Chapter 22

Time Machine: What could've been...

Present Day

 

“There’s so much you have to see!” Lay says excitedly while opening the curtains of the large glass wall of their hotel room revealing a gorgeous view of Seoul. “Where do we even start?”

“I say we take her to Namsan tower” Tao suggests, while taking a photo of the view.

“Oh, I’ve always wanted to go to Namsan tower!” Yue says excitedely.

“We should first go biking along the Han River” Luhan adds. “And then we can have samgyeopsal for dinner and go up to Namsan in the evening. The view of Seoul’s skyline is beautiful at night.”

“That sounds like a great idea!” Lay says. “You’ll get little taste of everything.”

Yue smiles happily.

 

They take the subway down to the park by the Han River, and rent out 4 bikes. They start to cruise along the bike path right along the river.

“Tao, stop trying to take pictures. You’ll run into someone” Lay shouts from behind.

“Ok, last one. I promise” Tao shouts back while holding up his phone.

“Hey! Slow down!” Luhan shouts from behind.

When Tao, Lay, and Yue stop to wait for Luhan, he speeds past them.

“Haha, got you!” Luhan shouts back while Tao, Lay, and Yue all stare at him confused.

Tao rolls his eyes. “I still can’t believe he’s the oldest among us.”

Lay laughs. “He’s still a kid at heart. But Tao, you shouldn’t be the one talking.”

They were all having a good time enjoying the view and nice weather when suddenly…

“Luhan oppa!!”

They hear a group of fangirls from behind.

“Shoot!” Luhan says. Finally realizing that him, Lay, and Tao forgot to wear hats and sunglasses to hide their identities.

“Lay oppa! Tao!!” More fangirl screams. 

“Well, this was bound to happen” Yue says knowingly. “I was wondering how long it was going to be until people started recognizing you guys.”

“What do we do now?” Tao asks.

“Hold on, you guys find a place to hide. I’ll go buy you some accessories.” Yue instructs. “I can’t be too close to you guys anyways. We don’t want dispatch or some other scandal news agency to catch us.”

The 3 EXO members nod and start biking fast.

“Hey, girls” Yue says when the fangirls finally catch up to her.

“Where are they?” The lead fangirl demands while crossing her arms. “We saw you with them.”

“With who?” Yue pretends not to know. “Oh, those three guys? Ha! I though they were members of EXO too, but turns out, they’re just a few university students relaxing on the weekend.”

“Stop lying to us, we saw them clearly enough.” The fangirl says.

“Yeah, I clearly saw Luhan, with his absolutely gorgeous face.” Another fangirl says from the back.

“And who could mistake Lay’s dimples when he smiles.”

“Or Tao’s signature fierce dark circles.”

“You’re trying to hide the fact that you’re dating one of them!” A fangirl from the group accuses while point a sharp finger at Yue.

“Oh come on, why would I lie? And does it look like I’m good enough to date someone from EXO?” Yue says, while pulling out her EXO fanmade necklace she bought online. “Look, I’m a fangirl from the EXO-L fandom just like you guys. It would be a joke if I was dating a member.”

The lead fangirl finally starts to believe Yue. “Well, if you put it that way.” She says looking a little disappointed. “Come on girls, let’s go back to the SME building. Looks like there’s nothing much going on here.”

Yue sighs a breathe of relief. Saseangs…how scary. She thinks to herself.

 

Yue bikes until she reached the nearest clothing store. She walks in and starts looking at the caps. Now what kind of a style would each member like to wear? She looks around and finally decides on buying a beanie for Lay, and cap for Luhan, and a pair fashionable sunglasses for Tao.

When she walks out of the store, she see’s an old woman, trying to earn a bit of money by telling people their fortunes. She wasn’t on planning to get her fortune read, but the woman calls out to her.

 

“Hello young lady. Would you care to see your future?” She says asks politely. “Only 5000 won.” The lady smiles.

Yue feeling a bit unsure because her Korean is still a bit lacking decides to do it even though she doesn’t believe in fortune telling.

After asking a few questions and looking at Yue’s hands, the lady finally starts to talk.

“You seem to have a very difficult task you must accomplish in the new future.” The lady says with her eyes closed. “A task that will force you to make an even more difficult decision.”

Yue looks at the lady, thinking about how seemingly accurate the lady’s words were. But she’s being so vague. That’s probably true for everyone.

“Either way, you will lose people very dear to you.” The lady continues. “I’m sorry.” She says while opening her eyes. “That’s is all I can see.”

“That’s ok.” Yue says handing the lady her money. “I’m satisfied with what you have told me.  She says in broken Korean.

The lady’s face looks sad, and she says something else in Korean, but Yue can’t understand that last sentence. It was something to do with the world will change or be different, but no one will realize it.

 

Yue walks back to her bike, feeling a little bit strange and concerned. Is it possible that she could be right? Nah, no one can see the future….I just wish I understood what she said at the end. Probably just something she says to everyone…. Yue shrugs and bikes off to meet back up with Lay, Luhan, and Tao.

 

“Hey look who’s here!” Luhan says when he sees Yue. The 3 members where waiting behind a tree underneath the Banpo rainbow fountain bridge.

“Finally, we were starting to get worried.” Lay says relieved. “We forgot you couldn’t speak Korean.”

“Oh, it was fine.” Yue replies. “I’ve watched enough dramas to know the basics.”

“Well, I’m just praying you bought something for me that’s wearable.” Tao says. “I don’t want to go around looking like a clown.”

Yue throws the pair of sunglasses she bought at Tao. “How’s that?” She asks.

Tao examines it. “Not bad. I’m proud of you.”

Yue playfully hits the back of Tao’s head. “And if it wasn’t wearable, would you rather be attacked by saseangs?”

Tao has no reply. Yue laughs.

She passes Luhan and Lay their hats, and the 4 bike off again.