Starting.

Unexpected

 

I was so caught up in the moment I was in, that the few passing seconds felt like minutes. Then finally, I got back to my senses and immediately let go of Suhoon hands. What was I doing? I showed my feelings too much and I had a loss of words so I decided to do what I’ve been doing frequently recently, running away.

“Sun!” Suhoon said pulling me back. “It’s too late; you can’t run away from me anymore.”

“huh?” I said looking down, panicking not knowing what to say. “Ahh, I’m going crazy right now.” I said crouching down on the floor putting my hands on my face. “Sun what are you doing?” I said to myself.

“You look really funny right now.” Suhoon said laughing.

“You think this is funny, eh?” I said standing up. “Suhoon…forget everything that happened today and yesterday, okay? Let’s just go back to the way it was before. It’s best for everyone’s sake.”

“Everyone but us,” Suhoon said. “Can you really just forget and continue like everything is normal? Because I can’t. Stop worrying about other people’s feelings and think about your own for once. I know the main reason you don’t want to start anything is because of Hyunchul.” He said.

“Suhoon, I’m not the type of person who is willing to sacrifice a friend for a relationship. Friends come first to me and that’s why-“

“Sun, Hyunchul may be just a friend to you, but to him you aren’t. Don’t you at least know that much?” He interrupted.

“I know….,” I said looking down “but I need to make it the way it was before.” I said feeling sad.

“The only way Hyunchul can stop liking you more than friends is if he lets go. And the only way that can happen is if he sees that you already like someone else.” Suhoon said. Although I didn’t want to admit it to him, he was actually making more sense than I was.

“That’s too painful though. Imagine how he would feel? He would-“

“Sun imagine how he would feel if he knew you were throwing away your feelings just for him. Don’t you think he would feel burdened? Is that what he really wants? Does he want you to be unhappy? If so then is he really a friend,” He said interrupting again. “I can see Hyunchul is a good person so that’s obviously not the case, so just stop trying to satisfy everyone all at once. First, you be happy and then you can focus on making other people happy.”He continued.

“Alright! I get it okay! You can stop now. Why don’t you think about how difficult this is for me? It’s not easy okay.” I said looking down in frustration.

Suddenly I felt Suhoon’s arms wrap around me. “Everything is going to be alright, okay?”

“Easy for you to say.” I said. “Now let go of me, Hyunchul is probably still waiting for me.”

“No, I’m just going to stay like this.” Suhoon said while laughing.

“Suhoon, let go!” I said crying out. “Why are you acting like this? Can’t you go back to your scary self? It’s more comfortable that way. I’ve never seen you so happy. I’m still not use to the way you’re acting.”

“What?!” Suhoon said letting go.

“Ugh, finally” I said.

“So I’m a scary person?” He said letting out a laugh.

“Yeah sometimes you really scare me.” I said with a smile.

“Well you scare me too.” He said.

“Then we’re even then,” I said. “Okay I’m going back in the cafeteria to finish my lunch, don’t misunderstand me anymore.”

“Whatever, but if I see him hold your hand again I’m coming back in there.”

“You just worry about yourself.” I said walking back to the cafeteria.

“Hey, Sun!” Suhoon called out.

“What?!” I said turning around from afar.

“Maybe Raina was right.” He said.

“Right about what?” I questioned.

“These.” He said pulling out the necklace around his neck. “Bye.” He said walking away with a smirk on his face.

“Our necklaces?” I said to myself. “ I almost forget about this coincidence.” I said looking down at the necklace around my neck.

 

“HE WHAT!?” Raina yelled. At this point everyone in the coffee shop was giving us dirty looks.

“Indoor voice, Raina” Jihwan said.

“I knew it, didn’t I tell you from the start you two were soul mates.”

“There she goes again.” Jihwan and I said at the same time.

“Raina, I am a 19 year old university student okay, this whole soul mate thing is a little too early, don’t you think?” I said while laughing.

“I can’t believe he kissed you, and that you allowed him to. Well that’s obvious though since you like him too.” Jihwan said.

“Wait, Jihwan knows you like him?” Raina asked.

“Jihwan knows everything.” I replied.

“You told him?! I don’t feel as special anymore.”

“I wanted to tell one of Suhoon’s friends and the only person I trust is you.”  I Said to Jihwan.

“What about Hyunmin?” Jihwan joked.

“Haha, yea right,” I said laughing hysterically. “Either way though, Hyunmin knows everything too.” I said sadly.

“He does?” Raina said. “You know what I’m not even surprised, you both made it look so obvious,” Raina said. “Anyone who sees the way you two look at each other can figure it out.”

“What are you going to do though.. about Hyunchul?” Jihwan said. “I mean it’s also obvious he likes you too.” He added.

“You know…I don’t even want to tell him. I mean there’s nothing to say. It’s not like I’m Suhoons girlfriend.”

“Yet” Raina added smiling. “Sun, girlfriend or not you both like each other, end of story. You can’t avoid Suhoon anymore, okay?”

“Wait what? Did he tell you to say that? How did you even know I was av-“

“Just don’t” Raina said smiling.

“Sun, you can’t avoid Hyunchul either though. You should let him know soon. Just let him know that you like Suhoon, and then the rest is up to him from there” Jihwan said seriously.

“I’ll…try.” I said.

 

In the past few days I’ve been loaded with Travel homework. Since Suhoon and Hyunchul are both taking that coarse I also haven’t seen much of them. Though I ate lunch with Raina, Suhoon and his friends the other day, which was incredibly awkward.

**Flash back**

“Why are you eating so fast, Sun?” Raina asked even though she already knew the answer.

“Uhh…I have a class soon.” I replied.

“No you d-“

“Shut up Raina!” I whispered to her giving her a look. She just giggled at me.

“Are you uncomfortable, Sun?” Hyunmin said with a smile. “Would you rather sit beside your boyfriend?”

Hearing that I nearly choked on my water. Jihwan, Hyunmin and Raina were both laughing while Suhoon just smiled at me. I didn’t know what to say back so I just stuck in my headphones and kept eating, ignoring everyone.

You can see why I wanted to get out of there so badly. Why did everyone think we were official when we haven’t even had a legit conversation ever since that day he kissed me?

**End of flashback**

Now it was Friday and I was finally finished all my major work. While I was on my way to Travel class I bumped into Suhoon.

“Let’s skip class.” He said to me out of nowhere.

“Huh!? Skip class? Why? You can skip if you want, but I’m going.” I said.

“Ugh you’re no fun. Common let’s go! You have your jacket with you right?” He said holding my hand and pulling me outside.

“Ya! What are you doing? I said I don’t want to skip!” I yelled.

“I want to take you somewhere.” He said.

“Where?” I asked.

“That’s not important.” He replied.

“What!? Not important. Why would I go with you somewhere when I don’t even know where you’re taking me? What are you a kidnapper?”

“Yes, I’m kidnapping you for the day. Now get on the bus!” He said taking me on the bus, not letting go of my hand.

“If I find out we did anything important in Travel class, I’m going to kill you, okay?” I said.

“Yea yeah, deal.” He said smiling.

“Ch, why are you smiling? Nothing is funny.”I said.

“You’re funny.” He said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because, you’re pretending that you don’t want to skip class with me.” He said with a smirk. “When I know you do.”

“Eh? I am not pretending. Why would I want to skip class with you?” I said.

“Because you like me,” He said smiling. “Why wouldn’t you want to skip with me?”

I didn’t know what to say back, since now I couldn’t deny it. “Let go of my hand.” I said finally.

“Alright.” He said doing so. “You’ve been acting really shy and quiet around me lately.” He said.

“Isn’t this the same Bus that took us to Itaewon?” I said changing the topic.

“I don’t know~” He said.

 

“I was right, we’re in Itaewon,” I said as we got out of the bus. “Why would you take e here? I’ve already been here.”

“Because..”

“Because what?”

“I started liking you after we came here, so I wanted to come here again with you.” He said looking embarrassed.

I couldn’t help but smile and laugh at this cute side of him.

“Funny eh? You’ll regret laughing at me, I’ll embarrass you.” He said.

“What? Don’t you think Hyunmin already does that for you? You don’t need to try to embarrass me.” I said.

“True.” He said laughing.

 

Suhoon and I spent the next few hours walking around and going into random shops. We also spent a good 30 minutes just browsing for music in a music shop. I found the music shops in Seoul much more interesting than the ones in Toronto.

“What do you want to do now?” He asked.

“I’m tired of walking.” I said.

“Let’s go back to that ice cream place and sit on our bench.” He said.

“Our bench?” I asked.

“Let’s go.” He said taking my hand.

 

 

**Suhoon’s Point of view**

“It feels like we were just doing this yesterday.” Sun said

“Well, it was only 2 months ago. Time goes by fast.” I said.

She was holding her empty cup of ice cream and looking up at the sky. As always, she was looking at the sky. Her gaze and complexion with the sun setting glow on her face was a sight that just made me want to stare at her. She finally looked at me, but with a shy and uneasy look on her face. A look she has been giving me for the past few days. When is she going to stop acting this way around me?

“I’m not going to hurt you.” I said.

“H-huh?” She said.

I moved in and gave her a kiss on her check. She just stared at me and then put her hand on her check and looked away from me in embarrassment.

“I’m done eating, let’s go back now. It’s already getting dark and I’m really tired.” She then asked.

“Alright, let’s go.” I said taking her hand. I was planning on forcefully holding her hands until she finally got use to it and would stop being shy but she was taking longer than I thought to adjust. Maybe it was because we weren’t able to talk much after that day I kissed her due to school work. I just hoped today made it a little better between us.

 

As I waited for the bus to arrive back at the University I suddenly felt something on my shoulders. When I turned my head I saw Suns head on my shoulder. She was in a peaceful sleep.

“You must really be tired.” I said pulling her hair away from her face.

 

**Suns point of view**

“Sun, wake up we’re here,” I heard a voice call. Is that Suhoon’s voice?

Right then I immediately got up realizing I slept on his shoulder the whole bus ride.

“Oops, sorry.”I said with an awkward smile.

“You don’t have to apologize,” He said smiling at me. That damn beautiful smile, why does he keep smiling at me? “Let’s get you to your dorm.” He said as we walked out of the bus.

“It’s okay I can.. oh wait our dorms are in the same building I forget hehe” I said embarrassed.

“You must be really tired.” He said laughing.

 

The elevator doors opened to my floor and Suhoon followed me out.

“This isn’t your floor, I can walk to my dorm myself. You must be tired too so-“

“Just let me drop you off, I’m afraid you might not make it to your door considering how tired you are.” He interrupted.

“Alright…” I really didn’t want him to walk me to my door, because it would just be awkward saying good bye outside of my door.  I also still felt embarrassed of myself for sleeping on his shoulder.

We were now at the front of my door. “It would be funny if Injun was in there, like last time.” I said laughing as I got my keys out. “That won’t happen this time though…”

“Probably not.” Suhoon said.

As I was putting the key inside the door Suhoon suddenly put his hand on top of mine to stop me from opening it.

“What is it?” I said looking up at him.

He then put both of his hands on my shoulders and leaned in and kissed my forehead. “Good night.” He said.

My heart started to pound and I could feel my cheeks turn red.

He didn’t say anything else and made his way back to the elevator.

I immediately opened the door, ready to scream out my feelings to Raina. As I was going to call for Raina I met the eyes of someone else. My eyes widened in shock, I kept staring, making sure I was seeing things right.

“In..Injun!?” I yelled.

Right then Suhoon turned around at the sound.

“Injun?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though its a bit early to be saying this here in Toronto, Happy New Year everyone!♥