Chapter 8

Time Machine: What could've been...

Present Day

 

“Yue, take a look at this data. We collected it the other day while running an experimental test.” Yue’s coworker walks over to her.

“Hmmm, these are very interesting results.” Yue hastily walks over to her computer and starts typing in code. “Yes, Yes, it seems that we have finally managed to manipulate time!”

“It only a few seconds, but if we manage to get those nanoparticles to travel faster than the speed of light, we might even be able to rewind time. Should I call it….time travel?” The worker grins in excitement.

“Don’t get too excited about this, we are still quite a ways from time travel…if that’s even possible.” Yue replies a little bit skeptical. “There’s also a lot of other complications to time traveling, such as the infamous: paradoxes…I don’t think the same person could travel back to the past of their own time. Then it wouldn’t make sense.” Yue is deep in thought.

“Yeah, well what we have here is still a breakthrough, so I say we celebrate!” The coworker calls runs over to the other scientists to make the announcement.

Yue is still thinking. Hmmm, time travel…is it really possible? If so, how can a person travel back in time without changing the turn of future events….

 

Present Day: In EXO’s dorm

 

“Those TFboys were nice kids weren’t they?” Lay says in a really good mood.

“Yeah, I’m especially fond of that Yuan Yuan kid. He seems to know me so well! He even said I was handsome and manly.” Luhan smiles to himself. “And he seems to know a lot about soccer too!”

“Yeah, whatever” Tao says pretending to be disinterested.

“Oh, stop denying it Tao. I saw you having a good time with that Xiao Kai kid.” Lay says. “You were even showing him your wushu flips.”

“Hey, that’s only because he asked to see them. He even complimented me and told me I would make a great character in a Chinese Wuxia film.” Tao grins and rethinking how Xiao Kai admired him without him even trying to act all impressive. “Yeah, it’s nice to be appreciated without having to find excuses to show off.”

“I know right? Qian Xi told me I would be a great dance instructor if I opened my own dance academy. I’ve never told that to anyone, but that’s been one of my longtime goals. That boy read my mind, haha.” Lay chuckles.

“Well, I’m sure we’ll get to spend more time with those kids since we’ll be training them for their next comeback.” Luhan says.

“Manager told me that we’ll also be performing back to back with them at the Moon Festival Concert next week.” Lay says.

“Oh, that one in Changsha. Yeah, I heard about that too.” Tao adds.

“Looks like we’re going back to your hometown” Luhan says teasingly to Lay. “Maybe you could bring Qian Xi to your mom and tell her he’s your son.” Luhan bursts out laughing, knowing Lay’s mom has been pushing for Lay to get married and have kids so she can finally be a grandmother.

“That’s really funny, Lu ge.” Lay says sarcastically. But Luhan’s comment had a lasting effect because Lay could not stop thinking how great it would be if he had a son like Qian Xi. Cute, respectful, and a really talented dancer…so much talent at such a young age.

Present Day: Yue’s dorm

A couple hours later after the work, Yue is browsing on Weibo while simultaneously trying to figure out how she should celebrate this year’s Moon Festival. Maybe I should go home and pay my parents a visit. She thinks to herself. But Changsha is 4 hours away even by high-speed rail. As she continues to browse Weibo, she notices a lot of fans are posting statuses about how excited they are to see EXO perform at the Moon Festival Concert in Changsha. Oooo, maybe I should go for that! And TFboys will be there too? This I’ve got to see.

“Hey, watcha looking at so intently?” Fei asks, snapping Yue out of her thoughts.

“Oh nothing, just debating on whether I want to go home for the moon festival or not” Yue replies casually.

“To see EXO perform at the festival concert?” Fei says, reading right through Yue’s response.

“Yeah…” Yue says.

“I knew you wouldn’t go home otherwise.” Fei grins. “Well, you should get backstage passes because I heard you get a chance to chat with EXO and some of the other performers at the show.”

“Really?” Yue asks excitedly. “Oh, I’m definitely buying those tickets then.”