He's....Gone?

Unexpected

 

I woke up to the sound of Raina crying. I was still half asleep so I was a bit confused. I didn’t know if I was in a dream or if I was really awake. I was wishing I was in a dream though, because after I was completely awake I felt like I was in a nightmare.

“Raina! Are you okay? What’s wrong?” I said, eyes wide opened, taking her hands off of her face and holding them.

 “I’m such a fool” She said through her tears.

“What do you mean? Why would you be a foo…. Wait, does this have to do with Injun? Did he do something?” I said seriously.

 “He’s gone…”

“HE’S WHAT?” I yelled. “What do you mean he’s gone!?”

“He left the university. He didn’t die, don’t worry.”

“Oh thank god, don’t scare me like that!” I said catching my breath. “But what do you mean he left the University? How could he just leave? It’s the beginning of the semester, is he crazy?” I said.

“I don’t know why he left… No one will tell me why. I asked Hyunmin, I asked Jihwan, I even asked Suhoon. None of them could give me a straight answer. I was so angry at them Sun. It was like a slap in the face. How could they not tell me anything?”

“Did he drop out?” I asked.

“No… That’s the only thing they said to me. “He didn’t drop out, so don’t worry. You should go now Raina I really can’t tell you anything.” And like that Hyunmin dragged me out.” Raina said as more tears fell.

“Ugh Raina, stop crying so much for him. How could he just leave without telling you!?” I said frustrated.

“I can’t stop crying, Sun. I’ve known Injun for over 2 years. We’ve been close friends for a long time.”

“You said even Suhoon didn’t tell you anything?” I said pissed.

“Yes.” She said.

“I’m going to go talk to him, you stay here.” I said.

“Sun, don’t go. There’s no use.” She said.

“I need to at least try. He’s got to tell me something.” I said determined.

I ran out the door and hurried to Suhoon and Hyunmin’s dorm.

 

I kept knocking on their dorm door until someone opened it.

“Aishh you’re so impatient,” Hyunmin said as he opened the door. “Oh gosh, its you.” He said rudely.

“Hyunmin I have no time for your games today. Where’s Suhoon?” I said.

“Why do you want to see Suhoon?” Hyunmin questioned.

“Where is he, Hyunmin!?” I repeated.

“He’s in the bathroom you impatient woman, geez. To be honest, I don’t have time for you today either.” Hyunmin said.

“Good, then we’re o the same page for once.” I said. I didn’t know why I was acting so rude. It was so out of my character. I’m usually too shy to be like this. I just hated seeing Raina cry. It was just heartbreaking.

“I’m leaving. Bye sun.” Hyunmin said as he left.

Suhoon finally came out.

He looked at me for 5 seconds before he spoke. “I know why you’re here.”

“Really? Then let’s cut to the chase. Suhoon, why did Injun just leave without telling Raina anything?”

“Sun….I can’t tell you…” He said looking down.

“Why….not?” I said in a shaky voice.

“I just can’t. Injun told me not to tell anyone, Raina especially.”

“Huh? If you can’t tell Raina, then at least tell me! If he didn’t drop out, then he must be coming back, right? Can’t you at least tell me, just to reassure Raina that everything will be fine?”

“I can’t tell you, Sun,” Suhoon said raising his voice a little. “It’s just none of your business, okay.”

“None of my business, huh? Okay, fine Suhoon. Don’t tell me, even though we both know Raina deserves to know what’s going on. But of course, it’s none of my business. I mean, it’s not like I’ve ever told you anything that was none of your business, so why should I even have expected you to tell me. Sorry Suhoon, I just thought our relationship amounted to more than this. I guess I was overestimating it.”  I was so angry. I immediately made my way out their dorm.

“Sun, wait!” Suhoon said catching onto my arm.

“Suhoon, let go. I won’t ask you anymore questions, so just stop it.” I said taking his hand off and leaving the dorm.

 

As the elevator doors opened on my floor, I found Hyunchul standing.

“Hyunchul…” I said stepping out of the elevator.

“Sun?! What’s wrong? Are you crying?” Hyunchul said putting both hands on my shoulders and looking down at me.

“I don’t know” I simply said, keeping my head down.

I felt Hyunchul’s eyes glued to me, and suddenly he hugged me.

“Why do you always look sad, Sun? I want you to be happy. Every time I see you, there always seems to be something bothering you.” He said while holding me.

The feeling I had as Hyunchul held me compared to Suhoon was different. I don’t know what it was, it just felt different.

 

**No Ones Point of View**

Suhoon ran out of his dorm 5 minutes after Sun left.

“Why can’t she just wait.. If only she understood, she wouldn’t be being like this.”

The elevator doors opened, and there he saw Sun and Hyunchul in each other’s embrace. He kept his eyes on them, without a word. He had an eager desire to step out and take Sun away, but he just couldn’t bring himself to. He quickly pressed the button to close the elevator doors before anyone saw him.

“How could she… Why do I even care? She’s just too much.”

 

Suhoon stepped out and saw Hyunmin approaching him.

“Why do you look so pissed? What happened?” Hyunmin asked.

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” Suhoon simply said as he continued walking.

“Can you stop for a second?” Hyunmin said forcibly stopping Suhoon.

“What?” He said rudely.

“Whats wrong? Did Sun piss you off? That girl is really getting on my nerves now. She’s such a bitc-“

“Shut up,” Suhoon said interrupting Hyunmin. “Don’t talk about her like that.”

“You’re defending her now? What the heck Suhoon, you seem pretty pissed off about who knows what involving her and you still defend her? You must be coming down with a fever or something.” Hyunmin said.

“Look, you already know I like her so you should be well aware as to why I’m acting like this.”

“So it does have to do with her. What happened up there? Did you two fight?” Hyunmin asked.

“Yes, and it’s all my fault. I’m going to kill Injun when he comes back.” Suhoon said.

“If he ever comes back…” Hyunmin said. “So tell me what happened.”

“A week ago Sun... Well I need to say this in a way that won’t reveal anything since she wanted me to keep it a secret, but Sun was really upset and I helped her out. She told me something that was none of my business even before she told Raina. The point is, I feel bad that I can’t tell her anything.” Suhoon confessed.

“When she finds out, she’ll understand.” Hyunmin said.

“It’s not just that. I saw Hyunchul…. Hugging her, and not in the way only friends hug. It really got me…”

“Jealous” Hyunmin said for him.

“and angry…at her. How could she be so childish like that? I wonder how many shoulders she’s cried on other than mine.” Suhoon said looking frustrated.

“What? She cried on your shoulder?!” Hyunmin said.

“What?! I never said that. What are you talking about?” Suhoon said acting clueless.

“What the heck Suhoon. Ahh you two make me sick now. Is it the necklace or have you really gone crazy for her? You’ve only known her for barely a month now.”Hyunmin said shaking his head.

“Disgust you! You’re just jealous that you have no one. You have no one to blame but yourself.” Suhoon said suddenly laughing.

“Shut up umbrella boy.” Hyunmin said pushing him slightly.

“Umbrella boy?” Suhoon said, questioning what that meant.

“Well considering how sensitive Sun is, you’ll have to catch her tears a lot, won’t you?” Hyunmin said now laughing at him.

“I don’t mind. She won’t have to cry if she’s with me.” Suhoon said embarrassed at how corny he just sounded.

“Here comes the disgust again.” Hyunmin said. “Well then, let’s go.” Hyunmin said. But Suhoon just stood there with a blank stare at the elevator. “What’s wrong Suhoo- Oh..”

Sun and Hyunchul got out of the elevator. Sun trying to not make any eye contact with Suhoon or Hyunmin.

“Wait.” Suhoon said grasping Sun’s shoulder.

Sun just shook off his hand. “Let’s go Hyunchul.” And walked off.

“Can you stop acting like a child and wait for a second.” Hyunmin said catching up to Sun and making her stop..

“Hyunmin I’m really not in the mood for this. Just leave me alone for today, okay?” Sun said irritated.

“Not, I’m not going to leave you alone. Do you know how much you’ve hurt Suhoon. I don’t know what you said to him exactly, but you two need to talk. When you get him pissed, that gets me involved and pisses me off too.” Hyunmin said.

“Just leave her alone…Please.” Hyunchul finally said.

“Ch.. Pretty boy speaks?” Hyunmin said.

“Let’s go, Hyunchul.” Sun said grabbing his hand.

“No Sun, I’m not going to hold back anymore.” He said taking her hand off. “I’ve had enough of these boys causing you pain. You don’t deserve it.” Hyunchul said.

“Hyunchul don’t get involved, you have nothing to do with this. Just let me talk with her.” Suhoon said.

“Hyunchul, let’s go.” Sun said forcibly dragging Hyunchul away.

“Hyunchul, just let me talk with her for 5 minutes.” Suhoon said stopping them. “Please.” Suhoon said.

“Why are you asking Hyunchul? You think I’m going to go wit-“  Sun couldn’t finish her sentence, Suhoon grabbed her hand and dragged her outside.

“What the heck Suhoon!” Sun yelled. “You really have no patience, huh?”

“Me? Am I the one that has no patience? Why are you acting like this? Why can’t you just wait? Do you know how much I want to tell you and Raina what’s going on?! But I can’t. Injun is one of my closest friends and he asked me not to, so I’m keeping that promise!” Suhoon said raising his voice.

“Whatever.” Sun said. “Was it really necessary for you to drag me out here?“

“I don’t like you being mad at me?” Suhoon finally said.

“Do you honestly care if I’m mad at you? I never knew what I said would piss you off this much. I’m sorry for over reacting, okay. Why do you care so much anyways?” Sun asked.

“Because…I like you.” Suhoon said.

“I know, we are friends after all.”

“No Sun, I like you. I really like you.”

“W..w..what?”