Better Safe Than Sorry

Unexpected

 

We were both sitting quietly on the bus. The sky was turning dark as we sat there silently. Suddenly Hyunchul decided to say something. I could tell by the look on his face that he was contemplating on whether or not to say it or not.

“Can I ask why you were crying back there, or is that too sudden…” He said with a look on his face that showed worry if he should have asked. I felt bad that I had actually worried him. But I felt more embarrassed at the fact that he saw me cry.

“You saw that….?” I said with an embarrassed look on my face.

“It was kind of hard not to see it when we bumped into each other….”

“It’s because of those boys, I don’t know if you know them. Suhoon and Hyunmin.”

“Yeah I know them. I don’t know them personally though.”

“Well they are either extremely rude people, or I’ve just met them at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or maybe I’m the problem….”

“I don’t really understand what you’re talking about”

“It’s a long story but it’s basically just bad luck I guess.”

“Then that’s not really your fault then.”

“I guess but maybe I’m too emotional or too dramatic…”

“I don’t really know you that well but since they may be just acting that way due to the misunderstanding then its best to revive things now so that you won’t have problems in the future. Since they are friends with people you enjoy being with, then its best to at least be on good terms.”

“You’re right, I guess I’ll throw away my pride and just say sorry.” Hyunchul was right; I’m not going to let them ruin my time here. Might as well just get us to be on good terms so that I can spend time with the people I do like comfortably.

“By the way, you’re not from here are you?”

“Haha yeah, I flew in here from Toronto a few days ago.”

“I was wondering why your friend was so worried about you going back to the university alone.”

We finally arrived at the Seoul University bus stop, and headed off the bus.

“Are you headed to your dorm?” Hyunchul asked.

“Yeah, I’m really tired and out of it so I think I’ll just go and take a nap.”

“I’ll walk you there.”

“That’s okay, you’ve already done enough. I know my way to the dorm building anyways.”

“I’m headed to my dorm too anyways soo..”

“Ah, okay! Let’s walk there together then.” I said was a smile on my face. Maybe the first time I smiled since I left the dorm with Raina earlier today.

**Nobody’s Point of View**

Raina, Suhoon, Jihwan, Injun, and Hyunmin all got off the bus.

“What was the point of this again?” Hyunmin asked.

“To see if Sun is okay.” Jihwan said.

“I don’t understand why you all came back, I could have just gone and checked by myself. Sorry for the trouble guys.” Raina said.

“Yes you have caused us a lot of trouble, you owe us.” Hyunmin said with an annoyed tone.

“Excuse you, that doesn’t mean I’ve forgiven you or Suhoon. I’m sorry for causing Jihwan and Injun trouble, you two on the other hand, I could care less.”

“Wow, I’ve never saw Raina act this mean before.” Injun said while laughing.

“Because of those stupid bozos we got into a fight. You know you two have to say sorry to her or else I’m never going to talk to you guys after today.”

“Aren’t you over reacting now.” Suhoon said.

“I don’t care if I’m over reacting, you guys are so stupid calling her “crazy women” and making fun of her. You don’t even know her!.”

“Let’s not get into another fight now and let’s walk to the dorm building to see that Sun is okay.” Jihwan said.

“Ah isn’t that her in the blue jacket?” Injun said while pointing in a far distance.

“That is her!” Raina said with a happy expression.

“She’s still with Hyunchul...” Suhoon said with an annoyed look.

“I’m going to go check if that’s her.” Hyunmin said with a suspicious look on his face.

“You aren’t going anywhere mister” Raina said while pulling Hyunmin’s arm. “You think I’m that stupid. You’re going to go do or say something stupid again, you jerk.”

“We should at least check if that’s her right…” Suhoon said.

“It’s clearly her, let’s just leave them alone. We’ve already made sure that she’s safe. Anyways I’m going to go.” Raina said.

“Sorry for today, it really didn’t turn out well.” Injun said with an apologetic expression.

“That’s alright, it’s not your fault that they decided to act rude today. I mean Hyunmin I get; he’s always teasing people like that, but Suhoon…Why were you acting so rude? You never like that.”

“She called me a liar and a thief.” Suhoon said. “I hate liars and thieves. So I got angry, and Hyunmin was acting so rudely so I just decided to aswell…”

“Ugh, well I still think you and Hyunmin should apologize to her; she’s probably really moody right now because she’s still trying to adjust.”

“Okay we get it, we’ll… apologize tomorrow… I guess.” Suhoon said.

“It means a lot, I’ll get her in a good forgiving mood tomorrow, You have to keep your promise though.” Raina said with a satisfied look on her face.

“We didn’t promise anything though…Suhoon did.” Hyunmin said annoyed.

“Shut up Hyunmin, I know you want to be on good terms with her, stop acting all cool.” Raina said.

“Before we apologize to her, don’t you still need to be forgiven?” Hyunmin said with a chuckle.

“True….I’m going to say sorry too.” Raina said while rolling her eyes.

“Can’t you just say sorry on behalf of all of us?” Hyunmin nagged.

“ugh, how about we all go  together and apologize then.” Raina proposed.

“I like that idea better.” Suhoon agreed.

“You don’t want to face her alone right?” Hyunmin said with a chuckle.

“Shut up.”Raina said walking ahead.

They all finally got to Raina’s dorm. Jihwan and Injun decided to go to their dorm since they didn’t have to apologize for anything.

Raina froze at the door, she held out the key to her dorm but couldn’t bring herself to open it.

“Okay open the door and let’s get this over with.” Hyunmin said annoyed at what he was forced to do.

“Just open it!” Suhoon said.

“Okay I’ll open the door loser.” Hyunmin said while taking Raina’s keys.

Hyunmin opened the door and right then all three of their eyes widened.

“What’s going on here?”

“It’s not what it looks like!” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back after a little while! This week and so has every week been really hectic. I hate Senior year. Next week will be even worse. Hope this chapter was okay, i know it was a little boring though. Friday is a day off though so hopefully i'll be able to update again tomorrow or this weekend.