Ready.. or Not?

Unexpected

 

Diary: February  20th :The day before I leave.

         My last day here in my home in Toronto, the home I was raised in, the only home I’ve ever known. Sitting here on my sheetless bed, surrounded by suitcases, I feel really…scared. Don’t get me wrong, I really want to  study in Korea, I’m just scared to be without my family and friends here. Though I must admit, I am really excited too. I really can’t wait to get on that flight tomorrow, and begin my journey there. I’ve always wanted to study in Korea, the place I was born and where my parents are from. We made visits there every once in a while but I’ve never stayed there for longer than a month and by myself…. Okay getting scared again.

         I think the thing I’ll miss the most, more than anything is my best friend, Olivia. We’ve known each other ever since we were born, literally. Our mothers gave birth on the same day. Our parents are also best friends. How am I going to live without her? I’m really bad at making friends. I mean it’s not that I’m socially awkward or anything, my standards for a good friend are just really high I guess. People I meet are immature, childish, or just plain stupid when it comes to lifestyle. Finding someone who completely accepts you and loves you for who you are, is something really difficult to find. Olive is the only close friend I have, she gave me my nick name; Sun, which is the name I go by now. She’s always been here for me, protecting me. I promised her I wouldn’t cry when I leave tomorrow but… I’m really sensitive and emotional so I might break my promise. She better not replace me with another friend! I know that’s selfish of me, but I’m really scared of things like that.

         It’s going to be hard adjusting and bearing with the pain of missing the people I love, but I have to keep my mind on my dream and work hard for them. I want to make them proud of me. I really want to become a journalist, so I’ll be going to an arts university in Seoul. It’s the best university for arts programs, I was so happy when I got in, like I finally was worth something. I can’t just throw this opportunity away because I’m, scared right. I’m going to leave and come back a new person with amazing memories and stories to share with everyone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys learned a little about Sun =) Will be updating again soon, either later tonight or tomorrow. While doing my project i came up with a lot of stuff for this fic, so i'm really excited to write it. Please anticipate it~ 

 

Pic cr to: http://cocopop.kr/