Finding A Soution

Unexpected

 

**Olivia’s point of view**

I turned my head towards Sun hoping she didn’t hear what I just said. “Ummmm….” I said panicking.

“What do you mean my Dad has already found a guy for me.” She said looking a mixture of angry and worried.

“Ummm…why don’t you just sit down first?” I said. As she went to sit down I decided that I should just tell her. I mean she needed to know in order to end this whole typical “arranged marriage” nonsense as quickly as possible.

“Look, things may not be as easy as you thought for you and Suhoon.” I said looking at her. “Your Dad apparently already has a guy in mind for you since who knows when. Me and your Mom just found out today, so don’t think we have been hiding it from you for long...”

“But weren’t you two planning to hide it anyways? Are you sure you heard it right? My Dad isn’t the type to arrange a marriage for me. I’m barely 20. He would never do that without even telling me or my mom..” She said angry and confused.

“That’s what I thought. You should have seen your Mom’s face. She was so shocked, she couldn’t believe it herself. We have to figure out a way to end this random arranged marriage.”

“It really makes no sense though… I need to find out why he would arrange a marriage for me in the first place. Do you know who the guy is?” She said with a face not ready to hear the answer.

“Umm well….” I said trying to stall.

“WELL? Who is it?!” She said getting impatient.

“Jongwook..” I said under my breath.

“Jong..what?” She said not hearing me.

“JONGWOOK!” Raina blurted out. “I am sorry but we are wasting time here.” She said.

 “JONGWOOK!? Not my neighbor Jongwook, right? Olivia tell me it’s not my neighbor.”

“Its Kim Jongwook, your neighbor….” She put her hands on her face is frustration.

“My dad always goes to their house. My Dad is like best friends with his father.”

“Is he cute?” Raina said out of curiosity. Sun shot her a look.

“He’s cute, smart, well mannered…perfect” I said. Raina’s face lit up, Sun just sighed. “But he’s not perfect for Sun. They just don’t match.” I explained.

“He’s too perfect, not wonder why my dad likes him.” Sun said.

“Your Dad won’t make you marry him if you don’t love him, though so don’t worry.” I said trying to comfort her.

“Who knows what he’ll do, one thing’s for sure though: He’s not going to accept Suhoon anytime soon. I feel worse for Suhoon. Not only is my Dad not going to accept him, he’s already got someone else for me. I don’t even want to think about telling him. Ahhh, I’m going crazy right now. Why did this happen to me. This kind of stuff should stay in dramas.” She said with her head on the table. “I don’t deserve Suhoon”

“Don’t say that you idiot. Stop overreacting. Love isn’t about being with someone who deserved you or matches up to you it’s about being with the person who makes you happy and you both clearly make each other happy.” Raina said. “Now get up your sorry and let’s go tell Suhoon what’s going on.” Raina said getting up.

“WHAT!?” Sun and I both screamed.

“It’s too soon for that!” Sun said holding on to her chair.

“Oh come on! Fine, let’s at least tell Jihwan or Injun, we need to tell someone who is close to him…besides Hyunmin. You know that boy as a big mouth.”

“Fine, fine! Let’s tell Jihwan because if we go tell Injun you two are going to go frolick off to lovers land.”

“Rude! No we won’t!” Raina said with puppy dog eyes.

“Haha, I’m not buying into that. Let’s go tell Jihwan”

“Alright I’ll go back to the Hotel and see what’s up with Mrs. Sun and then we’ll meet back up tonight at 10?” I suggested.

“That sounds good, see you in a bit.” Raina said waving.

“Bye” I said waving back.

 

**Sun’s point of view**

“Jihwan, meet us at the Uni cafe. It’s important” I texted while on the Bus back to the University.

“What if Jihwan ends up telling Suhoon?” I said worried. “I mean they’re close, and wouldn’t he feel like he has to tell him. I feel kind of bad keeping it a secret in the first place, having Jihwan know just makes it worse.”

“That’s why I told you; we should just tell Suhoon!” Raina said.

“Easy for you to say. I really don’t want to make him more nervous or worried for the next time he has to meet my Dad.” I reasoned.

“Excuses, excuses, that’s what you’re full of!” Raina said shaking her.

We finally arrived and got off of the bus. I grabbed Raina’s hand and pulled her to the Café so we could get there as quickly as possible.

“Whoa whoa, why in such a rush?” Raina yelled.

“Because you keep texting Injun. At this rate we’ll keep Jihwan waiting for a week.” I said as I continued walking.

“I don’t even understand why Suhoon likes you. You don’t even text him or talk to him on the phone..are you two even dating?”

“Texting is stupid, I‘d rather talk to him face to face. What do you even text Injun. “I love you” with a hundred hearts around it?” I said laughing.

“So! What if I do! And hah, face to face? You can’t even look into Suhoon’s eyes for more than 1 second. Sheesh you’re so not cute at all!” Raina said sticking her tongue out at me.

“I am cute!” I yelled. “And how can any human being look into his beautiful eyes for more than a second!”

As we were walking I felt someone grasp my shoulder and we came to a halt.

“Suhoon…” Raina said slowly.

“Suhoon, don’t you have class?” I said forcing a smile on my face.

“I just finished, where are you two going? You look like you’re in a rush.” He said looking concerned. I think he saw right through my smile too because he was giving me a suspicious look.

“Ohh umm, Jihwan is waiting for us at the Café, he has something important to tell us so..…” Raina lied for me.

“Important? Why would he tell you two before me…hmm something I already know probably? I guess I’ll come with you guys then.” He said as he held my hand.

“Umm..sure!” I said forcing another smile. “We’re screwed!” I mouthed to Raina.

“I’ll take care of it” Raina mouthed back as she let go of my hand.

“Did you eat yet?” Suhoon asked me. I was in deep thought so I forgot to respond to his question.

“Sun…?” He said.

“Huh?” I said snapping out of it.

“Did you eat?” He repeated. He looked even more worried now.

“Umm, yeah I ate with Olivia and Raina.” I said looking down.

“You two made up? That’s good.” He said looking relieved.

“Yeah, we made up.” I said with a sigh of relief.

“Are you okay though? You look kind of pale” He said pressing onto my hand and giving me a serious look.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just didn’t get enough sleep I guess…” I quickly made up at the top of my head. I was relieved when we finally got to the café.

“Jihwan! Sorry, were you waiting for long?” Raina asked as we all sat down.

“No, I just arrived actually.”

“I heard you had something important to say..?” Right when Suhoon said that I started to panic.

“What…?” Jihwan said looking confused. “I thought you-“
“Yeah Jihwan, What did you want to tell us?” Raina interrupted giving Jihwan a look.

“Umm…oh right, you both are good at English so ummm… I want you guys to help me be friends with this girl I like. Her English is better than her Korean and I wanted to start learning English…Her name is Bekka” What the heck? Why was he going along with it? Did he actually have something to say or was he lying? By the satisfied look Raina had on her face is assumed she texted him while we were walking or something.

“You like someone? Why didn’t you tell me?” Suhoon asked looking excited.

“Because you don’t have time for these things right now and your English so…” Jihwan said laughing.

“I agree.” I said laughing with him.

“Hey! It’s not that bad.” He said acting angry.

“I should ask Hyunchul for help” Jihwan teased.

“Now you’re just trying to make me mad” Suhoon said punching Jihwan’s shoulder.

This was a relief but when was I going to tell Jihwan about what happened? I wanted to tell him today so I could feel a bit at ease.

“Oh Suhoon, Hyunmin said he needed to talk to you..right now. You should go see what he wants.” Jihwan said.

“Hyunmin? He would have called me or texted me if he needed me though…” He said.

“He lost his phone! That’s why he needs you. He’s freaking out, you know Hyunmin..” Raina said. I tried not to laugh at her lie. He lost his phone hahaha that girl sure is funny.

 

“Umm alright, can we talk later?” Suhoon asked me.

“Yeah, sure” I agreed.

“I’ll call you later today, bye.” He said. As he leaned down and kissed me check I felt a rush of guilt within me. He’s so good to me but here I was lying to him. Maybe I didn’t deserve him after all.

 

“Okay he’s gone, what do you two lunatics need to tell me that Suhoon can’t know?” He said laughing at us.

“It’s bad..” I simply said with a big sigh.

“How bad?” He asked looking worried now.

“Really bad..” Raina replied.

“Did Olivia go back to Toronto?” He guessed.

“No.. we made up.” I said.

“Then what is it?” He asked.

“Okay I’ll just say it. My Dad already has a guy in mind for me back in Toronto. He really likes their family and I’m guessing he grew really fond of his son. They’re my neighbors in Toronto and… well, I’m pretty much screwed. Actually, Suhoon and I are screwed and I don’t know what to do.”

“Oh this is really bad. I really wasn’t expecting this…” He said. He looked in deep though for a few seconds as he sipped some of his coffee. “Well, first of all you two aren’t screwed, there’s no telling what the future holds, right? And second of all, tell Suhoon..like right now. If you don’t then there’s really nothing you can do but just sit back and wait. That’s a route you shouldn’t choose. The two of you need to fight this out till the end; it won’t work with just one of you.”

“That’s what I told her to do, but you know Sun. She loves making this more complicated than they actually are.” Raina said.

“Tell Suhoon? It’s just going to burden him more. He’s going to be even more nervous around my Dad and it will just trouble him…”

“Fine, then break up.” Jihwan said taking another sip from his coffee as if his words didn’t mean much.

“No!” I yelled. Suddenly everyone in the café was staring at me and giving me dirty looks.

“Whoa, I wasn’t expecting that” Jihwan said laughing. “And why can’t you break up with him and just make life easier for yourself?” Jihwan asked.

“Because I don’t want to break up with him!!” I said.

“Why not? The guy your Dad has in mind seems nice and better suited for you” He said anticipating my answer.

“Because I love him and he’s the only guy I’ve ever felt this way with! There’s no I could have the same feelings towards Jongwook as I do for Suhoon!” I said with a confident tone. I had never said it out loud like that. I was kind of shocked by my actions. Then I suddenly realized Jihwan’s sneaky ways. “You idiot, getting me angry just to say that. Now everyone thinks I’m a crazy person.”

“Well you kind of are when you’re angry.” Raina said laughing at me.

“You two both planned all of this to get me to tell Suhoon, didn’t you. I’m leaving.” I said getting up.

“Where are you going?” Raina asked holding onto my sleeve

“To tell Suhoon. Ugh, be prepared for the next few days..or weeks…or maybe months. I don’t even know but be prepared because we’ll need all the help we can get and I am not getting an arranged marriage, especially at my age.”

“Whoo! Fighting Sun!” Raina and Jihwan said smiling and laughing at me.

I didn’t know what was in store for me when I walked out of the café doors but I just knew that I had to do all I could in order to get my Dad to accept Suhoon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~ I haven't updated in a while and its because of School and life has been pretty busy the past week. I don't know when the next update will be but it will proably be after the 20th(have a semniar that day). Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter.

Shoutout to Bekka my friend hehe, Jihwan is also her bias so it works out well =) ♥

Oh and let's all anticipate DGNA's korean comback!~ ♥♥♥