An Unfamiliar Feeling.

Unexpected

 

I brought my hand to the knob of my dorm door.

“Injun wouldn’t still be in there right?.... What if he is? Ugh this is so annoying, how could that boy sleep with my Raina! She’s mine!”

While I was contemplating whether I should go in or not I heard someone call out my name.

“Sun? What are you doing?” Hyunchul said with a curious look on his face.

“Hey Hyunchyul,” I said smiling and feeling relieved. “Well… Don’t tell anyone but last night when I came back from Itaewon I found Injun and Raina in there…sleeping…on each other’s shoulders.”

“Haha, that must have been awkward.” Hyunchul said with a grin.

“Yes, Exactly! So I couldn’t sleep in there last night, and-”

“Wait, then where did you sleep?” Hyunchul interrupted.

“Oh umm, well… It was either this dirty hallway or…Suhoon’s room.” It sounded even worse saying that out loud. At that moment I couldn’t believe that I actually agreed to stay there. What was wrong with me?!

“And you chose Suhoon’s dorm?” Hyunchul asked. “Isn’t Hyunmin living there too though?”

“Yeah, but Hyunmin was on an overnight trip.” I said looking down, too embarrassed to look at him.

 “Wouldn’t it have been easier to just kick Injun out?” He asked.

“Yeah well.. Raina has liked him for a long time so I didn’t want to ruin it for her...” I said.

“Ahh I see..,” Hyunchul said with a strange look on his face. “Have you eaten breakfast yet?” He asked.

“No…,” I said. “I just woke up.”

“Let’s go eat then.” Hyunchul insisted.

While we were in the elevator the atmosphere was kind of...Tense? And also a little awkward. Hyunchul was one of the few people I usually didn’t feel awkward with, why was it like this now?

The elevator doors opened without me noticing. I was deep in thought, trying to figure out what happened last night.

“Let’s go Sun” Hyunchul said. “Sun…?” he repeated.

Then I felt a pull of my wrist. When pulling me out of the Elevator we suddenly came to a stop.

 There Suhoon and Hyunmin were standing, Suhoon staring down at my wrist. I quickly took Hyunchul hand off of me so that they wouldn’t misunderstand.

“Just the person I wanted to see,” Hyunmin said with a smirk. “Can I borrow her for a second?” Hyunmin said. I don’t even know why he even bothered to ask since he just pulled me into a corner without a response from Hyunchul.

“What happened with you and Suhoon Yesterday, eh?”Hyunmin said with a smirk.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Hyunmin.” I said looking down.

“You really don’t know what happened yesterday?” Hyunmin said with a laugh.

“Why are you laughing? No I don’t know, I just woke up this morning…in Suhoon’s bed.”

“Yeah, you must have been confused…” Hyunmin said crossing his arms and leaning towards me. “Do you enjoy using Suhoon’s arm as a Teddy Bear?” He whispered in my ear.

“What!?” I said pushing him away from me. “I did not!” I exclaimed.

“Yes you did, do you need me to show you proof?” Hyunmin said.

“Yes, I want to see your so called ‘proof’” I said. Though I wish I didn’t ask.

He suddenly took out his phone, full of confidence with what he was about to show me. There it was, a picture of me and Suhoon, sleeping side by side, on the floor, me hugging his arm…like a ‘Teddy Bear’.

I put my left hand on my mouth, shocked at what I was seeing. “We weren’t actually sleeping that close to each other right? It’s just the camera angel right?” I said staring at the phone in my hand.

“What’s going on here?” Hyunchul said behind me. I saw his eyes meet the phone in my hand and I quickly gave it back to Hyunmin.

“I think I’ll leave you guys alone then, bye sun.” Hyunchul said with an annoyed tone.

“Hyunchul, wait!” I said, about to run towards him until Hyunmin grabbed my arm.

“You’re not going anywhere.” He said grinning at me.

“What do you want from me Hyunmin? Are you enjoying this? It’s not like I did anything wrong. Why do you care so much anyways?”

“I can’t tell you why, but I just needed to see your reaction to this,” He said. “Seeing this makes you happy though right?”

“What..?” I said confused.

“You’re really slow aren’t you?” Hyunmin said.

I just stood there, looking at him with a clueless expression on my face.

“Hyunmin, stop bothering her.” Suhoon said coming between the two of us.

“No problem, I was leaving anyways. Bye bye sun.” Hyunmin waved as he left.

“He showed you the picture, didn’t he?” Suhoon said looking at me.

“Yes..” I said looking down. I couldn’t make eye contact with him, I was too embarrassed.

“And you said you wouldn’t fall asleep.” Suhoon said while smiling at me.

“Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I hope your arm is okay.” I said finally looking up at him.

“It’s okay, I slept just fine...” Suhoon said staring at me.

What does he mean just fine? Wasn’t he at all bothered by it?...Was I even bothered by it? Suddenly I remembered Hyunmin’s question.  “Seeing this makes you happy though right?” It did. Strangely, it did.

Suhoon just kept looking at me; I tried looking away but his eyes, they’re just too difficult to look away from. His strong gaze made my heart beat quickly and gave me butterflies in my stomach. What’s going on?

“Hey look! It’s Injun!” Suhoon said.

“What where!? Is Raina with him?” I said.

“Yes, haha wow, look at them.” Suhoon said with a smirk.

“Wait… are they… are they holding hands!” I said with my eyes wide open. “ I need to talk to Raina.”

“Hold it right there,” Suhoon said while holding onto my wrist. My wrist was going to break in half at this point, what was up with these boys, haven’t they ever heard of personal space?

“Just let them be.” Suhoon said with a smile.

“B..but I miss Raina! I wanted to eat breakfast with her and ask her 100 questions.” I said pouting my lips.

“You can have breakfast with me, then.” Suhoon said. “I know you’re not sick of me right?” He said with a smirk.

“Feels more like a statement than a question.”

“Pretty much, let’s go Sunny.” He said grabbing my arm.

 Sunny, did he really just make up a nickname for me, a nick name besides crazy woman. What was going on? Did Suhoon like me? More importantly, did I like him?