An Embarrassing Moment

Unexpected

 

We walked into the elevator and I pressed the button to floor 13.

“What’s your floor number?” I said Pointing at the floor buttons.

“haha. it’s the same one…”

“Really?!”

“Yeah room 20!” Hyunchul said with a smile on his face.

“I’m room 15, so you’re 5 doors down. Wow what a coincidence.” Coincidence I’ve been saying this word way too much ever since I’ve arrived here. This was a nice coincidence though.  

We finally arrived at floor 13. We were chatting away until we arrived at my dorm door.

“Thanks for everything. I’m really sorry that I caused you a lot of trouble.”

“It’s fine. Hopefully we’ll see each other around.”

“Yeah, Maybe we can go somewhere as friends.” I said while smiling. “Why don’t I give you my cell number before you leave?”

I quickly plugged my number into his phone and then he begun to walk to his room.

I unlocked the door to my dorm and there it was, a big thing with 8 hairy legs.

“AHH!” I screeched. I hated spiders. I’ve had too many bad experiences with tem that I can’t bear to even be around one.

Hyunchul turned around and ran to me.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s a spi..spi..” I pointed with a shaking finger in the direction of it.

“Wow are you really that scared?” Hyunchul said with a chuckle.

“Yes I hate them! I’ve always had a phobia with spiders.”

“Do you have an extra shoe lying around here?” I passed him the cheap slippers they give us with the dorm.

“There, better now?” Hyunchul said with a smile.

Just like that the spider was dead. I let out a big sigh of relief.

 “Ugh, I’m so embarrassed. I’m such a scardy cat. You must find me really annoying.”

“Nahh its fine, my little sister also hates them.”

“I’ll put it in a bag and throw it out since you killed it.” I grabbed a paper bag and tried my best to up my fear and pick it up with a tissue. I crouched down next to Hyunchul and couldn’t bring myself to.

“Its fine, I’ll put it in the bag since you clearly can’t bring yourself too.”

“No its fine, I can do this.” I said unsure of my own words.

“It’s fine!” Hyunchul said while reaching for the bag.

There we were childishly fighting over who would pick up a disgusting spider. Neither of us obviously wanted to actually pick it up but out of kindness we just kept fighting over it. Well…until something really awkward and embarrassing happened.

 While Hyunchul was trying to grab the bad from my hand, I swung my hand far behind my head, this causing me to lose my balance and fall against the wall. Since Hyunchul was reaching for the bag he kind of well… fell on top of me? I didn’t know what to do; we just stared at each other… Until the door swung open and I knew my nightmare was just beginning. 

Hyunchul and I turned our heads to Raina, Hyunmin, and Suhoon standing there, eyes wide open and Raina with her hand on .

 “What’s going on here?” Hyunmin said with a smirk.

“It’s not what it looks like!” I pleaded.

“Umm maybe we should leave.” Suhoon said looking incredibly annoyed.

Hyunchul quickly got up and I followed.

“Sun, what’s going on…?” Raina said shocked.

“I’ll explain myself later… All I’m going to say is to not get too ahead of yourselves.” I said trying to look as calm and confident as I could in front of them especially Hyunmin and Suhoon. Plus I didn’t want to make the situation even more awkward for Hyunchul.

“Explain the situation then.” Hyunmin said, arms crossed keeping that stupid smirk on his face.

“I could care less what you think, I know what happened and that’s all that matters. I’ll just leave you two to your imaginations. Why are you guys here anyways?” I said annoyed.

“Well we were actually here to apologize, but it seems you’re fine and our apology wouldn’t seem to make a difference since you’re acting so rudely.” Hyunmin said.

“Let’s just leave…” Suhoon said quietly. They both turned around and left the room.

Apologize… Hyunmin was joking right? I mean Hyunmin and Suhoon wouldn’t actually apologize; they seem too cold for that stuff.

Hyunchul nudged me. “I thought you were going to try to be on good terms with them?”

“Oh right…” I mumbled. “Ugh, this is so annoying, my luck is really horrible.” I said while running out of the room trying to catch up to Hyunmin and Suhoon.

**No one’s point of view**

There, Hyunchul and Raina were left in the dorm.

“So what happened mister? Don’t you think that’s a little too fast?” Raina said trying her best to look serious.

“Look, it’s really not what it seems. We were just fighting over a paper bag and she fell as I was trying to grab it.”

“Why were you guys fighting over a paper bag? I have tons if you want one….”

“Haha, no its because there was a spider and…”

“WHAT. A SPIDER, WHERE?!” Raina said frightened.

“You too are afraid of spiders as much as sun I see.” Hyunchul picked the spider with a tissue and put it into the paper bag, which he then threw in the garbage.

“There, all taken care of.”

“Anyways I’m going to go, bye” Hyunchul said with a short smile.

“B.bye..”

**Sun’s Point of view**

“Wait up!” I called out to Suhoon and Hyunmin.

“What do you want now?” Hyunmin said with a blank expression.

“If you apologize I’ll.. Apologize too… even though I didn’t do anything particularly wrong.”

“You don’t deserve out apology, you..” Suhoon quickly interrupted.

“Look, we’re sorry for acting like total jerks and ruining your day. It’s all just a big, stupid misunderstanding and I’m sorry for treating you the way I did. Let’s just forget about the past and star fresh.” Suhoon said with a sincere look.

“But, Hyung!” Hyunmin whined.

“Ugh you’re such a child” Suhoon said.

“Alright, I’m sorry for acting the way I did too. I didn’t mean what I said, I was just teasing you. Sorry it was a bad joke.” Hyunmin said looking down.

Was I hearing things right? Why do they actually seem like decent guys now?

“I’m sorry for over reacting and being overly dramatic. I’m just in a mess right now.” I said also looking down, embarrassed at what happened earlier today. What’s gotten into me lately?

“We can see th….” Suhoon quickly put his hand over Hyunmin’s mouth before he could ruin things.

“Anyways I’m going to head back to my room and apologize to Raina now, See you later.” I quickly bowed and made my way back to my dorm.

I saw Raina sitting quietly on the bed, playing with her phone charm. She looked deep in thought so I was afraid to interrupt her but I had to say sorry for acting so mean to her before. I sat down next to her.

“Hey Raina…”

Raina looked at me and grabbed my left hand the same time I grabbed hers.

“I’m sorry.” We said at the same time. We both started to laugh.

“What are you sorry for? I regret everything I said before, I understand why you were acting the way you did.” Rains said with a serious face.

“It’s alright. Sorry for acting so mean and impatient.”

“How about we make sure this doesn’t happen again, or at least prevent it from happening again. How about whenever Hyunmin or any boy pisses you off, I punch him in the face? Sound like a good idea right” Rains said holding out her fists making a cute face.

“I bet you couldn’t kill a fly.” I said laughing.

“I know you can’t kill spiders.” Rains said laughing.

“Did Hyunchul tell you what happened?” I questions embarrassed.

“Uh huh. Hmm maybe Suhoon isn’t your soul mate, maybe its Hyunchul!” Raina said making kissy faces to me.

 “Let me re-in-act what happened.” Raina said laughing.

“Lets not!” I said with an embarrassed smile.

“You were like THIS close!” Raina said bringing her face close to mine.

“Do you want me to call Injun right now!” I said with an evil laugh.

Just like that, Raina and I were back to our old teasing ways and all seemed to be in the right place again. I hope this lasts, though I have a feeling it won’t. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is wayy over 1,000 words! Sorry for the long update. its makes uyp for ym absence though. Enjoy ♥~