Comfort In An Unexpected Place.

Unexpected

 

“What?” I said raising an eyebrow.

“Nothing.” Suhoon said with a smirk, taking his eyes off me and back to his plate.

“You’re kind of creeping me out, Suhoon.” I said with a laugh.

“Creeping you out? Haha, it’s just you have something on your face.” Suhoon said with a smile.

“What? Where!? Are you lying?” As Suhoon reached to get a napkin I suddenly remembered him wiping the ice cream he purposely put on my face yesterday. Remembering that moment when he was an inch from my face, I quickly went to grab the napkins before him.

“I’ll take that!” I said snatching it from his hand and wiping it off my mouth.

“Alrighty then…”Suhoon said.

“So, how’s Jihwan been doing?” I asked.

“Jihwan? Why?” Suhoon said, shooting me a curious look.

“I’m just curious… I haven’t seen him in a while.” I replied.

“Do you miss him or something?”

“Oh gosh, I can’t even ask a simple question. You’re just like Hyunmin in a way.” I said giving him an annoyed look.

“Like Hyunmin?! I’m guessing that’s an insult, and not a compliment.” Suhoon said.

“Pretty much.” I said with a smile.

“You seem to dislike Hyunmin quite a lot. It’s a shame because he actually secretly enjoys when you’re around, he just expresses it in an awful way.” Suhoon explained.

“Hyunmin is quite interesting, isn’t he? I’ll get him back for all of his teasing, one day…” I said.

Suddenly my phone rang.

“Omo, Its Olivia! My best friend. One second!” I said while getting up and going somewhere a little more private.

“Hello!” I said.

“Sun…” She said with a shaky voice.

“Olive, what’s wrong!?”

“Everything! ….My parents are getting a divorce.” She said. I could hear her crying through the phone.

My eyes widened in shock. “Olivia..please tell me you’re kidding..” I said feeling my eyes water.

“I’m not, I’m serious sun. The past few weeks have been horrible, and unbearable without you by my side. I miss you; I don’t know how I’ll get through this with you…” She said.

“Olive, I’m always here for you.” I said.

“It’s not the same Sun. “she replied.

“I’m sorry this is happening, I wish I could do more for you. I feel horrible.”

“Is there any way you can visit here? I just want to see your face.”

“I…I can’t,” I said helplessly. “It’s just the beginning of the semester here, school begins in mid February for University students. I’m really sorry Olivia…I feel awful.”

“It’s alright… I hope you’re happy Sun. Take care; I’ll call you again later. Bye.” She said hanging up immediately after.

 I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. I felt like breaking down and crying right on the spot. My best friend was going through such a difficult time, and I couldn’t do anything for her.

I walked back to Suhoon, looking down, making sure he couldn’t see my face. I was holding in my tears and didn’t want to trigger them from falling.

“I..I have to go, Suhoon. Sorry..bye” I said in a shaky voice.

Suhoon got up immediately. “Are you okay?!” he said.

“I’m..fine, I think I’m just sick or something. I’ll talk to you later.”

Suhoon immediately grabbed onto my hand. “Look, I’m not stupid. What happened?”

“I don’t want to talk about it okay! Just leave me alone.” I said forcefully shaking his arm off.

“I’m not going to let you just leave alone in this state! Why are you always like this!? Let people help you when you’re upset!” He said.

When noticing the few people staring at us, he forcefully pulled me outside.

“Let go! I’m really not in the mood, okay. I just want to be alone.” I yelled, but he kept a tight grip on my hand that I couldn’t get out of. I didn’t even know where he was taking me; I was cold and wanted to just cry in my dorm.

“I don’t care, Sun. I already know what you’ll do if I let you leave, and crying alone won’t help anything.”

He took me to a small garden, where no one was in sight.

“What happened?” He asked again.

“It’s nothing okay, I don’t want to depress you or get you involved in these personal affairs. Why do you care anyways?” I asked.

“Because…I don’t like seeing you cry.” He said sitting beside me.

I kept my head down; I couldn’t hold in my tears anymore. I didn’t want Suhoon to see so I quickly got up.

“Wait!” He called out. A second later I felt his arms wrap around me and found myself in his embrace. The comfort of being in Suhoons arms, was something so refreshing.

“If you want to cry, then just cry, let everything out here. I don’t like the thought of you crying alone.” He said.

I felt so embarrassed but there I was, crying in his arms. I felt so pathetic, but I couldn’t hold it in anymore.

He kept holding me as I cried on his shoulder. I don’t know what had gotten in to me, I had so many emotions and thoughts rushing through me, that I could barely think. What shocked me the most was how Suhoon was acting about it all. He didn’t complain, nor say anything; he just stood there, one hand around me waist and one holding the back of my head.

I don’t know how long I was crying on his shoulder, but the whole time I was just thankful towards him. All the bad thoughts I had about him flew away and I could see that the Suhoon that acted so rudely towards me from the beginning, wasn’t the real him.

Finally, Suhoon let me go. As he pulled me away, he wiped the tears off of my face. I was so embarrassed; I didn’t like people seeing me cry. I kept my head down as we sat down on the bench.

We sat in silence for a while.

“If you don’t want to tell me, then I understand.” He said.

“My friend’s parents are getting a divorce. She’s in a really rough state right now, and I can’t do anything to help her. I’m also close to her parents, and I’m just in shock.”I confessed.

“I’m sorry. Even though I know it wasn’t my place, thanks for telling me.” He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

“I should be the one thanking you, and apologizing. I’ve been in your way quite a lot lately, haven’t I?” I said in an apologetic tone.

“No, you’re not. I don’t mind your company. You’re my friend, Sun.” He said looking at me.

I gave him a warm smile.

“I’m cold, can we go inside?” I said.

“Ah, sorry about that...” He said. “Here, wear this.” He said handing me a sweater from his bag.

“Thanks.” I said smiling.

“Let’s get going then.” He said.

 

Me and Suhoon stepped into the elevator, and pressed our floor numbers. We fell into a comfortable silence, waiting for our stop. Suhoon insisted on walking me to my door.

“I’m not a kid you know, even though I may seem a little lost at times.”

“A little? Haha, joking. You are the farthest thing from a kid, infact I think you’re a little too mature at times…” Suhoon said.

“Really? My emotions are of a 5 year old, don’t you think?” I said.

“No, you’re just sensitive when it comes to people you are close to. There’s nothing wrong with that, Sun.”

“Sometimes I think you’re too mature too,” I said smiling. “Although the first time I met you…Well I thought you were a total jerk.” I said laughing.

“I thought you were extremely rude, I couldn’t believe you called me a thief!” He said defending himself.

“Well our first impressions were clearly inaccurate it seems.” I said.

We were finally standing outside my dorm. I couldn’t wait to take a nap, even though it was only the beginning of the afternoon I felt really tired.

“Thanks for….everything.” I finally brought myself to say.

“From now on, you’ll tell me when you’re sad, right?” He said.

“Maybe….” I said giving him a playful smile.

“You know we barely know each other! It’s awkward telling you these things. I have Raina to vent out to.” I said.

Suhoon expression looked a little sad after I said that. “So, you don’t see me as a close friend? I guess I’ll have to keep annoying you then.” He said with a smile.

“You do that. Good bye Suhoon.”I said while waving.

“Bye, Sunny.”

I felt my cheeks turn red at the sound of that nickname again, so I quickly bowed and opened my dorm door.

“SUN!” Raina called out.

“You!” I said giving her an angry look. “You got a lot of explaining to do!”

“Explain….what?” Raina said acting clueless.

“I saw everything! From you sleeping on Injuns shoulder, to you two holding hands in the morning. Everything!” I said.

“You did! Hehe well then I guess there is no explaining to do. Injun and I kind of confessed to each other while we were working on our lab report. Kind of random right? He likes me too, though! Aren’t you so happy for me Sun?”

“Very happy, unless you decide to ditch me now! Oh ad no cutesy stuff in front of me, okay?” I said annoyed.

“Are you jealous? What about you and Suhoon! Huh? Hyunmin showed me that photo; I’m going to kill you, Sun! I can’t believe you slept NEXT to Suhoon, and hugging his arm like that! Don’t you think that’s a little too much?” Raina said with a smirk.

“Yeah..well.. I wouldn’t have had to sleep in there if it wasn’t for you and Injun sleeping on each other’s shoulders!” I defended.

“This could go on forever. By the way, why are your eyes so puffy? Were you crying? Did Suhoon or Hyunmin say something? I’ll kill those boys if they did.” Raina said getting ready to march down to their dorm.

“Whoa whoa, calm down there. They didn’t do anything. My best friend’s parents are just… getting a divorce.” I confessed.

For some reason I didn’t cry at all while telling Raina what happened, I guess I let all my tears out with Suhoon. Did I really cry that much?

“Omo, You cried in Suhoons arms?!” Raina said while freaking out. “I told you! Didn’t I tell you? You two are soul mates.”

“Damn, you really know how to over react and predict things…” I said while laughing.

“Oh please, it’s so obvious. I feel kind of sorry for Hyunchul though…” Raina said.

“Why?” I questioned.

“Well, it seems like he kind of likes you too. Must be nice getting all this attention.” Raina said.

“He likes me, but as friends. Why does everyone think there’s something going on between us! We’re just friends!” I said.

“Are you blind, Sun? You can’t see the way Suhoon looks at you, and you can’t see the way Hyunchul looks at you. Compare the way those two look at you and the way Injun, Hyunmin and Jihwan look at you. Also compare the way they act around you. Don’t you see the difference?”

“No I don’t” I said.

“Wow, you really are slow. Hyunmin was right.” Raina said.

“What did Hyunmin tell you?!” I asked.

“Oh, Nothing. Just go take a nap you clueless princess” Raina said with a smile.

I didn’t bother to ask any more questions, I was too tired. It took me a long time to fall asleep though; I was too distracted thinking about everything that had happened. It seems like everything had turned upside down over night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Hope you Enjoyed this chapter! I wanted to aslo take this chance to say how happy and thankful i am towards everyone reading and enjoying this fic. Also your comments make me happy and motivate me to write more! Thanks for all the support! ♥