Chapter 5

Time Machine: What could've been...

Future Timeline 2

 

Xiao Kai unlocks the door to his house with his younger friend and the bullies following closely behind him.

“Move faster!” The largest of the bullies yells at Xiao Kai. “We don’t have all day.”

Xiao Kai leads the group of boys down to the basement of the house.

“Man, the rumors were true. You ARE loaded!” One of the bullies yelled from the back while looking around and admiring how huge and grand the house was.

When he reaches the metal door to his mother’s lab, he hesitates, a little unsure if he’s doing the right thing in a situation like this. In the end, he manages to convince himself that everything will be fine and the bullies will leave him and his friend alone if he gives them what they want.

The group of boys slowly enters the room with Xiao Kai leading the way.

“Well, there she is” The leader bully proclaims. “The prize everyone in the world is dying to get their hands on.”

“Well now that I’ve shown it to you, can you leave us alone?” Xiao Kai asks nervously.

“Sure, sure…” The lead bully says with his eyes hungrily glued to the blue box. “But first, you have to prove that it works” He gives a signal, and the largest bully grabs Xiao Kai’s friend. The lead bully turns to Xiao Kai. “Go inside and time travel. DO IT!” He commands.

“Wait, what?!! I don’t think it’s completely finished yet! My mom hasn’t figure out a way to get back yet! I can’t go in, are you crazy?!?!” Xiao Kai pleads desperately.

“Maybe I am….maybe I’m not. But you have no choice” The lead bully gives another signal, and the rest of the bullies gang up on Xiao Kai, forcing him into the time machine and closing the door.

“Let me out! Let me out!” Xiao Kai screams desperately.

“Now what date shall we set it to?” The lead bully picks up the remote control that is able to command the machine from the outside. “How about…. August 1, 2013…this day over 10 years ago…” The lead bully lets out an evil laugh, and pushes the button.

 

Present Day

 

When Yue finally gets off of work, she heads back to her dorm, excited to check out the boy group her coworker recommended. TFboys, huh? I wonder what kind of songs they release. Yue thinks to herself as she’s walking across campus.

“Well you look excited. Something good happen at work today?” Fei asks as Yue walks through the door.

“No, I’m just excited to check out a boy group called TFboys. Supposedly they are really cute and suit my style.” Yue replies.

“Oh, TFboys? I’ve seen them. They are super adorable, but too young for me. I feel like a e when I watch their MVs.” Fei says.

“Yeah, well you need to stop thinking guys are just made for banging. Haha, when little boys are cute, you just have to treat them like you treat a cute baby. Think of a mother-son kind of love” Yue stops and reflects on what she just said. “Uh, that didn’t sound right, but you know what I mean.”

“Yeah, sure I do…” Fei replies semi-sarcastically.

“Whatever, I’m just going to check them out.” Yue opens her laptop and goes online to search for TFboys. When she sees a picture of them, her initial reaction was that they look super familiar. Have I already seen them somewhere? She thinks to herself. No, that can’t be…

“What wrong?” Fei asks, seeing that Yue has suddenly gone quiet.

“Oh, nothing. They just look too familiar, like I’ve seen them somewhere.” Yue replies. Then it hits her. “Wait! I know where I’ve seen these 3 boys, they were in the crowd at EXO’s fansign event.”

“Well, that’s not surprising since TFboys are a popular boy group and EXO is also a popular boy group.” Fei says.

“Yeah, I guess…” Yue is still deep in thought. But the look in their eyes…I can’t seem to forget that….