Something Speical

Unexpected

 

I slowly began to make my way down the stairs of my home for the very last time. Olivia and my parents were waiting for me, sitting in the living room drinking tea. My mom called me over to sit beside her.

“Soo Hee Ah, come here I have something to give you”

The fact that she called me by my real name indicated that it was something important, which got me kind of excited.”

“What is it?”

“Something special”

Me and Olivia were anticipating what my mom had to give me.

“Show me, show me!” I nagged like a little kid.

“Be patient!”

She took out a small wooden box with interesting designs on it.

“is that it?”

“Yes ofcourse, I’m giving you a box. Ofcourse that’s not it! Now before I open what’s IN the box I have a story to tell you.”

Me and Olive leaned forward in curiosity. My mom began to speak.

“A very long time ago a very famous craftsman made a pair of necklaces. He wanted to give one to his wife and keep the other for himself. He wanted this necklace to be unique and different than other couple necklaces, he wanted it to be something special.”

My mom slowly opened the box.

“Now the necklace may look simple but when looking closely you can see the detail that was put into it”

The necklace did look quite simple but it was fascinating for some reason. It had a long thin silver chain and something that looked similar to a black guitar pick hung from it. It was too thick to be used as one though. It had a golden lining on it. It shun in such a brilliant way, how could something so old even shine that bright.

My mom flipped the charm over and there was golden writing on the other side. “Sun”.

“Hey! That’s our last name”

I felt special even though hundreds of people had my last name.

“well it’s no coincidence actually”

“Omeni! Are you saying you’re the girl he gave it to!... wait!” Olive said as her eyes widened.

Olive put one hand on and the other pointed to my dad”

“are you the famous craftsmen who made it!”

My parents started laughing. Me and Olive looked at each other in confusion and started laughing along.

“No, I’m not the girl he gave it to and Sun’s father doesn’t have patience to make things like this”

“Hey, what does that mean” My father muttered.

“Anyways back on track, you know your uncle Park”

“Yes, The one who owns the chandelier shop back in Seoul.”

Uncle Park was my favourite and only uncle. Whenever we make our visits to Seoul he always spoiled me with gifts and took me to eat junk food. When I was a little kid he even let me help him at his shop, being a little kid I felt so cool helping him.

“Yes him, he was related to the craftsmen’s lover. Before she died, since the craftsmen had already passed away a year before, she gave him both of the necklaces.

“And he gave one to you!” Olive exclaimed.

“Exactly!”

“Ahh it all makes sense now” I said in amusement.

“This necklace means a lot to me. Actually if it wasn’t for this necklace me and your father would have never met, but I’ll tell you that story later.”

“I want to hear it now!”

“Sun ah look at the time! We have to get ready to leave now; you’re going to miss your flight.”

My mom put the necklace around my neck. I felt like crying for some reason. I was really going to miss this. I held back my tears, because now with this necklace I felt like my mom, father, and Olive would be with me wherever I go. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if this chapter was boring, the beginning of this fi mind be boring since there are a few thhings i have to write about before we are introduced to DGNA, but its coming!