by major or study instead because luckily I asked Yue what she was studying at the Meili Shuo Fan signing.” Lay adds. “And what are the odds of having more than one fan with the moon character Yue as a name and majoring in theoretical physics?” Lay grins proudly.

“Thank god” Tao says in relief. “I don’t want our fans to think I’m a shallow person.”

“That’s what you were worried about?” Lay says amused.

“Guys, I found her” Luhan announces. “It’s time to send out the invitation to our lucky fan…” Luhan grins.

 

Yue’s dorm

“Feiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!” Yue screams.

“What is it now?” Fei asks while yawning. She was already lying in her bed ready to sleep.

“I. GOT. CHOSEN.” Yue squeals. “Week with EXO, here I come!”