Feelings

Unexpected

 

“No Sun, I like you. I really like you.” Suhoon repeated to me. What was he saying? I was so angry I couldn’t think straight. A million things were going through my mind, and then he shot that at me. I was so confused and didn’t know what to say.

“W..w..what?” I said. Then I thought, this must be a joke. “Look Suhoon I don’t have time for these games, do you think this is funny?”

“What? Sun I’m not j-“

“I really don’t have time for this right now. What you and Hyunmin did back there was really rude. Leave Hyunchul out of this, okay?” I said and ran back inside.

I went back inside the building and saw Hyunchul sitting on a bench. His eyes towards the ground and him fidgeting with his sleeve. He finally looked at me when I sat beside him.

“Sorry about that.” I said with a sigh.

“It’s alright…” He sad sincerely.

“No it’s really not alright. I’ve been troubling you since the moment we met. Losing my wallet, taking me home, worrying you, I’m sorry for everything.” I said looking down.

“Sun..” He said putting his hand on my shoulder. I was looking up at him now. “Please don’t feel apologetic for these things. You’re always saying sorry, you don’t need too. Stop thinking everything is your fault.”

“Thanks, it means a lot, Hyunchul.” I felt touched hearing his words of comfort, and didn’t know what to say back to someone who was always so kind to me.

 

After me and Hyunchul ate I left because I had to return a book to the University library.  While returning the book I saw Raina and Jihwan sitting together studying. I decided to go and see how Raina was doing since I hadn’t seen her since the morning.

“Hey, Raina, Hi Jihwan.” I said as I sat down.

“Sun! Jihwan just told me what happened between you Suhoon, Hyunmin, and Hyunchul. What’s wrong with you? Why did you go through all of that just for me? You didn’t have to get into a fight with them. Ugh Sun you really are something.” Raina said.

“Hehe sorry, she wanted to know what was going on.” Jihwan said.

“It’s alright,” I said to Jihwan. “Raina it’s not your fault that me and Suhoon got into a fight, so don’t worry. And well as for Hyunmin, we’re always fighting so it doesn’t make a difference.” I said.

“But…Still….You and Suhoon. I don’t like you two being in a fight. You two are soul mates, hehe” Raina said.

“Soul…mates?” Jihwan questioned.

“oh gosh, don’t mind her Jihwan, she’s just in her own world.” I said shaking my head.

“Ch , there she goes denying things.” Raina mumbled to herself.

“Umm.. Jihwan can I talk to you outside for a second...” I asked.

“Yeah sure...” Jihwan responded.

 “Huh, why can’t you talk in front of me?” Raina said looking angry.

“I’ll tell you in our dorm, you just study.” I said opening her books for her.

 

“You and Suhoon are really close right?” I asked.

“Yeah, why?” Jihwan questioned.

“Well, can I ask you something…But don’t tell anyone that I asked you, please?”

“What is it? Even though Suhoon and I are close, I’ll try my best not to tell him, for you.” Jihwan said smiling.

“Well, when we got into a fight, he said something and well I’m confused.” I said.

“What did he say?” Jihwan said.

“Well he said he “really liked me” and I just want to make sure. He’s joking right? Hyunmin probably put him up for that. Why would Suhoon say something like that? Especially in that situation.”

“Sun..” Jihwan said.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“Does Suhoon seem like the person to joke around about stuff like that?”

“Well no, but-“

“Sun… I mean I probably shouldn’t be saying this and although he hasn’t directly told me anything, I think he actually likes you, more than a friend.”

“W-what?  Did Hyunmin put you up to this?” I said.

“No Sun. I mean isn’t it obvious. I’ve seen the way he looks at you, and hear the way he speaks to you. I’ve never seen him act towards a girl this way. Don’t you like him too? Or do you like someone else.. Like Hyunchul?” Jihwan said.

“Huh? Hyunchul? We’re just friends. And as for Suhoon…well….,”

“Well..” Jihwan said smirking.

“Ugh okay, I might like him…more than friends.” I said looking embarrassed and scratching the back of my head.

“Oh my gosh, I knew it” Jihwan said with a smirk.

“I can’t believe I’m telling you this…”

“You what Sun..? You LIKE him. Haha I knew it.” Jihwan said teasing me and rubbing my head.

“I swear if you tell anyone Jihwan I will… I don’t know what I will do, but I’ll do something that will make you regret it!” I said determined to convince Jihwan not to tell anyone.

“I won’t, don’t worry. I’m not like that.” Jihwan said. “So tell me then, it must have felt great to hear Suhoon say the words “I like you” to you, right? You were really happy weren’t you?” Jihwan said teasing me again.

“Aghhh yes it was amazing okay! I can’t believe you’re teasing me, I’m in a rough situation right now.” I said.

“Why so? You like him, he likes you. Ahh so this is what Raina meant by ‘soul mate’.”

“Because I don’t know for sure if he likes me. And even if he does, I’m too afraid.” I confessed.

“Afraid of what?” Jihwan asked.

“Afraid of starting something. I don’t want to start a relationship, I’ve never had a boyfriend before and I really don’t want it to complicate things.” I said.

“You’re afraid of heartbreak and afraid of things ending, aren’t you? You’re afraid of falling in love with him” Jihwan said.

“Yes,” I confessed again. “I just don’t know right now. I think I need to take a good nap and clear my head. Today was a little too much. Thanks for being honest with me and helping me.” I said.

“No problem. And about Injun, I’ve told Raina this and I’ll tell you this too, time will solve everything, so don’t worry about it. Remind Raina that.” Jihwan said.

“Thanks Jihwan, I’ll see you later then.” I said and then we both parted.

**No Ones Point of View**

While Hyunchul was walking he heard his name being called.

“Like Hyunchul?” Seeing that it was Sun and Jihwan talking he kept his distance just enough for him to hear the conversation and stood where he couldn’t be seen.

“Huh? Hyunchul? We’re just friends. And as for Suhoon…well….,”

“Well..”

“Ugh okay, I might like him…more than friends.”

He overheard. At the point where he heard Sun say she liked Suhoon he immediately walked away in frustration and anger.

“Have I already lost…?” He said to himself.

 

Suddenly he felt someone grab him by his wrist.

“Can we talk for a second?” Suhoon asked.