Chapter 1

Time Machine: What could've been...

Present Day

 

After finishing her theoretical physics exam, Yue heads straight back to her dorm hoping that she’ll have some extra time to check what’s been going on in the lives of celebrities she follows on Weibo, which is mainly just EXO.

When she opens the door, she finds her roommate slouched on her bed.

“Rough day?” Yue asks her roommate, Fei.

“Isn’t it always? I feel like I completely bombed that Chemistry exam! Why does the professor feel the need to watch us suffer and fail?!? Ugh…so how was your exam?” Fei asks casually. “The super hard one that you love for reasons I don’t understand.”

“Decent, could’ve gone better, but whatever” Yue replies.

“So you basically aced it” Fei shrugs. “As expected, the modest genius that sets the curve. There’s always that one person who gets 100 on the test everyone fails in.”

Yue rolls her eyes. “I’m not being modest, I honestly don’t know how I did. Well, we both know who’s really modest-”

“Yeah, yeah, I know. Lay from EXO is probably one of the most modest people out there” Fei interrupts. “Of course, how would I not know my own bias in EXO?”

“Have you been on Weibo lately?” Yue asks. “There’s a rumor that EXO is preparing to comeback!”

“Well, Lay hasn’t given any hints on what their next concept is, and we all know Luhan rarely posts anything” Fei replies. She sits up and opens her laptop.

“Maybe Tao gave one of his hidden message hints again,” Yue suggests. “To be honest, it doesn’t even really matter, I’m going to their Meili Shuo Fansigning event in 2 weeks anyways” Yue grins. “I can’t believe I’ll finally be seeing them in person!”

“Well, good for you” Fei responds unexcitedly. “I’m just a casual fan, who’s impressed with Lay’s dancing and likes some of their songs. Plus, I can’t afford to miss class, unlike a certain somebody who doesn’t need to listen to a professor lecture because she already knows everything.”

“Even if I needed to go to class, I would still skip for EXO” Yue says. “They’re finally coming back to China, so I can’t miss this opportunity.” Yue sighs. “To see them in real life, Lay’s dimples, Luhan’s sparkling eyes, and Tao’s….dark circles…haha. He’s called Kung Fu Panda for a reason >_<.”

“I can’t believe you’re such a huge fangirl and yet you can’t pick a bias among those 3 Chinese members. I mean, how hard can it be?” Wait! Don’t tell me. The explanation will take hours.” Fei grins. “What if you had to choose one to marry?” She chuckles, knowing that it would be impossible for Yue to choose.

“Ugh, whatever Fei. You know that’ll never happen.” Yue replies, shoving the question to the side. “There’s a 1 in a billion chance that I’ll have to make that decision.”

 

Future Timeline 1:

 

“Qian Xi, promise mommy that you’ll never go into that room” Qian Xi’s mom tells him, while pointing to a room with a double metal door in the basement of their mansion.

“Why, what’s in there?” Qian Xi asks curiously while innocently looking up at his mom.

“I’ll tell you all about it when you are older, but just promise me that you won’t even go near that room until then” Qian Xi’s mom looks straight into his eyes. “Promise?”

“Ok, I promise” Qian Xi replies in a disappointed manner. He really wanted to know, ever since he was little, what that room was and what could possibly be inside. He had always seen his mom go in there with a bunch of other researchers in lab coats, but she would never tell him what they did in there.

“That’s my good son” Qian Xi’s mom says while giving him a warm bear hug.