Unexpected Friendship?

Unexpected

 

“What the heck? Stay here too!? I have no time for games I have a midterm tomorrow!” I said shocked at Hyunchul’s condition. “You’re just joking right!?” He must have been.

“No, not really. I seriously thought you were joking when you asked if Suhoon could stay here. Why would I let him sleep here? Do you know how incredibly awkward that would be?” He said.

Suhoon was half asleep now sitting on the ground beside Hyunchul’s door.

“So you’re just going to leave him out here, then?” I said getting angry now.

“No, you are. It’s your choice.” He simply stated with a smile. Why was he smiling? He must have been enjoying this. I thought I should turn it around and get a little fun out of it too.

“Fine, I guess I’ll just have to send Raina to Hyunmin’s dorm and let Suhoon sleep in my dorm.” I said expecting Hyunchul to negatively react.

“What!? Isn’t that too much? You’re going to send Raina all the way to Hyunmin’s dorm?” He was surprised at hwat I was planning on doing, just like I thought.

“You’re right, poor Raina. I guess I’ll just have to sleep in Hyunmin’s dorm.” I was trying my best to look and sound serious. Haha, why would I ever sleep in there, that would be a nightmare with only Hyunmin there.

“Hyunmin! I don’t trust that boy! Are you crazy! Are you sure you don’t drink?” He said outraged.

“I have no other choice, do I?” I said smiling at him now.

“Ugh, just tonight!” He said finally giving in. “You owe me big time!”

“I said I’d love you forever sheesh. You could have saved us both time and just let him stay here.” I said satisfied with my acting skills.

“Bring him in.” He was giving me a tired and annoyed look now.

“Common Suhoon!” I said picking him up and putting him on the bed to the far left. “Don’t do anything funny!” I said about to walk away.

“Don’t leave, I still need to talk to you” Suhoon said grabbing my hand.

“You can tell me tomorrow.” I said taking his hand off. “Why would he drink, he’s so stupid…” I said frustrated.

“I kind of feel sorry for him.” Hyunchul said. “He probably regrets everything… You should have listened to him the other day.”

“Are..are you defending him!?” I said shocked at Hyunchul’s words. “Wow you must have drank a little too. Everyone is going crazy today.” I said.

“Hah, he just looks really pitiful right now.” He said.

“Anyways I’m leaving now, thanks again. Bye.” I said.

“Pick him up in the morning at least. When does your midterm end?”

“12pm…I don’t think he has class until 5pm so I’ll get him after I finish.” I said leaving.

 

**Hyunchul’s Point of View**

“I’m too nice.” I said under my breath.

“Nice my ” Suhoon said. I could barely make out the words he was saying.

“You just sleep; I can smell your breath from here.”

“Do you plan on stealing her?” Suhoon said sounding a little bit human now.

“What? Did that scare you the other day? When she’s upset because of you or your friends I really want to sometimes…” I truthfully said. “But I’m not that mean and Sun likes you way too much to just end things so easily.”

“Why does she like me so much? I haven’t really done anything for her…”

“I don’t know either, her taste is kind of unjust, don’t you think?” I joked.

“Excuse you… Raina told me that Sun couldn’t like you more than friends because you were prettier than her.” He said now laughing at me.

“What!? I’ll have to confirm that with Sun tomorrow.. It’s not my fault I’m…pretty. Is she calling you ugly then?” I jokingly said.

“No… she said I was handsome and that you were pretty.” He said laughing.

“What! I’m going to kill Sun tomorrow.” I said shaking my head.

“Don’t touch her!” He yelled.

“You just go to sleep” I said turning off the lights.

 

**Sun’s Point of View**

“How was your midterm?” Raina asked as I walked into our dorm.

“It was good… Though it could’ve been better if I wasn’t so worried about Suhoon. I wonder if he’s still there…”

“Didn’t you say you were going to get him after your midterm..?”

“He’s not a child. He probably left by now. I guess I’ll go check if he’s still there though.”

 

“Please don’t be there, please don’t be there” I repeated as I was standing outside of Hyunchul’s door. I finally got myself to knock the door.

“Don’t open, don’t open, don’t open.” I knew how awkward it would be if Suhoon did open it so I just wanted to avoid him for today. Plus, I didn’t want him to apologize anymore, I kind of felt like I should apologize to him.

“Well, I guess no one’s-“

“Sun, you came.” He opened it.

“You’re still here?” I asked looking down.

“Hyunchul told me you would come after your midterm so I waited for you…” I tried not to smile but I couldn’t help myself.

“Idiot.” I said.

“Can I talk to you now?” He earnestly asked keeping his eyes glued to me.

“Umm…I think I already know what you’re about to say…”

“I want to say it anyways. Although it would be easier to just blame everything on Hyunmin, in the end it’s not really his fault. I’m sorry that I thought you would do something like that behind my back purposely.  If I knew you went to call your mom I wouldn’t have jumped to conclusions and have thought that you left early to be with Hyunchul, I should have known it was just a coincidence. You were just acting really quiet after we left the shop so I thought I did or said something wrong.” He looked really sorry.I reached out for his hand and finally lifted my head up.

“I don’t blame you for getting suspicious or getting a little angry since you’re only human but at the same time I felt sad that you thought I was the type of person to lie to you just to go see Hyunchul. I really shouldn’t have lied in the first place though, I’m sorry for that.” At that moment I realized this whole thing could have been avoided if I had just called my mom after we got back to our dorms. I guess I am quite impatient at times. “Also, I don’t take our relationship that lightly. Even though I’m shy around you and sometimes avoid you, it’s only because I like you and I guess I’m a little scared.” Wait.. should I have told him I was scared. That would make him feel burdened wouldn’t it? I couldn’t tell him I thought our relationship would fade away once I left.

“Scared of what? Scared of me?”

“No, I’m scared because…. You’re the first guy I ever showed my feeling too so sometimes I’m just nervous” I wasn’t lying; I did feel afraid of starting a relationship due to my lack of experience. But then again, I wasn’t telling him the complete truth. I feel bad but there was nothing I could do right now.

“Don’t be anymore. Since I like you just the way you are now. You don’t have to try to impress me. Just be yourself.”

“Sometimes I’m just a little jealous of Raina and Injun.” I confessed. They were just so cute together.

“Hah, they’re annoying aren’t they? Injun never shuts up about her. He’s always smiling too, it gets to me too.”

“Tell me about it, Raina goes on and on about his smile. I wonder how her grades are so high sometimes.”

“Let’s not be jealous of them though. They’ll be jealous of us soon, just wait.” He said looking into my eyes.

“See, now you’re scaring me. You should go to your dorm now, so that Hyunmin knows you’re alive.” I said, patting him on the head. “See you later.” I said brightly.

“Alright, bye.”

“Don’t forget to thank Hyunchul!” I said as he left.

“Yeah yeah, whatever.” He must hate the thought that Hyunchul might actually be a good person. He can’t deny it anymore. I felt very satisfied and finally at ease. It was all thanks to Raina’s brilliant suggestion.

 

**Suhoon’s Point of View**

“I’m back!” I yelled.

“Where were you all this time?! You didn’t even answer your phone!” Hyunmin said yelling at me.

“Sorry mom…I kind of drank a little too much so-“

“Drank! Because of Sun? That girl is really making you do things you never did before. Answer my question though, where did you sleep?”

“Hyunchul’s room” I said like it was no big deal.

“HYUNCHUL’S ROOM!? Damn, you must have drunk a lot! Did you guys have a fight or something?” He said in disbelief.

“No, I went to go see Sun, but she ended up throwing me in Hyunchul’s room. I made up with her though.” I said with a bright smile on my face.

“Oh how wonderful. The fated couple stays together!” He sarcastically said. “So, Hyunchul actually let you sleep in his dorm? Did Sun pay him or something?”

“Hyunchul may not be as bad as I thought…” I confessed,

“What are you guys best friends now? Why don’t you just become his roommate now?” Hyunmin was purposely acting mad. He was such a child.

“Oh come on, I’ll by you dinner so stop your whining. Let’s all eat out actually…I think I should invite Hyunchul too..”

“What!? How awkward would that be?”

“The only people it would be awkward for is me and you, everyone else doesn’t have a problem with him. Since I don’t anymore either, you can’t ruin this dinner this time! I’ll kill you if you do! Do you know how embarrassed I was yesterday?”

“Alright, I won’t. Let’s do this another day though. I think Injun and Jihwan have a midterm tomorrow so they wouldn’t be able to come…”

“Alright, we’ll do it on a day when everyone is free.”

 

**Sun’s Point of View**

“So I’m just pretty, eh?” Hyunchul said sipping his coffee whilst giving me an angry stare. I just found it cute though.

“Haha, what? Who told you that? Does a girl like you? Then again, doesn’t every girl like you?” I said smiling at him.

“You did! Suhoon told me that Raina told him that you only like me as a friend because I’m prettier than you. He also told me that you thought Suhoon was ‘handsome’. Ch- Handsome.. I’m better looking, right?”

“Aww, are you jealous? You’re handsome too, okay? Here’s some sugar, since you’re so sweet!” I cutely said dumping 2 cubes of sugar into his coffee.

“You at acting cute. It’s quite funny, actually.” He said laughing at me.

“Hey, I am cute! I don’t have to act like I am.” I defended.

“I’m cuter though.” Raina said popping out of no where.

“Where did you come from?” I asked.

“My class just ended” She said with a sigh of relief. “So, did you and Suhoon have fun last night?” Raina said with a smirk.

“Ew, don’t say it like that! And no, I could barely sleep from the stink of alcohol. He should have just slept in your dorm. Sun could have slept in mine.” He jokingly said.

“You like Suhoon, don’t deny it. You want to be his friend right?”

“If I did, it would only be to make sure he doesn’t do anything weird to you.” He protectively said.

“Ah, one sec, I’m getting a long distance call.” I said quickly getting up.

 

“Hello? Mom?”

“Hello Dear! Guess what?!”

“What?”

“I said guess…”

“Ummm… You made a twitter account to embarrass and stalk me like you do with your facebook account?”

“NO! And I do not!”

“I have 500 pokes, they’re all from you!”

“Haha! I was bored that day..”

“Clearly…”

“Ugh, I’ll just tell you! Your father, Olivia, and I are all going to Seoul! Our flight is booked for this Friday! We’ll be staying at a Hotel near your University! Aren’t you excited? I can meet that boy you like too!”

“WWHAT!? Are you serious?” I said in deep shock.