Meet The Parents.

Unexpected

 

“Midterms will be done by the time we get there! So we’ll be able to see you a lot and you can introduce Olive to all your new friends and also your boyfriend.” My mom said giggling.

“My…boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend! What boyfriend? He moved….to…Japan. Guess you can’t see him anymore.” It was believable, right?

“You think I’d buy that. A Seoul University student moving to Japan during midterms…” I really at lying.

“I think he’d be uncomfortable meeting you and not to mention dad is going to freak out. Since we’re very stressed these days, I don’t think it’s the right time to tell Dad. Plus we haven’t been dating for a long time so I don’t want to freak Suhoon out.”

“That’s why we’re coming after midterms. Stop making stupid excuses! We’ll a have dinner together. And Suhoon is s grown man, stop making him seem like a child. Stop protecting him.” My mom said.

“We’re not a married couple mom! You’re so embarrassing!” I whined.

“I need to know who you are hanging out with just to known that you’re safe.” My mom said tying to sound serious.

“Fine, just don’t embarrass me.” I said.

“I have such a rude daughter. I tell you we’re coming and this is what you say! Ahh what did I do wrong in raising you? I’m hanging up now, see you soon.”

“Mom, wait”

“What is it?” She asked.

“I love you~” I said trying to sound cute.

“You’re horrible at being cute. Don’t do it again, good bye.” My mom said laughing.

“Ugh, bye” Why does everyone say that!

 

“Who was it?” Hyunchul asked.

“My Mother…” I replied.

“What did she say?!” Raina said pulling me down to sit. “Did something bad happen?”

“They’re coming.” I cried. “I’m doomed.” I said putting my head on the table. Suhoon’s going to be scared away by them.

“They’re coming? What do you mean coming? Why are you doomed? I’m confused…” Raina asked.

I lifted my head off the table. “They’re coming to take back to Toronto” I said wanting to see their reactions.

“WHAT!?” They both said at the same time. I just bursted out into laughter.

“I’m joking. They’re coming to Korea for a visit.”

“Don’t scare us like that ever again!” Hyunchul seriously said.

“Hehe, sorry.”

“Yeah, that was not funny, sun! But that’s great then! I can’t wait to meet your parents! Stop being such a baby!” Raina said not understanding why I was acting like this.

“My best friend is coming too, everyone better be nice to her or else..” I said worried.

“Who would be mean, Hyunmin? Not like they’re going to meet on the same circumstances you two did.” Raina said patting my head.

“No not just that, I just don’t want her to feel sad or left out.“

“Don’t worry! Since she’s Sun’s best friend then she’s my best friend too!”

“But she doesn’t know much Korean...I might have to speak English a lot when she comes so sorry if you guys don’t always understand me”

“My English skills are quite good, actually.” Hyunchul said.

“Oh really?” I said curiously.

“Hyunchul was in my English class last year! He got the highest grade in our class…” Raina said. “I remember that because I got the 2nd highest mark. I felt a little jealousy towards you for that.” Raina said pouting.

“Raina is good at acting cute.” Hyunchul said.

“I know” Raina said smiling and nodding her head in agreement.

“Oh you two shut up, I’m good too! This is just Canadian style cuteness, you guys just aren’t use to it.”

“Don’t make the whole Canadian population seem not cute because of you!” Hyunchul said. Hyunchul and Raina were both laughing at me now. I just sat there giving them both dirty looks while sipping my coffee.

 

**Raina’s Point of View**

“Suhoon, Hyunmin! Wait up!” I said catching up to them.

“Why do you seem so excited?” Hyunmin asked.

“Guess who is coming to see Sun from Canada?”

“A doctor? She really needs to see one.” Hyunmin said laughing at his own joke.

“Hah, I think you should get your head checked before you say that. Her parents and her best friend are coming this Friday! Aren’t you excited Suhoon?” I smiled at both of them but I was just staring at blank faces. Then my smile slowly faded away. “What’s wrong with you too?”

“Her parents, really? Friday is really soon…” Suhoon said looking in deep thought.

“I wonder if her best friend is cute. She’s probably prettier than she is.” Hyunmin said.

“Wow, really Hyunmin? Do her parents know about your relationship?” I asked Suhoon. I should have asked Sun that before I left.

“I don’t know actually. Her mom probably knows though.” Suhoon said still looking surprised.

“Why do you look so nervous? I’m sure they’re nice people.” Why was Suhoon so scared? Was it the same reason as to why Sun was also afraid?

“Raina!” I heard someone yell. It sounded like an angry Sun. “I was supposed to tell him! Now look, you scared him!” Sun said. Hyunchul was still with her. “How much did she tell you?” Sun asked looking at Suhoon worried.

“That your parents and Best friend are coming this Friday, is there anything she missed?” Suhoon asked afraid of the answer.

“Oh, the most important part! They’re coming here because they found a great man for Sun to marry!” Hyunchul said.

I couldn’t tell if he was joking or telling the truth.

“WHAT!? Who is it!?” Suhoon said.

“His name is…hmm what was it again? Oh right! Park Hyunchul! Her parents say he’s a fine man.” Hyunchul said smiling and seemed to be on the verge of bursting out into laughter.

“You idiot Hyunchul!” Sun said playfully punching his shoulder. “Everything Hyunchul just said is a lie.” Sun cleared up. Suhoon face had a great expression of relief on his face. It made me laugh. Poor guy.

“Don’t worry; you don’t have to explain it to me. I already knew it was a lie once he said “Fine man” as if.” Suhoon said shaking his head at Hyunchul.

“Anyways, Sun and I have to go back to our dorms now, so bye bye.” Hyunchul said trying to sound offended.

“Excuse me? I’ll take her to her dorm.” Suhoon said grabbing my hand and pulling me beside him.

“Ow! What did I say about pulling! I am not a dog. No pulling when my parents are here, they’ll misunderstand. Well, probably just Olivia, my best friend, since she’s not use to the culture. ”

“Yeah she isn’t a dog. If she was, then she’d at least know how to be cute.” Hyunmin said laughing.

“You too?! Why is everyone saying I’m not cute! I’m cute! Right Suhoon?” She said fluttering her eye lashes infront of him.

“You’re cute! Don’t listen to these people! Just don’t ever do that again.” He said pinching her cheecks

“I’ll walk myself home, then!” She said looking like a little kid pouting and taking Suhoons hands off of her face.

“Aww now you look cute. Only when you’re trying to look angry or offended, though. Why do you think I make fun of you so much?” Hyunmin said.

“Let’s go Suhoon! These people are mean!” She said in a child like voice.

“Ahh take her away, she’s trying to act cute again!” Hyunchul said pushing them away. Sun turned around and stuck her tongue out as her and Suhoon walked away.

 

“I need to talk to you Hyunchul.” Hyunmin said.

“About what?” He asked.

“Why did you let Suhoon sleep in your room? Stop being nice, Suhoon is mine, okay!?” Hyunmin said.

“Uhh.. Suhoon is Sun’s.” I corrected.

“Haha, don’t worry I won’t be nice to him anymore, okay?” Hyunchul said giving Hyunmin a funny look. “Suhoon will be fine meeting Sun’s parents, right?” Hyunchul asked seeming worried about them.

“He’ll be fine. Her mom seems to already like him, I don’t know how though.. She hasn’t even met him. Suhoon just needs to get her dad to like him. Sun’s dad didn’t even want her to get involved with any boys! He’s very protective of her.” I explained.

“Oh, really? Then he has to get on his good side.” Hyunmin said now looking worried.

“Don’t worry. As always, I’ll save the day if anything bad happens. After all, why do you think Suhoon and Hyunchul are getting along now? It was my idea that he sleep there!” I said smiling at Hyunchul. He just stared at me.

“I hate you” Hyunchul said.

“I hate you too.” Hyunmin said.

“You two finally agree on something and it’s this! My plan created peace for everyone in the end, you both should be thanking me. And I know you’re happy that you see Suhoon in a new light now.” I said smiling at Hyunchul.  “Anyways back on topic, I heard that Sun’s Uncle really likes Suhoon, so I’m sure that he can convince her dad to allow the relationship. We have nothing to worry about. Just like I’ve been saying from the very beginning, they’re soul mates.”

“There she goes again.” They both said at the same time.

 

**Suhoon’s Point of View**

“Don’t feel burdened, okay?” She said tightening her grip on my hand. “My mom is already on our side.”

“I’ll try not to…,” I said giving her a warm smile. “And, Already? How could she be, she hasn’t even met me yet…”

“She might have stalked you on face book or something…haha joking… at least I hope I’m joking. She just trusts my taste in men.” She said confidently. “They want us all to go out and eat dinner together, so tell the others too. They want to meet all the friends I’ve made here. I’m sure they will be reassured once they meet everyone. You guys have treated me quite well…except for Hyunmin.” She said giggling. She always made the cutest faces when she was laughing.

“We can just leave Hyunmin behind, right?” I joked. Though, maybe that was a good idea? I trusted him not to mess things up though. He knew how much Sun meant to me.

“Nahh, he can come along. He is the first person I met, after all. What a horrible meeting that was.” She said laughing again.

“Your laugh is cute.” I said watching her reaction. Her cheeks started to turn red.

“Huh? My laugh? Are you just saying that to make me feel better?” She said feeling embarrassed.

“Haha, no, it really is cute! You don’t need to act cute, you’re cute naturally.” I said kissing her cheek and putting both of my hands on hr face.

“Stop it! I feel weird when you compliment me.” She said blushing more.

“I guess you’ll be feeling weird a lot then…” I said patting her head. “I can’t hold back all the time.” I said pulling her into a hug.

“Don’t feel like you’re expected to be something when you see my family, okay? You need to act like yourself. If you don’t, then I’m sure they won’t like you. You know my Mom and Dad can see through fakeness very quickly!” She said as I hugged her.

“Fakeness isn’t a word..” I said with a chuckle.

“It is in my dictionary.” She said giving me a cute stare.

It was getting really cold so we walked faster to our dorms.

 

**Suns Point of View**

“Wake up you lazy ! Your family will be here in an hour and you’re still in your bed!” Raina yelled at me. “Just get up! I already picked out your outfit since you seem to have no taste these days because of how much you’ve been stressed studying.”

“What time is it?” I mumbled.

“11:00AM you bozo!” She said throwing a pillow at me. “Don’t make me call Suhoon to wake you up! Do you want him to see how horrible you look in the morning with your hair in a tragic state.”

“I’m up, I’m up.” I said slowly getting out of my bed. “I thought it was Thursday? How did Friday get here so quickly?” I was so nervous but excited at the same time.

“Are we going out to dinner today?”

“Yeah I think so. I’m going to go to their hotel to see them beforehand though. You get everyone else there by around 7pm, okay?”

“Alright, I’ll go wake them all up then. They’re probably all sleeping since we’re all done midterms. Guess I’ll go throw water on all their faces.” Raina said with a big sigh.

“Injun is also a morning person, get him to help you. I mean something tells me Hyunmin is not easy to wake up.” I said while getting dressed.

“True, we can just leave Hyunmin behind if he doesn’t wake up.” She joked.

 

I stepped into the Hotel, nervous and excited about finally seeing them. Although it had only been a few months since I had seen them, for some reason I felt like a lot had changed within those months. I sat myself in the lounge, waiting for the second they walk into the hotel doors.

“SUN!” I heard a familiar voice yell. It was my mother. I immediately got up while she let go off all the luggage she was caring and pulled me into a warm hug.

“I really miss your hugs!” I said wrapping my arms around her. Her eyes were watery as she pulled me away to take a look at me.

“You got thinner! Have you been eating well? Is that boy making you go on a diet?” My mom bombarded me with questions. I wasn’t even surprised.

“Mom, don’t mention him yet.” I whispered to her. She was quick to understand why.

“DAD!” I said hugging him. “You look really tired. Did you get any sleep on the plane?”

“No, how could I when I was going to see my one and only princess.” He said smiling. Yes my dad referred to me as his “one princess”. This princess may have found herself a prince though and I was afraid to tell him. All I wished was that he kept his anger until the end of the dinner if he did end up finding out. I did not want Suhoon to see my dad like that, it would only embarrass both of us and make him feel sad.

“Olive! I missed you so much!” I said hugging her.

“You didn’t forget me, right?” She joked.

“How could I forget my best friend? I’m so excited to introduce you to everyone and to take you places!” I said playfully kissing her on the check and hugging her again.

“I can’t wait to eat dinner, I’m starving.” She said.

“Let’s first get settled and take a nap, we’ll go to the restaurant at 7pm? Is that good for you, Sun?”

“Yeah, that’s perfect.” The boys are probably still sleeping for all the all nighters they pulled studying for their mid terms.

It felt nice to speak in English again; it felt kind of strange though since the only time I speak in English is when I’m on the phone with Olivia. When I talk to my mom and dad I speak Korean and English in the same sentence. They find it extremely annoying but it’s a habit of mine.

 

“Raina, are you on your way?” I asked on the phone. I was sitting at the restaurant waiting for them to arrive. I wanted them to arrive before my parents and Olivia did.

“YA!, do you know how hard it was to round all of them up at the bus stop. These boys are all crazy. CRAZY. Like seriously Injun was acting all cute that I couldn’t even scream at all of them to hurry up.”

“You can’t give in to Injun’s cuteness. Just yell at them!”

“I feel like a granny taking care of 5 cats Actually 4 wild cats and then 1 calm cat which was Hyunchul, obviously.”

“Suhoon was acting crazy too?”

“Don’t get me started on Suhoon. He is so nervous, it’s not like he’s going to ask for your hand in marriage or something…or is he!?” Raina said laughing.

“That is not funny Raina! Don’t joke like that. You know how nervous we both are.”

“Yeah Raina, don’t joke like that!” I heard Suhoon say in the background. I also heard Hyunmin’s loud laughter.

“Anyways, we’re almost there, so I’ll see soon. Bye~. And don’t worry, Suhoon didn’t forget the ring.” Raina joked. She hung up before I was able to say something back.

 

Finally everyone was all seated at the table. We were now just anticipating the arrival of my parents and Olivia.

“Why do you two seem so…tense.” Raina asked referring to Suhoon and I.

“This feels so formal. It’s like the queen of England is about to walk through those doors or something.” Jihwan said after sipping his coke.

“I’m not nervous, do I look nervous? Cause I’m not nervous! I am okay, I am fine. Why are all of you acting nervous!?” Yeah maybe I was nervous.

“Wow, do you need some air, Sun?” Injun said. “It’s not you who should be nervous its..” Raina put her hand over Injuns mouth before he could say anything more.

“Shut up you idiot” She said.

“Rude.” Injun said pouting.

“I bet your friend is prettier than you. Is that why you’re nervous? Is it because you’re afraid that Suhoon will fall for her and then leave you behind!?” Hyunmin teased.

“You idiot.” I said laughing at him. I wish that was what I was nervous about.

 

“I..I think they’re hear.” I stuttered. “Bright smiles everyone!”

“Psh, you need to calm down,” Hyunmin said. “They’re your family”

There was only one reason why I was being so formal and acting so nervous; my father. My father needed to love them all as much as I did, especially Suhoon. The first step to this relationship is for us to be supported by everyone I love. If we can’t even pass that, then how will we be able to pass other hardships we’ll go through considering our situation.

“Mom, over here!” I called out.

“Sun, are these your friends, there’s so many of them” My mom said smiling.

They all bowed when they all had gotten to the table. It was such a cute sight, they were all showing there best sides to my parents, I was really thankful.

I introduced each of them when we all got seated. When it came to me introducing Suhoon I felt nervous again.

“…and that’s Suhoon, he’s in his 3rd year at the University.” I said.

 

“I knew her friend would be prettier than Sun.” Hyunmin said with a smile.

“Idiot.” I said taking my eyes off of the Menu. Olivia started laughing; I guess she could figure out what he was saying.

“Thank you.” Olivia said in English.

“You must be happy.” I said to her.

“How is it that all your friends are good looking? Is it a flower boy university or something?” She asked curiously.

“Haha no.. as you can see since Hyunmin goes to the school then it’s clearly not a flower boy school.” I said. I loved the fact that he couldn’t understand what I was saying. Hyunchul and I both started laughing.

“What is she saying” Hyunmin asked.

“Don’t worry about it.” Hyunchul said.

“Forget about them being good looking. Why are most of them all boys?” My father asked.

“Umm… good question.” I said nervously. “Well, it’s difficult to find good friends that are girls here. A lot of them are really intimidating. Especially since I’m a foreigner.” I said. That was a part of the reason I guess… But my father’s question made me wonder why I only had one friend that was a girl. It made me realize that Raina must have had a difficult time making friends since her friends were only Injun’s friends.

“Ohh, is it like that here? I’m sure it’s just you, you’re too shy sometimes” My father said.

“And kind of crazy too, you scare all the girls away.” Hyunmin said triggering laughter.

“Did Sun give you a hard time? It seems like it considering your relationship?” My mother asked Hyunmin.

“They just met in a funny way.” Injun said.

 

The Airplane story helped the awkwardness to die down, and everyone was pretty normal now. I wasn’t feeling nervous anymore, and Suhoon seemed to be relieved as well.

 

“Ahh I’m so hungry.” I said looking at all the food.

“You’re always hungry.” Suhoon said.

“Not always…just most of the time.”

“Is that your boyfriend?” My mom whispered to me.

“Shhhh, let’s talk about it..after the dinner.”

“Sun, you should really stop delaying it. You should introduce him properly to Olivia and your father.” My mom urged.

“..After the dinner, please mom? He’s cute though right?” I giggled.

“Aigoo, you must really like this boy.”

“Is that Sun’s necklace you’re wearing?” My dad said pointing at the necklace around Suhoon’s neck.

Oh. . Guess it won't wait until after dinner anymore.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello dear Subribers! Guess what!? I got accepted to the Univercity I wanted to go to! So releived now! Hehe. 

I needed to ask you all something about the fic though, are the chapters TOO long now? And tell me if its boring or if you want me to add something to make it better. I'm really open to any suggestion. I'm actually having trobule figuring out how to end it or what i should make the "main problem" be in the fic. I just don't want this fic to be longer than 40 chpaters because i don't want to annoy you all. The mainr easona s to why the chapters are so long is so that there aren't like 100 chapters. Tell me what you think =) Anything will help.