Arranged.

Unexpected

 

**Mrs. Sun’s Point of View**

“What? He’s dead set on not allowing it? But how…? Suhoon doesn’t seem like a bad guy. You’re always able to convince him too... How could he make a decision so quickly, he barely even knows Suhoon. He didn’t even say he’d think about it?” Olivia questions with a worried look on her face.

“Can I talk to you for a second? In your room. privately.” I asked giving her the eye to let her know it was something serious.

“Sure Mrs. Sun..” She said slowly and suspiciously.

 

“You can’t tell ANYONE this. Not even Sun.” I said shutting the door behind us.

“But we’re-“

“I know you’re best friends, but I’m her Mother and I need to let only you know this for now. Please, don’t tell anyone.” I interrupted putting one of my hands on her shoulder.

“Alright, alright.. What is it? You’ve got me really worried.” She settled.

“So.. Apparently, he…” I stopped. “Don’t freak out okay?” I repeated a because once she heard I knew she would want to tell Sun.

“Just tell me!! I’m dying to know now!” She shaked her head in frustration.

“There’s someone else…” I said waiting for her reaction. All I saw was a clueless look on her face.

“Someone else… What do you mean someone else? Sun has two boyfriends? She isn’t that kind of person though!” She said angry.

“No that’s not it. Her father-“

“OH WAIT you mean Suhoon has another girlfriend! How could he! I’m going to go-“ She looked even angrier now. Such a clueless child, just like SooHee.

“No! Her father already found someone to marry her!” I finally blurted out.

“WHAT!? Are you serious? What do you mean he’s already found someone? Does Sun know him? Did she ever meet him?” Olivia said in disbelief.

“You both know him…Its Mr. Kim’s Son…” I said with a great sigh.

“Mr.Kim’s Son? You mean your neighbor Mr. Kim? His Son’s name is Jongwook, right?”

“Yes… Soohee’s father told me he has already talked about it with his parents and that he really likes Jongwook for Soohee.. Can you believe he would do something like that without my knowledge? You know how angry that makes me”

“Jongwook, he’s a nice guy and all and he’s obviously good looking, gets good grades and good looking..wait where was I going with this again.. Oh right, ummm he’s just not Sun’s type. I once told Sun that they should both hook up back in high school but she said she didn’t like him at all that way. He’s just too..perfect.” Olivia explained.

“I know he’s not Sun’s type. Her father wants the best for her and he thinks that a smart boy with a wealthy family is it. And even though I know he just want her to be happy..she won’t be with an arranged marriage. I mean how could he arrange something like that considering the way we met...”

“Does Jongwook know about this? Does he even want to marry Sun?”

“Yes, he knows and he likes Sun too. Soohee’s father never set up any marriage date or talked seriously about it with his parents or him yet. He said he wouldn’t do that without me there.”

“Ugh, Why is he showing interest in her all of a sudden? Sun was so quiet in school and shy and just studied 24/7. If he didn’t like her, then we could have worked around this whole situation quite easily. Well, Sun and Suhoon have been together for what? A month? Is there relationship really that serious….oh wait the necklaces… It was just a coincidence though…”

“She really likes him though and I have a feeling he really likes her too. He really wanted her father to like him…”

“We’ll figure something out Mrs. Sun, At the end of the day, Sun decides who she wants to be with.” Olivia said trying to make me feel better.

 

I was waiting outside the hotel for Raina and Sun to arrive. I had to keep everything Mrs. Sun had said to myself. I wasn’t sure if I could…But I kept reminding myself that I had to.

“Olivia!” Raina called interrupting my thoughts.

“H-hi..” I said awkwardly as Sun approached. We stood there staring at each other for a few seconds. I didn’t know about her but I was trying to contain my laughter. She looked so funny pretending to look all serious.

“Will you guys make up alr-“ Raina was interrupted by our sudden burst of laughter.

“I’m sorry.. For overreacting” I said pulling me into a hug.

“I’m sorry too..I was just really nervous and out of it that day..”

“You’re welcome, once again Raina saves the day. I should get an award…” She said.

“Thank you Raina” We both said pulling her into our hug.

 

We sat at a nearby Café, I made Sun tell me every little thing that happened in the past few months.

“I can’t believe Hyunmin was sitting beside you on the plane. That’s too much of a coincidence, don’t you think? Especially since he’s Suhoons best friend…”

“It’s the necklaces I tell you!” Raina added.

“Oh come on, it’s just a piece of metal. This isn’t some manga or drama…” Sun said.

“I agree with Raina. Your mom gave it to you the day you were leaving. And you and Suhoon both got into that misunderstanding because of the necklaces. Oh! AND the fact that he went to your Uncles jewelry shop the day Mr. Park was looking for it-“

“Uncle Park probably lost that Necklace everyday…That’s why he gave it to Suhoon too.” Sun said laughing.

“Why do you hate the thought of this all being because of the necklace? Huh Sun? Why!!!?” I said getting annoyed at her.

“She’s stupid.” Raina said sipping her drink innocently. Sun playfully punched her.

“I am being realistic here.” Sun defended.

“She’s scared. She’s never been in a relationship before. I would be scared too if my first relationship was like this..” Olivia said.

“You two keep talking nonsense. I’m going to the bathroom.” Sun said getting up.

“I’m not worried about their relationship at all. Once her father accepts it everything will go smoothly. She has fate on her side after all.” Raina said. I felt the urge to tell her what happened earlier today, but I kept reminding myself I couldn’t. But.. why not? It’s just Raina right? She could keep a secret, Right? If we didn’t tell anyone who’s close to her here then we would get nowhere, right?!

“Sun’s relationship is in big trouble!” I blurted out.

“What?! Is it because you still don’t accept Suhoon? He’s a really nice guy though and-“

“No Suhoon is fine but..”

“But…?”

“Sun’s father isn’t going to approve. Not anytime soon at least.”

“I’m sure he will. He loves Sun a lot. He’s just being stubborn right now.”

“There’s someone else..”

“Someone else? What do you mean someone else? Is Sun cheating on Suhoon?! Or is Suhoon ch-“

“NO!” I said laughing a little. I guess I thought the same thing too.

“Her father already has a guy in mind for her. He’s already visited his house and everything. The guy knows too and he likes Sun!”

“WHAT!?” I heard a voice say behind me.

“..” Mrs. Sun is going to kill me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~ Just wanted to let you guys know that "Jongwook" is a name i made up. I don't know if there's an idol names Jongwook hehe...