Out of Place.

Unexpected

 

“Suhoon, you have the worst taste in girls.”

“Aren’t you overreacting, Hyunmin?” Jihwan said laughing at him.

“What’s going on?” Suhoon asked also laughing at Hyunmin’s expression.

“You’re acting like she’s your girlfriend..” Jihwan said still laughing.

“I suppose you guys are talking about Sun? What happened?” Suhoon asked.

“Let me tell the story!” Jihwan said.

“Umm no, you didn’t see everything.” Hyunmin said.

“But you’re going to make it seem worse than it actually was.” Jihwan said worried.

“Anyways” Hyunmin continued. “It seems like Sun and Hyunchul made up.” Hyunmin said.

“Really? That’s good then…” Suhoon said.

“Let me just get to the point, when I was walking to the building I saw them both hugging. Hyunchul was the one who triggered it but Sun just stood there!”

“Wait, you saw them together..today? I thought she went to the main building to sort something out..” Suhoon said confused.

“Well, I guess she lied to you…” Hyunmin said.

“I saw her run into the Science building… I didn’t say anything to her though since she seemed to be in a rush…” Jihwan said.

“The science building…” Suhoon said looking upset.

“We shouldn’t jump to conclusions...” Jihwan said.

“I really don’t want to go to bed leaving things like this, I need to ask her now…”

“Ask her what?” Hyunmin asked. “She clearly went in the building to wait for Hyunchul. I mean none of us had science at that time.”

“So she left to go see Hyunchul…”

“Don’t jump to conclusions yet.” Jihwan said again but Suhoon didn’t seem to be listening. He was too distracted.

 

 

**Sun’s Point of View**

It was a brand new day and as I was putting on my jacket I heard as knock on the door.

“Did Raina forget something?”

I hurriedly went to open the door.

“Coffee?” Hyunchul asked with a smile.

“Haha when did you get that?” I asked.

“I had an early morning class so I got them after class. You have class now, right? I’ll walk you there.” He asked.

“Yeah. Come in. I just need to get my books together.” I said.

“Alright.” Hyunchul said sitting on a nearby chair.

“Okie let’s go!” I said opening the door. As I did I was shocked at the site of Suhoon with his right hand up as if he was about to knock the door.

“Suhoon…” I said. How awkward was this. Hyunchul was in my dorm and I was hoping he wouldn’t misunderstand. “Why are you here..?” I asked.

“I wanted to ask you something, but I don’t need to anymore.” He said immediately walking away.

“What the..” I said to myself. I wanted to go after him but how would that make Hyunchul feel. I convinced myself that nothing was wrong and left with Hyunchul.

 

“You!” I heard someone call as I was walking back from class.

“Hyunmin? You look funny.” I said laughing.

“I look funny? More like pissed..” He said.

“When are you not pissed though?” I asked.

“You should pick one guy!” He said.

“One guy?” I said confused.

“As if it wasn’t bad enough that you and Hyunchul were hugging late at night but then he was in your dorm in the morning too! What’s wrong with you?!” He said.

“What!? How did you know me and Hyunchul were..”

“Suhoon is really upset. You should go talk to him. Crazy Women.” He said walking away.

I suddenly was feeling really angry. Was Suhoon spying on me after I left the other day? Did he not trust me? And how could he jump to such conclusions by this and not ask me personally first?

“I wanted to ask you something, but I don’t need to anymore.”

Was he going to ask me then? What did he mean he didn’t need to anymore?

 

I found myself at Suhoon’s dorm; I needed to sort things out. I kept knocking the door until somebody answered.

“Sun..?” He said with a blank face.

“I think I need to clear out some things.” I said walking in.

“You don’t need to.” He said looking like he didn’t even care of my presence.

“No I really do. How could you not trust me? Were you spying on me yesterday?” I asked.

“What!? Spying?” He said in an angry tone.

“How else would you know that Hyunchul hugged me yesterday? That happened after we went to the café and that was long after I was with you.”

“So that’s where you went yesterday? Not to the main building but to the café with Hyunchul? Why couldn’t you just say that to me than lying straight to my face.” He said.

“What!? Lying? Fine I lied to you but not to go and see Hyunchul. That was just a coincidence. You want to know what I went to do after I left. I went to go call my mom because I was curious about something. I couldn’t make the phone call in front of you. Well this is a relief; I guess my parent’s way of meeting is no way like ours since my father always trusted my mom and you clearly don’t. I’m leaving.” I said slamming the door on my way out.

“Crazy Women! You’re going to break our door!” Hyunmin said.

“Leave me alone.” I said walking away.

“What the heck is wrong with you.” Hyunmin said pulling me back.”

“As if you didn’t know. Why would I be happy when the guy I trusted was spying on me and rather than asking me personally jumps to these conclusions. Is that what I look like to him? A girl who would easily do things behind his back for no reason.”

“Spying on you?” Hyunmin said confused. “I told Suhoon you were hugging Hyunchul. Jihwan and I saw you yesterday as we were walking back from class. Who’s jumping to conclusions now, sun?”

Hyunmin just had to tell me that now.

 “Whatever. Either way, the fact that Suhoon would still be angry at things that were said by someone else is just as bad..” I said leaving.

 

**Suhoon Point of View**

“Suns Pissed.” Hyunmin said walking into the room.

“No kidding, whose fault is that?”

“Mine!?” Hyunmin said surprised.

“Both of ours but you put the idea into my head! You know what she did when she went into the science building?”

“What..?” Hyunmin asked.

“She called her mom to compare how her parents met and how we met…” I said feeling regretful.

“What… Couldn’t she have done that in her room though?”

“I guess she was anxious to know. I mean we just came back from seeing her Uncle and the story he told us made us feel really awkward afterwards.”

“But it’s not like she didn’t do anything wrong. She also thought that you were spying on her.”

“That would have been avoided if you had told her it was you who saw her…” I said. “I need to talk to her.” I said getting up.

“Hold up!” Hyunmin said stopping me. “She was really mad, talk to her later.” Hyunmin said making a point.

“I can’t wait a day though. What if she tells Hyunchul we got into a fight?”

“What, you think he’ll steal her away?”

“No… but he’ll comfort her, and I don’t like the thought of that. Also, Sun doesn’t really think when she’s upset, she just vents out her anger.”

 

**Sun’s Point of View**

“Are you going to answer that?” Hyunchul asked as we were sitting in the cafeteria with Raina and Injun.

“No.” I said.

“But it’s Suhoon.” Raina said.

“Exactly…” I said.

“I really think you should answer it though-.”

“Why don’t you answer it then, I really don’t want to talk to him right now.”

“Can I really?” Raina asked.

“Go ahead.”  Raina immediately answered it.

“Hello..Suhoon, Sun doesn’t want to talk..”

“Just put her on the phone for a second.”

“I don’t think she’s going to take it..but I’ll try..”

“No” I said already knowing what Raina was going to ask. “I’m going to leave, you can keep my phone I won’t need it anyways.” I said walking out.

**No Ones Point of View**

“What happened?” Hyunchul asked? “Did she and Suhoon get into a fight..?”

“What happened this time?” Injun asked.

“Umm..I’d rather not say.” Raina said.

“I’m going to go with her..bye.” Hyunchul said leaving.

“Well now that he’s gone I can tell you.” Raina said.

“It’s because of Hyunchul?” Injun asked.

“Well kind of, I can’t fully blame him though. 50% Hyunchul and the other 50% to Hyunmin and Suhoon.” Raina said

 

**Hyunchul Point of View**

“Sun! Wait up.” I said catching up to Sun. “What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“…nothing, I just got into a little fight with Suhoon.” She confessed.

“Why? Is it because of me?” I asked.

“No..” She said after looking to be in deep thought. I knew she was lying, she’s the type of person to not say or do things in order to not hurt the other person.

“Are you sure?” I asked again.

“Yeah, it’s not your fault…it’s his. He’s the one who doesn’t trust me, not you.” She said looking upset. “Umm.. I have a class right now so, I’ll talk to you later.. bye Hyunchul.” She said forcing a smile on her face.

I had to find Suhoon, I needed to find out what happened and I wanted to set things straight. I hated seeing Sun like this, especially if I had something to do with it.

 

“Who is it?” Suhoon asked as I knocked on the door.

“..Hyunchul.” He immediately opened the door.

“Well I should get going..” Hyunmin said leaving.

“What is it..?” Suhoon said with a serious face.

“What’s wrong with Sun?” I asked.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself? You two seem close anyways.” He said

“Because she won’t tell me anything. I asked her if it was because of me and she said no.” I said.

“Of course she would, she’s always trying to protect you.” he said looking annoyed.

“Will you stop being so rude. I came all the way here to sort things out not to fight.”

“Look, it’s none of your business. If she won’t tell you then why would I? Just remember that she’s not yours. Don’t be so careless, unless you actually want to steal her away from me.”

“What!? Steal her away from you? You really want to think like that?” I said shocked and angry. “Fine, if I see her upset like this then I won’t hold back.” I said.

I was about to leave but stopped.

“If only you knew how much Sun likes you. The fact that she’s actually willing to be in a relationship with someone here knowing the pain that will come with it later is kind of amazing, don’t you think? You really think she would do something to hurt you so easily? Open your eyes.” I said and left.

 

**Suhoon’s Point of View**

The next day on my way to Travel class I really wanted to talk to Sun but she just ignored me. I saw her and Hyunchul walking together and she looked really tired. I was worried about her. It just made me so angry that Hyunchul could be there to comfort her but she wouldn’t even let me apologize to her. It was all just another big misunderstanding and I wanted to set it straight.

I tried to talk to her after class but that failed too.

“Sun, can you give me a second, please?” I asked gripping her shoulder.

“I’m really packed with work Suhoon I don’t have time for this right now. I have another class right now and a midterm due tomorrow, sorry.”She said.

She was just looking down the whole time too. She couldn’t even look at me…Why was she being like this? Wasn’t this a little too much? What happened wasn’t that big of a deal, especially after all the time that has passed. Was there another reason as to why she was ignoring me? I needed to talk to her…I needed to. What if Hyunchul had already stolen her away from me?

 

**Sun’s Point of View**

“WHY CAN’T YOU JUST TALK TO HIM?” Raina yelled.

“Wowow quiet down, its 12am you’re going to wake someone up.”

“This is driving me crazy though! He keeps calling you! You’re such an idiot! The two of you are suppose to be soul mates! This is not the way I planned it..” Raina said looking frustrated.

“What? is your fiction love story for us not going the way you wanted it to? We’re not soul mates for the 100th time!” I said annoyed.

“No, but you are! Is that why you aren’t talking to him? Are you scared that you’ll like him too much after finding out more about those necklaces?”

I didn’t reply.

“Bingo! I’m right, aren’t I?”

“Not really… Look since we are already in a fight I thought that it would be best to just not go back into it. Yes I am scared. I’m scared because in 4 years I’ll be going back to Toronto and we’ll never see each other again. If I end it now, it will hurt less.” I said.

“Sun, do you think love is that simple? How do you know that in 4 years you’ll never see him again? Do you know how complicated life is? So much could happen in 4 years. Stop predicting the damn future all the time. Who do you think you are to? And how could you start it and then end it so quickly? That’s so unfair to Suhoon.” Raina said looking serious.

“Just leave me alone. We both have to study. I have to do well on this midterm tomorrow or else I’ll be screwed.” I said.

Suddenly we heard a banging at our door.

“Who the hell is it at this hour?” I said annoyed. “Oh my gosh, if it’s Injun I am kicking him out! I don’t care how cute his smile is!” I said.

“Hey! Don’t release your rage off of my boyfriend!” Raina defended.

“Sun open the door!” both of our heads turned at the call.

“What the heck.. is that Suhoon?” Raina said in disbelief. “Is he crazy?” Raina said heading towards the door.

“Don’t open it!” I said.

“Sun I need to talk to you.” He called again.

“Sun…I think.. I think he’s drunk!” Raina said seriously.

“What are you saying? What do you mean drunk!?”

“Suhoon isn’t the type of person to do this. He’s responsible. Its half way through midnight and he’s banging on our door. I don’t care I’m opening it.” She said.

“Wait!” I said. “I’ll open it.” I stood up and went to the door.

“Ugh you smell like alcohol..” I said squinting my eyes from the smell.

“I told you.” Raina said “I know how drunk Suhoon sounds like.”

“Suhoon are you crazy? If someone finds you here we will all get in trouble.  

“I don’t care, I need to talk to you and you never allow me to.” He said putting his hands on both of my shoulders.

“So this is what you do? You are such an idiot.” I said taking his hands off of me.

“Sun, what are we going to do with a drunken Suhoon?” Raina said worried. “If you bring him back up to his dorm people are going to misunderstand and rumours will be spread since you two are dating. Plus you could get in trouble…” Raina said making a point.

“Ugh I can’t get in trouble I have a midterm tomorrow.” I said frustrated at the situation.

“Take him to Hyunchul’s room! He has no roommate.” Raina said satisfied with her idea.

“Hyunchul’s! Are you crazy? Have you been drinking too? Him and Hyunchul hate each other.” I said.

“Well boo hoo, the reason he’s like this is because of him and Hyunchul is the one who triggered this whole incident so they both deserve to stay in a room together.” Raina said.

I began to like Raina’s suggestion. Maybe, just maybe their relationship would become better.

“Fine, let’s go Suhoon” I said.

“I don’t want to go to Hyunchul’s room.” He said shaking his arm all over the place. “Let me just stay here.” He said holding onto my hand.

“Hah, in your dreams.” I said dragging him to Hyunchul’s door.

“Hyunchul, open the door it’s me!” I said lightly knocking his door so no one would hear.

“Sun?” I heard him ask through the door.

“Yeah it’s me, open the door.” I said.

Right when he opened the door his expression went from calm to annoyed and confused.

“Why is drunk Suhoon outside of my door.” He said from the distinctive scent. “Unless that’s you who drank.”

“I don’t drink.” I said. “Let him stay here for one night, please!” I pleaded.

“No way! Are you crazy?” He said.

“Pleaaseeee!! I’ll love you forever” I said trying to look and sound cute.

“Love him forever, you’ll do no such thing!” Suhoon said.

“Why should I let him stay hear?” He asked annoyed.

“Because I have a midterm tomorrow and I can’t get in trouble or have people starting up strange rumours.” I said trying to reason with him.

“Fine, but under one condition.” He said looking excited.

“What is it?” I questioned.

“You have to stay here too.” He said with a huge smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spent the day writting this so i can update before school starts again tomorrow (Yes semester 2 is starting on  a friday, wte =/). Enjoy!