Arrival

Unexpected

 

I opened my eyes to a sudden kick I felt in my seat. I let out a small scream thinking that the plane was going to crash and I was going to die. I unconsciously held the hand of the man beside me and turned my head towards him.

“Ajussi why is the plane going down, are we going to crash! AJUSSI!”

The man just stared at me and started to laugh.

“Do you think this is funny?!” I said as my eyes started to tear.

“Is dying funny to you! I have a family back home who love me! I can’t die!”

“Ya, you crazy women we’re landing so calm down” The man spoke.

I widened my eyes in shock of his rude language/

“Excuse me, crazy women? Why are you so rude?”

“Firstly I’m not an Ajussi I’m in my 20’s and secondly if you don’t stop squeezing my hand its going to fall off pretty soon.”

I looked down to see my tight grip on this strangers hand.

“Ahh.. sorry about that.” I said while I smiled awkwardly and bowed in my seat.

“So we’re landing eh…. wow I must have slept through most of the flight.”

“Yeah you did, I ate your food, hope you don’t mind.”

“I’d rather have you eat it then for them to throw it out.” I absolutely hated wasting food. I’m one of those people who are thankful for everything I have, even that last grain of rice on my plate.

“Why did you call me Ajussi though, do I really look that old.”

“Hehe no, I don’t know, I haven’t been in Korea much and barely speak Korean back in Canada.”

“ah so you live there?”

“Yes, I do. I’m coming to Korea to study; I’ve always wanted to study here in my homeland. For some reason it has always been a dream of mine. There’s something about Korea that I just love.”

“Really? …which university?”

“Seoul University, I’ll be living in a dorm there.”

“Ha ha ha.” The man kept laughing for a few seconds.

“Why are you laughing?”

“I’ll be studying there too, but it’s not my first year, this will be my 3rd.”

“Oh dear, so I guess I might see you around.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

“I barely know you Ajussi, why would I care.”

“Ya, I said not to call me that.”

“Oh my gosh look outside the window, it’s so prettyful! We’re so close to landing.” I couldn’t believe we were finally here; I kept staring outside the plane window in amazement! I couldn’t believe that I made it this far on my own.

“Wow you really don’t come here often, do you?”

“Ah, we’ve landed!” I said while clapping.

-Please stay in your seats with your seat belts fascined until the plane comes to a complete stop.-

After the plane stopped I made my way out slowly behind the other passengers. I was looking around for that man I was previously with. Why was I even looking for him, I need to get my luggage! I made my way to luggage pick up and after 30 minutes I had gotten all 5 of my suitcases. Yes 6, I practically brung my whole room with me. I got one of the police officers to help me bring out my things to the arrivals section. I squinted my eyes, looking for the driver who was holding a sign with my name on it.

Sun Soo Hee

“Ah there it is!”

“Hello, I’m Sun Soo Hee” I showed him my ID card.

“Hello, please come this way.” The man said as he waved his hand forward.

“Seoul University please.”

“Yes mam.” The driver said in a deep voice. I felt so mature and grown up. No one ever called me “mam” before. I hope this all doesn’t get to my head.

As the driver pulled up to Seoul University I felt butterfly’s form in my stomach. Looking out of my window I was so amazed. It looked even better in real life! I couldn’t even believe that I’d be attending this university.

The moment I stepped out of the car I put my hand on the necklace my mom gave me and felt so thankful for being here and going through with this. I couldn’t wait to start my new life here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm i wonder who that man was on the plane hehe. Next chapter will be fun to write! We may finally meet some DGNA members ♥