Just Try.

Unexpected

 

“Injun!? What are you doing here? When did you get here?” Suhoon said behind me.

“Please, leave.” Raina said looking at Injun.

“Just let me explain.“ Injun said.

“Just leave, please. I don’t feel like dealing with this right now. I have loads of school work and I really don’t need this right now.” Raina said.

“Injun, let’s go.”Suhoon said pulling him out.”Bye, sun.” Suhoon said giving me a nod.

“Bye” I replied.

“Raina, what was that?! When did he get here? What happened?” I asked.

“He got here 5 minutes before you did. I thought you forgot your keys and you were knocking on the door so I opened it. When I saw Injun, I was just shocked and speechless.” She said.

“Couldn’t you have let him explain?” I said.

“I panicked and I was so angry at the same time. He leaved suddenly without telling me a word and then he shows up suddenly and expects me to listen to him now. “ Raina said.

“Just give him a chance, let him explain. Injun isn’t an irresponsible person; he obviously has a good reason for leaving. I know you know he has a good reason, so why won’t you listen to him?”

“Because.. I’m afraid to know. I don’t want to know because I know it’s going to be something bad. Why do you think no one would tell us?” She said.

“Just try to listen next time, okay?”

“Alright, alright,” Raina said. “But enough about this, where did you and Suhoon go? I asked Hyunmin and he said that you asked him to cut class with you and-“

“HAHA what!? I asked him? Hyunmin is such a liar! That boy! It’s the other way around! Suhoon asked me to cut class with him and then took me to Itaewon.” I cleared up.

“That makes more sense. You’ve been miss shy and awkward for the past week, it made no sense for you to ask him.” Riana said.

“Am I really acting that different?” I said scratching my head.

“Yeah! You need to stop. Poor Suhoon is trying to make thing not awkward and you’re just being so difficult.”

“I’ve never dated before okay! Sheesh cut me some slack.”


“So you acknowledge it now?” Raina asked.

“Acknowledge what?”

“That you two are dating?” Raina said with a smirk.

“I… guess. I haven’t told Hyunchul yet though and I don’t want to either.”

“Tell him!”

“It’s not that easy okay. What am I suppose to say? “Hey Hyunchul by the way me and Suhoon are dating.”?”

“Pretty much. You know if you don’t tell him now he’s going to find out for himself and he’s going to be even more upset.” Raina said.

“Why does Hyunchul even like me more than friends? He’s prettier than me!”

“I’m telling Suhoon you said that!” Raina said laughing.

“You and Hyunmin just love making things difficult for me, eh?”

“It’s fun.” Raina said smiling.

 

“Why are you eating alone, loser?” Hyunmin said sitting at my table.

“Because I feel like it! Is there a problem?” I said.

“A girl with a boyfriend decided to sit and eat lunch alone. You’re really funny.”

“B-boyfriend? It sounds weird when you say it like that.”

“Then what is Suhoon to you?”

“Why do I need to answer your questions? I heard you told Raina I asked Suhoon to skip with me. You just love twisting things around.”

“Haha, it’s sounds more interesting that way.” He said laughing.

 “Bothering Sunny again I see.” Suhoon said sitting in front of me.

“Sunny? Ha Suhoon you already have a nickname for her. .”

I felt my cheeks turn red at the sound of him calling me that again. I quickly put my head down and started playing with my phone.

“Can you leave for a second, Hyunmin?” Suhoon asked.

“Eh? Oh now you’re shooing me away?” Hyunmin said.

“I need to tell her something.” Suhoon replied.

“Whatever I was leaving anyway.” Hyunmin said getting up and leaving.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It’s about Injun.” He said.

“Oh…did anything happen? Raina had morning classes so I haven’t seen her.” I said.

“I’m going to tell you now.” He said seriously.

“Tell me what?” I asked.

“Why Injun left.” He said.

“I’d rather you tell Raina not me. I mean I think she should know first and-“

“Injun is going to tell Raina. He’s probably telling her right now.” He said.

“Oh, I wonder how that’s going.” I said worried.

“Shouldn’t I hear why he left from? Won’t he get mad?”

“No I asked if I could tell you and he said yes. He didn’t really want to have to repeat the story twice anyways…”

“Is it that bad? I feel kind of uneasy now.”

“Well, Injun might not be here next semester…”

“What, why!?” I asked.

“Well the reason he left was because his mom called him and told him that his grandmother was in a really bad condition so she wanted him to come as soon as possible. Before he left he told Hyunmin, Jihwan, and I not to tell anyone about why he left and to just wait.”

“So that’s why you didn’t say anything…” I said feeling embarrassed.

“His mom asked him to go to a university closer to home so that he can see his grandmother more often and that’s why he might transfer next year. He’s really close to his grandma so there’s a high probability that he will…”

“This is worse than I thought… Raina is going to be really upset. I can’t even do anything about it.”

“Just whatever happens, be there for her. They’ve known each other for a long time and Injun didn’t want to tell her anything that would worry her. He never thought it would be this serious, so he left without saying anything...”

 

**Raina’s Perspective**

“That’s why I left without telling you…” Injun said.

I had not said a word throughout his whole explanation. I was in too much shock and everything went blank after I heard the words “transfer”. I didn’t want to hear anymore. I wanted to go back to when I knew nothing. I wanted to go back to being angry at him, but I couldn’t.

“a-are you crying?”

“What, no I’m no-“ Suddenly I felt the tears going down my cheeks. ”I.. I have to go.” I said quickly walking away wiping my tears away.

“Raina!” Injun said grabbing my hand. “You don’t have to feel bad or anything. Just stay with me this semester and act like this never happened. I don’t want to see you upset or angry for the rest of the semester.”

“Injun…You live far away from Seoul. You live over 3 hours away by car. If you transfer I’ll never see you again.”

“I can visit.”

“What? So I can see you once every few months? You think I could just see you every few months knowing that I won’t see you for a while again. Do you know how difficult that is?”

“So you just want to give it all up then?”

“We both are students. We are both packed with work and studies, where’s the time anymore? If you’re not here, then we’ll eventually fade out of each other’s lives.”

“I don’t know what to say to you.”

“Let’s just break up.” I said.

“What?” He said looking angry now.

“You’re going through a hard time now. You have a lot on your plate and I don’t want to bother you. Ending things now will be less painful than saying goodbye a few months from now.” I said trying to hold back my tears. “I need to go do work now. Bye Injun.” I said leaving.

 

**Injuns Perspective**

“At times like these I’m happy I don’t have a girlfriend.” Hyunmin said.

We were all in Suhoon and Hyunmin dorm. The mood was really depressing due to the recent situation.

“Not helping Hyunmin.” Jihwan said.

“What! It’s true. You shouldn’t have confessed to her. You should have stayed friends, then this wouldn’t be as bad.” Hyunmin said.

“It would be the same idiot.” Suhoon said. “Friend or girlfriend, it doesn’t make a difference. You’ll miss them either way. Plus they’ve liked each other for a while anyways so the same feelings as now existed before he confessed.” He continued.

“Maybe this is best though,” Jihwan said. “What Raina said makes sense, don’t you think? If you guys continued dating for the rest of the semester then your relationship would be closer and it would be more painful saying goodbye.”

“I know it makes sense, but I wish it didn’t. I don’t want to just stop seeing her for the rest of the semester.” I said.

“Suhoon, won’t you be in the same situation?” Jihwan said.

“What do you mean?” Suhoon asked.

“Sun…She lives in Toronto and well she doesn’t plan on living here. In a few years you’ll probably never see her again.”

“Gee Jihwan did you really have to bring that up now.” Hyunmin said.

“I’m just saying.” Jihwan said.

“I don’t want to think about that right now,” Suhoon said trying to cover up his anger. “Injun, you should ask yourself this; would you rather spend the last few months and then say goodbye even if it causes more pain or would you just say goodbye now?”

“I want to be with her now. I can’t be in the same building as her and not see her. I really can’t do that.” I said.

“Then chase after her. “ Suhoon said.

 

**Suns point of view**

Raina and I were quietly on our lap tops writing our research papers. Suddenly we heard a knock on the door.

“You get it.” Raina said.

“I’m too lazy, you get it.” I said.

“It’s probably Suhoon, so you go get it!” Raina shot back.

“Suhoon!? Why would it be Suhoon? Do you know something…? Did he tell you he was coming?” I said getting excited. I suddenly got up and fixed my hair.

“Wow you’re really funny. I wish Suhoon could see you like this.”

“Ah shut up” I said laughing. I went to go open the door, and was trying to calm myself down.

“Hello Suh-“It wasn’t Suhoon; instead I met eyes with Injun. “Oh dear, umm you should leave.”

“Who is it?” Raina yelled.

“Its umm, one sec!” I said getting out of the dorm and closing the door behind me. “Injun what are you doing here?”

“I need to talk to Raina.” Injun said.

“Look now isn’t a good time. When she came back she was crying for an hour in her bed. I really don’t think you should see her right now.” I said.

“I’m here to fix things” He said.

“Fix things?” I asked.

“Just let me speak with her for a second,” He asked again. “Please sun.” He said looking desperate.

“Is this going to take long?” I asked.

“Maybe… why?” Injun asked.

“Let me get my books, I don’t want to be in there when you talk to her and I need to study.”

I went back in to get my laptop and books. “Who was it?” Raina asked.

“Oh… umm.. the milk man!” I said hiding my laughter.

“The milk what!?” Raina said laughing.

“Bye bye.” I said leaving.

I came back out with my books in my bag. “If you make her cry again, I’ll kill you.” I said with a smile. “Bye bye.” I said heading for the elevator.

 

**Suhoon’s perspective**

“Injun must be back.” I said when I heard someone knocking on the door.

“That was fast.” Jihwan said.

“Not even surprised, Crazy Sun must have sent him away.” Hyunmin said laughing.

“Sun!?” Suhoon said.

“Don’t tell me it’s her.” Hyunmin said.

“Since it’s probably your fault Injun’s down there, I need to use this room to study. The library was closed because of some meeting and I need to study and finish this research paper.” I said.

“Doesn’t Hyunchul live alone? Why don’t you go there, he probably has a spare desk?” Hyunmin said purposely to get Suhoon mad.

“Hmm, you’re right. I guess if I’m not welcome here I’ll just go to his-“

“No, you’re staying right here.” Suhoon said pulling me back.”

“I knew he’d do that.” Hyunmin whispered to Jihwan.

“Raina is going to hate me for leaving, but they need to work this out. Do you know how many times this month I’ve had to wash the pillow sheets from her running mascara?” I said

“Girls are too emotional.” Hyunmin said.

“You’re too heartless,” I said sticking my tongue out. “Okay I need to work no disruption’s please.” I said putting in my headphones.

 

**Raina’s Point of view**

“I’m going to kill sun. Milk man….that girl..”

“Milk what?” Injun said.

“Why are you here Injun?” I asked.

“Raina…You live in Ulsan right? That’s your hometown, isn’t it?” Injun said.

“Yeah…why?”

“Suhoon, Hyunmin, Jihwan and all live in Daegu since we grew up together. But then I remembered that you live in Ulsan and that’s not that far from Daegu. If I do end up leaving next semester, we can still see each other in our breaks. Why do we have to stop seeing each other when we like each other? Don’t tell me to stop seeing you, because I can’t do that. I know you don’t want to give up too, so just trust me and stay by my side for now.”

“Injun.. The school year is really long though. I can’t just see you for two months each year.” I said.

“Stop thinking about all of that other stuff. It’s not like you’ll be In this university forever. Just think about now. If you get sick of me one day then I’ll go away.”

I took a few seconds to think about what Injun had just said. Why was he trying so hard to make things work? Did he really like me that much? I felt happiness ring through me suddenly and hugged him.

“Alright.” I finally said. “I’ll trust you.” Even though I knew it would be hard and painful when or if he leaves, I also still wanted to try. Even if it fails, I’d regret it later if I just gave up.

“You should go back now.” I said.

“Suhoon just texted me that Sun is there studying..he said to take my take” Injun said laughing.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking? We leave Suhoon and Sun in there alone. We need to get Hyunmin out of there!” Raina said.

“Haha, how are we going to do that?” Injun said.

“I have a plan.” I said smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for all of the perspectives. Hope its not too confusing. To clear things uo, whens there's a large space it indicates a change in location/chnage of scene.