Trust.

Unexpected

 

“He’s not here….” Hyunmin said right after he opened the dorm door and saw my face.

“What..? But I just saw him like 30 minutes ago.. Where did he go?” I asked hoping Hyunmin would give me a straight answer.

“The bathroom” Clearly not.

“What!” I said laughing. “Are you joking?”

“He went to his class, where else would he go?” Hyunmin said laughing at me.

“I really need to tell him something though.” I murmured to myself looking down.

“Well you’ll have to leave and come-“

“I’ll wait here!” I interrupted him and held the door open when he was about to close it. I pushed Hyunmin aside and went in without caution.

“Wait, what! How can you go into a boys dorm just like that!” He yelled. He looked really shocked by my actions and was looking at me in a strange way.

“It’s really important; I need to tell him as soon as possible, so I’ll just wait for him.” I said sitting on Suhoons bed. “When does his class end?”

“I don’t know…late so you should just leave and come back later!” Hyunmin whined like a kid.

“I said I can’t! It’s important!” I whined back imitating him.

“Fine, then tell me and then I’ll tell him when he comes back.” He suggested.

“Nope!” I said while smiling at him and swaying my head from side to side. I loved picking on him.

“You’re really something. I’ll just go and ask Jihwan what’s going on.” He said sticking his tongue out at me.

“Why do you think Jihwan knows?” I said lifting up an eyebrow.

“Because you’re always telling him things. You know that really upsets Suhoon?” He said shaking his head at me in disappointment.

“Eh, Really? Why are you telling me this now!? You have a big mouth, why didn’t you tell me earlier!? I said in frustration. “Come to think of it I do ask Jihwan for advice a little too much…”

“You never tell me anything, so I won’t tell you. And excuse you! I do not have a big mouth.” He said sticking his tongue out at me again.

“I would tell you things if I could trust you.” I said laughing at his reaction.

“We could fight all day. I’m leaving! Don’t steal anything or touch anything, just stay seated there until he gets here. I’m watching you, so don’t you dare go through my things” He said before leaving.

“Don’t worry I already know what you have hidden under your drawers.” I said laughing as he left.

In order to pass time I decided to call my Mom and see what was going on.

“Mom! I can’t believe-“

“I know, you know and that you’re angry.. Olivia couldn’t keep it a secret for more than an hour.”

“Well yea..pretty much. Isn’t this a little ridiculous though?”

“Yes it is, there’s a reason for it though. Your dad is really close with Jongwooks father, you already know that. They were in the army together too. It’s not only because Jongwook is smart and respectful and well an ideal son, but because of how precious you are to your father. He trusts Jongwook a lot and can’t see anyone else as capable to be with you. He finds it difficult to suddenly trust another boy with you when he already has someone else in mind for you.”

“This isn’t fair though! How could he do this? How could he think that I’d be okay with it. Mom, I know I may seem like a horrible person saying this but I don’t want to leave Suhoon even if it gives Dad a hard time and he hates me…I don’t want to be that kind of person who gives in and gets married to someone who I don’t even love…” I said painfully. The more I knew about my dad’s decision the harder it seemed to be with Suhoon.

“Just don’t worry about it for now. Your dad isn’t planning on getting you married right now anyways. He had this in mind for when you finished university. But now that he knows you’ve found someone here, he’s just really angry and frustrated. He also feels like he has wrong Jongwook and their family.”

“I’m going to tell Suhoon everything” I finally said.

“Are you sure you can?” My mom asked. She knew how hard it was for me to tell people bad news.

“There’s no other way I can get out of this mess unless me and Suhoon fight through it together. I have to get Dad to like Suhoon more than Jongwook. I just hope Suhoon doesn’t feel like he needs to leave because of Dad and his past with Jongwooks family. That’s what I’m scared of the most, him leaving.” I confessed.

“Well, take this as a test then. If he leaves then maybe he isn’t right for you anyways. But seeing how sincere Suhoon is with you, I’m sure that he won’t leave.” My mom said comforting me. It made me feel better and happy hearing her say that Suhoon seemed sincere to me. I felt it too but it must be true if my mom could see it as well.

“Well, I’m going to go. Oh and don’t be too mad at Olivia for telling me.” I said with a little laugh.

“Alright, as long as you’re no longer mad at me for keeping it a secret.” She said.

“Alright, deal. Bye Mom. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

All of a sudden I was feeling really tired, but I didn’t want to leave. It was getting late but I was paranoid that he would come in the moment I left the room. I decided to sleep on his bed and set my phone to wake me up in an hour.

 

I woke up but for some reason the birds were chirping and I was under the covers of Suhoon bed. I don’t remember doing that… I slowly came to notice it was morning.

“Wait its morning!” I shouted. “Why am I here!” I said worried. I could hear someone laughing from the bathroom, it sounded like Suhoon. He came out with his tooth brush in his mouth.

“ummm…hehe” Was all I could say.

“Good morning sleeping beauty” he said smiling at me. I just cluelessly looked at him. I blinked my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. He went back in to rinse his mouth and came back.

“Sleeping…. what?” I said while turning my head because I was blushing. What the hell happened? Why didn’t I wake up! I went to go check my phone to see if my alarm even rang. “My phone is out of battery, no wonder.”

“I made tea, do you want some?” He said casually.

“I don’t think I’m in the proper state to drink Tea!” I said trying to remember what happened. Wait, why would I even need to remember? It’s not like I drink or anything. I must have been asleep the whole time. “Why didn’t you wake me up?!” I said worried.

“You looked really tired early when I saw you yesterday so I decided to just let you sleep. Why do you look so shocked and scared? Oh wait, it’s Sun…” He said with a smirk.

“Where did you sleep?” I asked afraid to know the answer.

“Next to you of course! You don’t remember?!”

“WHAT!?” I shrieked. Suhoon would be too scared to do something like that though… “You’re lying aren’t you?” I said looking at him suspiciously.

“How did you know?” He said surprised. I forced Hyunmin to go sleep in Injun’s room so I slept In Hyunmins bed.” I felt kind of sad for some reason… I shouldn’t feel sad, right?

I sat on top of the undone covers on his bed and crossed my legs, feeling more comfortable now. “Tea, please?” I said smiling and putting out of my hands.

It almost slipped my mind that I had to tell him bad news. I didn’t want to ruin the mood, but I had to.

The moment Suhoon came to sit beside I felt butterflies in my stomach. I felt like a little kid who had a crush and for a moment there I couldn’t believe that Suhoon was mine.

“Raina told me something yesterday…”

“She what?” I said worried. She wouldn’t have told him about the arranged marriage, right?

“She said you got really angry when Jihwan told you to break up with me as a joke… and then you said something after he made that joke… Can you say it to me yourself?” He said smiling at me.

I was trying to remember what I said… what is he even talking about? “Hmmmm” I said scratching my head. He doesn’t mean that, right? What else would he be referring to? Of course Raina would have told him I said that!

“What were you doing with Raina yesterday?” I said.

“Don’t change the subject!” He said cupping my face and turning me towards him.

All I could do is laugh. “You’re making it harder than it is. Now I feel shy, I could have said it to you naturally…”

“Just say it!” He whined like a little kid.

“I…lo….hmm I forget..” I teased. He looked really cute just then so I decided to just say it. “I love you?” I said.

“kekeke”
“Why Are you laughing at me!” I said turning away and acting sad.

“Why are you telling other people you love me but not me? Isn’t that a bit strange?” He said putting his head on my shoulder.

“I’m a strange person…Don’t you already know that?” I said sipping my tea.

“Yes I do, that’s why I love you.” He said patting my head. “So why are you here? Not meaning to sound rude, I don’t mind but…”

I stopped drinking my tea and put it down. I should just tell him now “Actually I have something to tell you, and it’s not good news. Bad news would be an understatement for it actually….”

“What’s wrong? It’s about your father isn’t it?” How did he know?

“Well…yea. I’m just going to say it. As typical as it sounds he apparently already has some perfect boy in mind for me to marry.”

“What…?” Suhoon said in shock. He didn’t say anything for a while. I felt so horrible and so helpless at that moment.

“I don’t love him Suhoon, I love you. So don’t feel like you have a disadvantage towards him. You don’t and you never will. My father can’t make me marry or love anyone he chooses.”

“Let’s fight through this together.” He finally said looking into my eyes. I could feel his sincerity. At that moment I felt the greatest feeling of relief. I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders and I knew that we could get out of this mess if it was together.

“I’m not going to leave; I’m going to fight until the very end. Trust me on that and I know I can trust you to do that too.” I said reaching out for his hand. “My Dad wants what’s best for me, so all I have to do is show him that you are what’s best for me.”

Suhoon pulled me into a tight hug and I could feel his warmth but at the same time I could sense his fear. He was hugging me so tight, as if I would disappear any second. I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him.

“Thank you..” He said softly.

“For what?” I asked.

“For telling me and trusting me.” He said.

“Everything going to be fine, I promise.” I said confidently.