A Warm Outing

Unexpected

 

“Let’s go get something to eat!” Raina suddenly said while organizing her books in her desk drawer.

 Our room was quite big for a university dorm. It wasn’t that big but not that small either. It had two desks side to side, also two beds maybe 30 cm apart, one big closet with a divider down the middle, and most importantly, a bathroom! I was so happy to see that we had our own bathroom, I would absolutely hate sharing a big bathroom with a lot of other people. I’m extremely picky about germs and cleanliness.

I was just about finished unpacking my stuff when Raina made her sudden suggestion.

“Yes, please!” I was so hungry since I literally hadn’t eaten anything for 24 hours. It was about 5pm when we left to eat.

We locked our dorm door and headed to the elevator.

“Let’s go to the university restaurant, its really good and not that expensive.”

“Sounds perfect to me, I’m too tired to go out somewhere anyways.”

“You must be really tired since the flightfrom Toronto to Korea is really long.”

“14 hours to be exact.”

“Omo that’s even longer than I thought.You poor thing!”Rains said while locking her arm in mine.

“Ha I’m fine though, I’m way to excited to feel tired.”

The elevator door opened and we walked to building 2 of the university.

“Building 2 is the most fun place here. It’s the place where everyone hangs out. There’s music, food, games, comfortable sitting space, and more. Oh and most importantly cute boys!”

“Wow, that sounds amazing. haha” I started laughing thinking about what my dad said before I left; You can’t leave your apartment ever unless for when you go to university. Don’t even think about talking to a boy. And no boys! Do you understand! Ahh I’m sorry father, I’m breaking the rules on the first day. But hey, building 2 is a part of the university so I’m not realign breaking a rule right! Haha. Who am I kidding, like I would even follow that rule. Even though I wasn’t at all interested in starting a relationship, I still didn’t mind seeing cute boys.

We arrived at the place, showed our Seoul University ID cards and walked in. The place looked so cool, like better than I imagined. It was so bright and colourful but classy and mature at the same time. Just my style.

“Let’s go eat now, I’m starving!” I exclaimed

We got seated at a table for two and were browsing the menu.

“I need help deciding, help me. What’s good here?” I questioned.

“Well, since we’re both really hungry why don’t we get a meal pack to share, we’ll get more food for less that way and it comes with a lot of different stuff. It’ll be a good way to taste the types of food they serve here.”

“Good idea! What would I do without you here? I’d be so lost.”

“Hehe, I’m really glad I met you Sun, I’m really excited to learn more about you.” She said while smiling warmly at me.

“I am too, really, it means a lot to me.” I was so glad to hear Raina’s simple compliment. I really got lucky, didn’t I? Though remembering Olive I felt kind of sad. I made sure to always keep her in my thoughts at all times.

Raina ordered our meal pack and we begun to wait eagerly for our food to arrive.

I was admiring the view outside. The building was filled with long wide windows that showed the beautiful sun as it settled. I loved looking at the colours of the sky when the sun was setting. The deep colours of pinks and oranges mixed into each other were too beautiful. Little things like this really made me feel happy and warm inside. Most importantly it made me feel closer to home for some reason. I suddenly begun to feel less lonely and closer to those I loved back in Toronto. If I look at the sunset every day then I think I’ll make it through. I really think that.

“Ah, our food has arrived!” Raina stated in excitement.

My deep attention to the sky instantly switched to the food in front of us.

“Omo it looks so good! Thank you!” I said to the waiter with bright eyes.

We both started chowing down all the food in front of us. Suddenly Rains determination to eat all the fried shrimp before I got them switched to something else.

“Ah! Injun, Hyunmin Oppa! It’s been a while!” She said while waving her hand somewhere. I was so hungry that I didn’t bother to look and ate the shrimps before she did.

She was talking to someone, and I suddenly felt like I was being starred at. Only then did I realize how rude I was acting.”

“Oops, hell-“My moth suddenly dropped open and the shrimp in between my chopsticks fell on my plate.”

“AJUSSI!” I yelled at the blond haired boy in front of me with one hand pointing at him and the other on my mouth. It was the boy from the plane! I couldn’t believe it! So he actually does go to this University!

“Crazy Woman!” He said while laughing hysterically.

“Long time no see crazy” He said with a smirk.

“Excuse you, I’m not crazy.”

“And I’m not an Ajussi.”

“Really? You kind of dress like one though…”

“I’m kind of getting the impression that you two have met before…?” Injun finally said.

“Ah! Hello” I immediately stood up and bowed to Injun.

“…Well…. he was kind of sitting beside me on my plane ride here.”

“Omo, are you serious? That’s so interesting! What a coincidence!” Rains said with a wide smile and both hands on .

“Wait Injun, Is this the friend you were telling me about who visited Toronto?”

“Yeah! Haha! it’s funny how this all works out!”

“You too sure are rude to each other for people who’ve only known each other for less than 24 hours.” Rains stated with her eye brows up gazing at me and Hyunmin.

“Hehe, I guess you’re right. I’m sorry…Ajussi.” I mumbled.

“I heard that crazy.”

“Ya! Injun wait until I tell you how she got her nick name, it’s so hilarious! I should have got it on tape!”

“Ooo I want to know too!” Rains said looking intrigued.

“How about Ajussi keeps his mouth shut and leaves us to eat. Since SOMEONE ate all my food on the plane it would be best if you left us to eat in peace.”

“Haha, alright then have it your way. I’ll tell you later” He whispered into Raina’s ear.

“Well we’ll be leaving to let you girls eat. We should meet up some time in a more…kind manner?” Injun said while pulling Hyunmin by his sleeve and waving us goodbye.

“Ah, finally.” I said while letting a big breath out of relief.

“How embarrassing was that, Injun probably thinks I’m a crazy freak. By now they both must be laughing at that plane story.”

“Hehe, is it really that funny? I’m sure it’s not that embarrassing. You can tell me later since we’re both starving! And well.. I can’t laugh hysterically and eat at the same time can I?!”

“Hey!” I said while putting on a cute sad face.

“Aww, don’t worry you little crazy women”

Endless laughter filled the rest of that evening. It’s been a very interesting first day here. Even though I got embarrassed by hat stupid Ajussi and the lovely Raina teasing me. I kind of enjoy that type of teasing though. For some reason. It makes me feel kind of close to them. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Its getting more interesting by each chapter right? At least i hope it is hehe. I want to thank all of my subscribers and also the silent ones reading this! It means a lot to have even one person actually read and like this, Really i mean it! Ah! Bye the way since i am canadian i'll be spelling words the canadian way, so don't think i can't spell (even though my spelling does ). Hehe AND you all thought it was Suoon right? Suhoon is too shy to act rude though right? It suits Hyunmin better, haha i'm sorry hyunmin. I still love hm though ♥ Don't worry Suhoon and Sun will meet, but it a more interesting way! Anticipate it!