A Sudden Fight.

Unexpected

 

“I’m sure that’s the necklace I gave Sun. Why are you wearing it?” My dad asked sounding calm. That was a relief.

“Umm…That’s not the necklace you gave me. I’m wearing mine…” I said waiting for his reaction.

“Then am I seeing things? That looks exactly like the one we gave you.” My dad said squinting his eyes at the necklace. I could feel the atmosphere getting tense.

“Yeah, that does look like the one your mom gave to you on the day you left to the airport..” Olivia said looking confused.

“You’re not seeing things…” I said.

“Are you saying that it’s the 2nd one that matches with yours? That’s impossible though, how did you get a hold of it?” He said directing his question to Suhoon.

“Mr. Park insisted on letting me borrow it. I never knew Sun when he gave it to me. He let me borrow it since I found it and he kept losing it.”

“Sun’s Uncle gave it to you? That’s absurd; he would have certainly taken it back by now though…” My dad said.

“He said there’s no point to take it back.” I suddenly blurted out.

“No point!?” My dad said in a slightly angry and confused tone. “What does he mean “no point”. That necklace was suppose to be given to someone of your choice, like a-“ My dad stopped talking suddenly.

My mom sensed that he finally figured things out and immediately took action of the situation. “Honey, can I talk to you for a second.”

“Talk about what?” He said sounding impatient.

“Just for a second.” My mom said giving him the eye.

“We’ll be right back.” My mom said getting up and taking my dad with her.

 

**No one’s Point of view**

“Is that Sun’s boyfriend?” Suns dad said sounding angry.

“Shh quiet down so they don’t hear you. Yes that’s her boyfriend; it would be great if you didn’t make a scene about this.” Sun’s mom urged.

“WHAT!? Boyfriend!? I told her that I didn’t want anything like that without us here. How could she have a boyfriend when she’s only been here for a few months!? Is she crazy?!”

“Please, we can all talk about this together AFTER the dinner. Imagine how he feels, imagine how Sun feels. They must both be feeling really scared and nervous and it’s all because of you. Please just act normal so we don’t embarrass Sun and scare all of her friends away. Please!” She said holding his hands.

“Alright, but after the dinner, Sun is going to come with us. I need to talk to her.”

“Okay fine. Just wait after the dinner”

 

**Sun’s Point of View**

“I wonder why they left and what they’re talking about.” Hyunmin sarcastically said.

“He needed to find out one way or another…” I said still looking worried.

“I don’t understand why you didn’t tell him before.” Hyunmin said annoyed.

“It’s alright. It’s not like we’ve been dating for a while now,” Suhoon said trying to make me feel better. “Maybe I shouldn’t have worn this necklace…” He said looking down at it.

“No, I’m happy you did. Hyunmin is right; I should have told everyone before. I’m so stupid..” I said feeling sorry for all the trouble I have caused.

“Sun, what’s going on?” Olivia said looking confused. I felt bad since I was speaking in Korean with my parents and only spoke English when I was talking to her.

“Umm, well…Suhoon and I started dating and Dad just found out and I wanted to-”

“What!? You had a boyfriend and you never told me?! How could you Sun?” Olivia looked angrier than my father did.

“You’re going through a hard time with your parents’ divorce; I didn’t want to brag about it.” I defended.

“What’s going on? Are they fighting?” Injun nudged Hyunchul looking worried.

“Yeah…they are. What to we do?” Hyunchul said.

“Still Sun, You should have told me! We tell each other everything. Aren’t we best friends? Or did you replace me? I’m pretty sure your roommate already knew.” She said glaring at Raina. “You’re so caught up in this new life of yours that you’ve forgotten all about your life back home. Do you feel special now since you have so many friends? You were never able to make friends back home but now since you’ve made so many here you no longer care about your life before you came!” She yelled.

“Don’t put words in my mouth! Who said I forgot anything! You’ve been acting like I’m such a horrible person since the day I told you I couldn’t visit you. Why are you acting this way?! Shouldn’t you know how important our friendship is to me! How could you think I forgot or replaced you?!”

“What’s going on!” My mom exclaimed.

“Mrs. Sun…I want to go back to the hotel.” Olivia said.

“What!?” Now I was angry. “I get you’re mad at me but don’t ruin this dinner for everyone. I want my mom and dad to get to know my friends… I wanted you to as well but…”

“Ruin? Sun, you’ve really changed…” Olivia said sounding really upset.

“Look you can’t go to the hotel alone.” My mom said. “Take her back to the hotel.” My mom said to my dad.

“Alright.” My dad nodded in agreement.

“What, no. Why does dad have to leave?” This was so unfair and unnecessary.

“Sun, just leave it for now.” My mom said giving me a look.

“It was nice meeting you all. See you all later.” My dad said and they both left. For some reason the atmosphere turned less tense and more relaxing. I felt bad that I felt kind of relived. I guess it was because my mom already knew everything and everyone could speak comfortably with her around.

“Sun, what happened?” My mom asked.

“We got into a fight, clearly…” I said stabbing my fork into my food.

“Sorry, it’s my fault.” Suhoon said in an apologetic tone.

“Suhoon, don’t apologize. Nothing is your fault; you’ll make me angrier if you feel that way. It’s me and Olivia’s fault.”

“Well this vacation is off to a great start.” My mom said with a great sigh.

“Olivia hates me, doesn’t she?” Raina said looking sad.

“No, she doesn’t. She doesn’t hate people she doesn’t know. She’s just jealous..of everyone here” My mom said. “She’s jealous that you see Sun every day and know what’s going on in her life. Olivia is busy with her parents’ divorce that they both barely get to talk anymore.”

“Oh, that does make sense. Sun, just go apologize to her. She’s only going to be here for a little while…” Hyunchul said.

“You’re always telling me to apologize to people… I didn’t even do anything wrong and she started it.” I said crossing my arms.

“Hyunchul tells you to apologize to people? Qh that’s a surprise…” Hyunmin said.

“Why do you think I apologized to you guys a while back when we first met. It was Hyunchul told me to…”

“So if you see it the way I do, if it wasn’t for Hyunchul, then you and Suhoon would have never gone out!” Raina said looking satisfied with her connection.

“Oh dear, here she goes again.” I said laughing at her.

“She’s right I guess.” Suhoon said. “Does your husband not like me?” Suhoon asked my mom.

“If I like you, then he’ll like you.” My mom said confidently.

“You like him, right mom?” I said in a baby tone.

“oh gosh, don’t act cute. “ Everyone started laughing. “And I don’t know yet.” My mom answered.

“Well you’ll know soon enough.” I said confidently.

“Why does Sun’s father not want Sun to have a boyfriend?” Injun asked.

“Because she’s here alone and he doesn’t like the thought of her having a boyfriend in university. He’s very over protective of her since she’s our only daughter. But don’t misunderstand me; I am not easy to please either.” My mom said with a smile.

“Yeah right Mom, you’re always telling me to get a boyfriend and calling me a loser because I’ve never had one.” I said.

“You hear that Suhoon, she’s never had a boyfriend. You better take care of her well or I’ll come after you.” Raina said. My mother agreed.

“I do treat her well all the time. Half of the time she doesn’t let me though” He defended.

“Doesn’t let you?” My mother asked. “Ahhh, does Sun avoid you and act really shy and quiet around you at times?”

“All the time.” Suhoon responded

“Oh dear, Sun must really like you then...” My mom said sipping her drink.

“MOM! Why would you say that!” I whined. Suhoon along with everyone was just laughing at me.

“She really does like him a lot. She’s just too shy and afraid of showing it.” Jihwan let out.

“Jihwan! I’m going to kill you later.” I said sticking out my fork towards him.

“How do you know this?” Hyunmin asked.

“Sun tells me everything.” He sated with a smirk.

“I get the feeling she tells you more than she tells me. She always gets shy when I talk about how they’re both meant to be.” Raina said.

“Well, you just go too far sometimes.” Injun said laughing at Raina.

“Everything I’ve predicted has come true though.” Raina said pouting.

“Your friends seem to know a lot about you.” My mom said surprised. “Sun seems really happy too. I’m happy to know that you’ve been doing well, dear.” My mom said pinching my cheeks.

“Is she not happy back home?” Suhoon asked curiously.

“Huh…no. She’s happy there too.” My mom said and continued eating her food.

“Let’s eat before the food gets cold.” Suhoon said.

 

**Raina’s Point of View**

I had to go to the Hotel they were staying at. I needed to talk to Olivia and fix their fight. I looked through Sun’s phone and found the address and quickly typed it into my phone.

“She’ll understand once I talk to her calmly.” I said motivating myself. I was really scared. Olivia scared me a little bit and I was going to have to speak in English with her…My English isn’t wasn’t that amazing. I did get the second highest mark in English, next to that damn Hyunchul. Why was he so good at languages? It scared me a little.

 

I was standing outside the Hotel. The weather was really nice since it was the end of April. I dialed Mrs. Sun’s number, hoping she was awake and that she would pick up.

“Hello?” She answered!

“Omeni, It’s me, Raina. Is Olivia staying in your sweet?”

“Olivia? No, she’s in the room across from us… Why?” She asked curiously.

“Ummm… I want to talk to her.” I said.

“You want to talk to her? Do you even know English?”

“Yes…somewhat..” I said.

“Alright, I’ll tell her to go down to the Hotel Café.” She said.

“Don’t tell her it’s me.” I said before she hung up.

“Alright, good luck.” I guess she knew why I wanted to talk to her.

 

I sat there waiting for about 10 minutes until I saw her walk into the café. Right when she saw my face her steps froze for a second. She continued walking shortly after with a shy but bitter look on her face.”

“Anyeonghasaeyo” She said.

“You can speak in English, I can understand.” I said. She seemed relieved.

“Ahh, okay. What do you want?” She said.

“Well… I wanted to clear up the misunderstanding from yesterday.” I said. I really didn’t want to get into a fight with her.

“Why are you here to clear it up? Shouldn’t Sun be the one here to apologize?” She said looking a little mad.

“Umm…I’m not here to apologize for her. I think you both need to apologize.”

“What!? Wow..Who are you to say these things to me?”

“I think you’re misunderstanding things. I wanted to let you know that Sun cares about you a lot. If she isn’t talking about Suhoon, she’s talking about you. She always misses you and she even cries at night sometimes looking at pictures of the both of you together. She feels bad that she couldn’t be there for you when you needed her.”

“What…? But still, she didn’t tell me she got a boyfriend. It’s her first boyfriend too. How could she not tell me anything about it? What kind of best friend does that? We’ve known each other since we were born.”

“About Suhoon…They’ve only been dating for a month. And you know Sun; she doubts their relationship and sometimes is unsure if she should be with him. Since she was so unsure she didn’t want to tell you until she was confident with him. She’s always afraid that she’ll lose him because of her situation of living in Toronto.”

“I guess that makes sense. I still think I should be hearing this form her though.” She said with a regretful expression on her face.

“She was just really scared and sad yesterday. I’m sure when you both calm down that you’ll both be able to sort things out together. How about later today us three hang out together?”

“That would be nice…”

“Great!” I said with a smile on my face.

 

 

**Olivia’s Point of View**

I was walking back to my hotel room with a smile on my face. I was happy that Raina came all the way to talk to me. Even though I would have liked Sun to have said those things to me, I’m happy that Raina and I got closer.

When I was about to open the door to my room, Mrs. Sun came out looking worried and angry.

“What’s wrong?” I said out of concern.

“This is really bad…I don’t know what I’m going to do.” She said shaking her head.

“What is it?” I said worried.

“Sun and Suhoon. I’m not confident I can get her father’s approval anymore..”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Been a while, right? I've been writting this chapter when i could find the free time and i'm finally done and satisfied with it. I also didn;t know where this story was going but i finally figured it out. Anticipate it! Oh and if the chapters are TOO LONG tell me. I feel sorry for my readers because they are all over 2,000 words hehe.