Chapter 27

Time Machine: What could've been...

 

Present Day

The rumors of Luhan's mom being beautiful were again proven true. Yue had expected her to be pretty considering the fact that she was the woman who produced Luhan, but seeing her goddess-like appearance in real life was still nothing she could've imagined. Luhan's dad of course, was handsome as well, but he didn't resemble Luhan as much as his mother did. 

"So you're the friend Luhan has being telling us about" Luhan's mom says, examining Yue from head to toe. "Just a friend?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

Yue could tell that Luhan's mom was asking if she was his girlfriend, so she quickly replied. "Yes, just a friend. More like fan who was lucky enough to become friends." Yue smiles nervously. 

"I see." Luhan's mom turns away from her and towards TFboys. "Ah, so you guys are the young and upcoming rising stars." She smiles and walks over to them. 

"Nice to meet you, Auntie" The three boys say in unison.

Luhan and his dad were just finishing their conversation by the staircase when they walked over.

"I'll show you guys to your rooms." Luhan says siginaling Yue and the TFboys to follow him.

"I'll grab you all some new bed sheets" Luhan's mom says before quickly running off. 

Yue notices Luhan's dad, but he walks away before she has the time to introduce herself. 

She follows Luhan up the spiraling staircase into the second floor of his mansion. 

"I think this room is big enough for you guys to share" Luhan says. 

"Wow, this room is amazing!" Yuan Yuan exclaims, running over to hop on the large bed. There was a giant window that overlooked the entire Haidian district of Beijing. 

"Yuan Yuan, this isn't a hotel. Be careful, we don't want to mess up any of Lu ge's things" Xiao Kai says. 

"Oh, that's fine. You guys relax and make your selves at home." Luhan says. 

Just then, Luhan's mom walks in with the bed sheets. 

"Luhan, we have so many rooms, why are you making your friends stay in the same room?" Luhan's mom asks. "TFboys are growing teenagers. I'm sure it would be uncomfortable for Yue to share a room with them."

Luhan chokes a little, forgetting that it would seem awkward for anyone who didn't know Yue was TFboys' future mom to see her sharing a room with them. 

"Uhhh..." Luhan begins to respond when Yue interrupts.

"Oh, I was just thinking it would be less cleaning for you guys if we just used one room" Yue says. 

Luhan's mom laughs. "You think I clean this whole place myself? No, we hire people to do that. Come along now" Luhan's mom smiles and signals Yue to follow her. 

Luhan's mom leads her down the hall into another room that was slightly smaller, but very beautiful as well. 

Luhan's mom hands Yue a set of bed sheets and just before she walks away.

After unpacking and making her bed, Yue walks back to TFboys' room. She sees that Luhan is there as well having a conversation with Xiao Kai about their favorite animes.

Qian Xi runs over to Yue when he sees her. 

"Do you think I can ask Lu ge if we can go take a tour of Beijing University if we have time?" Qian Xi asks hopefully.

Yue smiles and ruffles his hair. "Of course we can." She smiles. 

He smiles widely and hops over to Luhan. 

"Wow, Lay's going to be so proud his son is such a good student. How could I say no?" Luhan says. "That reminds me, I was planning on taking you guys on a tour of Beijing. How does that sound?"

"Great!" Yuan Yuan shouts. "I haven't been to any of Beijing's famous places yet."

"Yeah, that sounds really fun" Xiao Kai says. 

"Then it's settled." Luhan says. 

Just then, Luhan's mom shouts from downstairs: "Dinner's ready!"

After the wonderful tasting dinner that Luhan's mom prepared, Yue walks into the kitchen to help her with the dishes. 

"So you're a college student right? I heard from Luhan that you are quite the genius" Luhan's mom says. 

"Uh, yeah, but I don't know if I would say I'm a genius. I still have a long way to go" Yue says shyly. 

"Are you a more career oriented woman? Or are you planning on starting a family early?" She continues to question Yue. 

"Ummm, I haven't really thought about it." Yue answers.

"I know your a fan of Luhan, but do you think of him as only an idol?" Luhan's mom turns off the water. 

"Oh..umm" Yue was surprised by her straightforwardness. "I respect him as an idol and I've been following EXO since their teaser days."

Luhan's mom nodds. "My son has always had a problem with girls just being friends. It's always either they only see him as a little brother or he only wants them to be a friend. I was hoping it would be different with you." Luhan's mom sighs and looks up at her. "Maybe I'm just too anxious for grandchildren." She turns the water back on and starts doing dishes again. 

Yue felt a little bad. At that moment she wanted so badly to tell her the truth and to tell her that Yuan Yuan was her grandson, but the story was much more complicated than that. 

That night, it was starting to rain harder outside. Luhan and Yue were calling Tao and Lay in Korea so they could discuss the current situation. 

"What a sneaky move!" Tao shouts through the phone. "Taking Yue to your house!"

"Calm down Tao, I'm not trying to take advantage or anything." Luhan trys to explain. "This isn't a competition anyways."

"Lu ge is right, Tao" Lay says in the background. "Tao and I still haven't figured out when we are going to leave EXO exactly and how. The response to Luhan leaving has not been very good. The lawsuit is still hanging there."

"I actually think you guys might not have to leave." Yue says, taking a deep breath. "The time machine is actually coming along pretty quickly. If the tests go smoothly, you guys won't have to leave EXO."

"Really? That would be so great!" Tao says excitedely. "I'm going to start putting out OT10 stuff to calm the fans"

"Not so fast Tao" Lay says. "We have to be certain before you do that"

"Lay's right. We don't want to hurt the fans even more by saying one thing and having it not be true." Luhan adds. "How about we update you guys when Yue gets back and finds out how the tests went?"

"That sounds good," Lay says. "Have fun in Beijing! And tell Qian Xi that I'm proud of how well he's improving his dancing and being ranked number 1 in his class."

"Oh yeah, and tell Xiao Kai that I miss him" Tao adds. 

"Will do" Luhan replies. "Good luck with your comeback!"

"I think you should get to bed now" Yue says to Luhan. "You look tired."

"Nah, I can't sleep this early." Luhan says. "Isomnia."

"Oh right" Yue says forgetting that Luhan has trouble sleeping. 

"Well, I'll just let you rest then" Luhan says getting up to walk away. 

Just before he walks out the door, Yue stops him. "Want to stay here a little longer?" She asks quietly. 

Luhan and Yue sat in her room listening to the rain drops hit the glass window.

"You know the first time I saw you was that teaser you did with Kai." Yue says. 

"Oh, that one. Haha, Kai's a great dancer. It took me a long time to get those moves just right" Luhan chuckles. 

"And you became one of my EXO biases after I saw you in 'What is Love'" Yue adds. "SM did a terrible thing making us fans wait that long before you guys debuted. Releasing teaser after teaser. For a whole month, I had that video of you playing with the rubix cube at your Wlive photoshoot on repeat."

Luhan laughs. "Hey, I'm not the one making the decisions in SM"

The pouring rain outside turning into a thunderstorm. The roars of thunder were getting louder. Just then, there was a knock on the door. Yue walks over to open it and see the 3 TFboys standing in the hall with ther pajamas. Qian Xi was hugging a Rilakkuma stuffed animal.

"You guys aren't asleep yet?" Yue asked surprised. The 3 boys shake their head. 

"Qian Xi was scared of the thunder" Yuan Yuan says pointing at Qian Xi. 

"What? That was totally you!" Qian Xi says defensively. 

Yue laughs. "Ok, you guys can stay here tonight."

Yuan Yuan and Qian Xi both smile. 

"And what's your excuse?" Yue asks Xiao Kai playfully.

"I just didn't want to be left alone after Yuan Yuan and Qian Xi came over here, so I tagged along" Xiao Kai answers. He smiles playfully. 

"Lu ge, you're here too?" Yuan Yuan says after walking in to see Luhan.

Xiao Kai walks in to see Luhan as well. 

"Whao, did we interrupt you guys?" Xiao Kai asks.  

Luhan thinking that Xiao Kai was referring to some dirty stuff almost chokes again. He shakes his arm trying to say that it was not what Xiao Kai was thinking. 

Yue laughs at Luhan. "He didn't mean it that way"

"What way?" Xiao Kai asks confused. 

"Innocent youth" Yue says, patting Xiao Kai on the shoulder. "Unlike a certain someone" Yue says hinting at Luhan. She then laughs agian."Come on, let's all get cosy" She lifts up the blanket and the 3 TFboys all crawl under. Yue joins them on the bed.

"Well then, I guess I'm be going now" Luhan says clearing his throat.

"Luhan, we all know your not going to be able to sleep." Yue says. "Come on" she waves her arm signaling for him to join them on the bed.

Luhan walks over shyly. "Is this really ok?"

"Don't worry. I have 3 boys here to protect me in case you decide to do anything funny" Yue says.

The 3 boys laugh, and Luhan blushes. 

The five of them have a conversation about all the things they are going to do in Beijing with the pouring rain in the background. 

 

...