a piece of cake

Start of something new

Claudette entered her apartment followed by Sungmin and then, the secretly excited members.

"You could put the cake on the counter." she asked pointing at the counter however no one  was listening. They where all busy gawking at her room. It was a bit larger than theirs. Their eyes scanned her living room until they saw her pictures.

"Wait, isn't that Yang Hyun Suk-Sunbaenim?" Leetuek asked while pointing at their family picture.

Claudette turned to see the cake still in Donghae's hand and all, well except Sungmin who was busily searching her piano sheets, where all looking at her pictures. She looked at the picture and then, at Leeteuk who was staring at her. She smiled and walked over to take the cake from Donghae and said, "Well, he is my godfather..um, he is like my father here in Korea. And, yes, Siwon-ssi, Tae Yang is my best friend." directing the last part to Siwon who was busy staring at the pictures of big bang on her shelf. She was heading back to the kitchen when she was greeted by an unexpected question from Sungmin.

"Claudette-ssi, who is this other guy?"

She totally lost it for a second. She almost dropped the cake but, she got a quick hold of herself and placed the cake on the counter. She was about to answer when Kyuhyun suddenly, "A PS 3?! SERIOUSLY?! CAN I USE IT??" he was so happy and was looking at Claudette like a 3 year old kid,wanting a candy.

"Thank you PS3!" she said to herself, relieved. "Sure, ah.. I'm really sorry I don't know all of you, well, except for Siwon-ssi and Sungmin-ssi but, you can use it. I think Tae Yang and Jiyong bought some games and placed them inside the cabinets."

The relief on her face didn't miss Sungmin's curious gaze. So, he just pretended not to be interested any more and went back to looking at the shelves.

"How, silly of us. Of course, let us introduce ourselves again." Leeteuk said. "I'm Park Jungsu, Leeteuk is my stage name and I'm the leader of this group."

"So, which one should I call you? Jungsu or Leeteuk?" she asked.

"Jungsu would be fine." he smiled.

"Alright, Nice to meet you Jungsu-ssi."

"I'm Kim Heechul." Heechul said before slowly taking a seat on the sofa watching Kyuhyun searching for a game.

"Park Young-woon. But, you can call me yesung." he said while sitting on the stool.

"I'm Kim Ryeowook. And let me help you here in the kitchen." he smiled while getting the cake out of the box.

"Thanks, Ryeowook-ssi. Hello Heechul-ssi, Yesung-ssi."

"Hi! Shindong here." Shindong cheerily said while standing near the counter. "I'm hungry wookie! Ppali!"

"You know us, already." Siwon said while pointing at Sungmin who was still busy on her shelf of piano sheets.

"The one invading your PS3 is Kyuhyun. He is our youngest member." Leeteuk continued. "That's Donghae and Eunhyuk, they are never separated."

"That's 10. But, wait, aren't you supposed to be 13?" she inquired.

"I thought you didn't know us?" Heechul asked,curiously.

"Haha! I heard of you before, I think Taeyang mentioned you but, not your names or what you looked like or your songs. I was just about to start listening to them." she confessed.

They saw a stack of cds on the shelf. Then, Donghae started laughing, "that's why they looked familiar." he said.

"Thank you." Leeteuk said taking a sit on the stool. "I hope you enjoy them."

Ryeowook had finished cutting the cake and so, she just took out 11 saucers and small forks for them to eat.

"The other members are, Kangin-hyung who is in the army right now." Sungmin said while getting his slice. "Kibum is doing his acting workshops and Hankyung-hyung is back in China with his own album." After he said this, Claudette noticed that all members where a bit sad and she wanted to ask what happened but thought that it wouldn't be nice to pry since all of them looked uncomfortable.

"Um, so, Claudette, what about you? Can we ask you something too?" Shindong said, after swallowing his cake.

"Sure. Fire away."

"Are you a Christian?" Siwon asked.

"Nope, I'm a Catholic but, I don't see much difference from it." she replied. "Taeyang took me to one of your services before and I loved it."

Siwon nodded and smiled.

"Um, nuna, what brings you here?" Ryeowook asked.

"I got signed for the Korean production of Cats. I didn't have anything better to do at home so, I grabbed the opportunity plus, I haven't been here for awhile so, I said yes." she explained as she quietly observed them. "They are like Big Bang but, a little bit more playful since all of them have different personalities." she thought.

"What kind of music do you like?" Donghae asked.

"Oh, I like all sorts of music but, I still prefer broadway songs and ballads." she answered.

"What about movies?" Eunhyuk inquired.

"I love musicals-turned-into- movie, romantic-comedy, mystery and action movies. I hate anything that has to do with supernatural things and end of the world crap." she said this after swallowing down her cake. "This is so good, Donghae-ssi."

"Glad you liked it. Sungmin-hyung, said you would." while eating his own slice and admiring Sungmin's choice.

"Actors?" Heechul inquired.

"Hmm...Tom Cruise, is always the best when it comes to different levels of acting. I also love, Julie Andrews." She was quietly observing all of them while eating her cake and answering their questions.

Leeteuk, Yesung, Shindong, Ryeowook and Siwon were all in the kitchen quietly eating their cake; while Kyuhyun, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Heechul were all noisily playing and eating their cake. "Eunhyuk, don't be such a babo!" Heechul said while smacking Eunhyuk's head. She smiled. "Weird, kids..wait, where is Sungmin?" she said after realizing that the cute musical kid (
so, sorry for showing a little bit of being a fan girl) wasn't in her view. She looked around and saw him eating his cake quietly while still rummaging around her piano pieces. She quietly walked over to him and she said, "What are you looking for?" He jumped up. "H-how? When did you get here? Aish, you gave me a heart attack." She looked at him with an amused expression and laughed. "A little jumpy aren't we? I came here by walking from my kitchen. What are you looking for?"

"Nothing. Just something nice. I haven't seen these musicals before." he said while bringing back his gaze to the stand. He was busy thinking about the piano sheets he saw and the picture but, he didn't ask anything. He just asked her something else instead, "Do you have recommendations? I already finished the last ones I borrowed. I'll return them tomorrow."

"No worries. You can have it as long as you wish." she said and then she started looking at the shelves. "This one, "Starlight Express" its from the musical of the same name. It's a nice song, about how God will continue to guide you to your dreams especially if you feel lost. You see the Starlight express, is a train which represents God and your dreams." she handed him the piano sheet and Sungmin stared at it intently. She continued searching for piano sheets while he was still staring at the piano sheet on his left and the plate with the cake on his other hand, and then, his gaze fell on Claudette who was humming happily while looking for other musicals. He remembered the musical sheet he saw awhile ago and then, he asked, "What broadway musical do you like?"

"Me?" still with her back turned. "I like a lot but, I think right now my favorite would be Wicked and for old musicals, it would be, hmmm.." she was about to answer him when suddenly,

"CHEATER!" they turned to look at the people playing and they saw Kyuhyun smiling truimphantly over a beaten Eunhyuk. Heechul was lying on his back on the coach because he couldn't control his laughter. "yah! babo!" he said in between laughs. "You've been beaten for the nth time already and you still complain?!" They all laughed hardest at this. "Here Sungmin-ssi. This is my favorite musical," she handed him the sheet while trying to control her laughter.

"JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT"

She smiled at him sweetly and then, gave him another piano sheet. "I know being an idol can be so tiring and draining. So, try listening to this and then play it on your piano it's nice. It's from the musical Into the woods by Stephen Sondheim. It's called No one is alone. The song is about how you are not alone when you think you are. You have people that makes mistakes but, they still are around because they know that they are not alone." she smiled at him. "Here let me take care of the plate."

She took it and then went over to the rowdy group in her living room and took their plates and headed towards the kitchen. Sungmin stared at the sheet still grasping what she said. How did she know what he was feeling? Maybe it was a wild guess but, he felt something in him that somehow says, she is right.

He was taken out of his thoughts when Leeteuk spoke, "Claudette-ssi, we had disturbed you quite long enough. Thank you and sorry for then inconvenience." He signaled the others and bowed. "It was nothing." she bowed back. "It was nice having you guys over."

"Ah, Claudette-nuna." Kyuhyun said as he gently rubbed his nape. "Can I come over here some time when I dont have a schedule? I really want to finish the game."

"Aish, Kyuhyun!" Heechul said playfully hitting Kyuhyun's back.

"haha! Sure Kyuhyun-ssi. My PS3 needs to be used. Just tell me when." she smiled back.

"Well, good night Claudette-ssi. See you in the morning." Siwon said and they all headed to the door. After the goodnights and thank you's , they watched as Claudette closed her door. They also bid each other good night and reminded themselves that they had an early meeting the next day.Heechul, Leeteuk, Donghae and Shindong headed upstairs while Siwon headed to the elevator to go to his house. Meanwhile, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Yesung and Eunhyuk went in their own dorm. Once, inside they all went to their respective rooms ready to get some rest after feeling refreshed with their two days of rest.

Sungmin stayed awake on his bed while Kyuhyun was busy with his starcraft.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, we need to sleep now. Stop playing." But, as always, Kyuhyun wasn't paying any attention. So Sungmin, seeing it as a lost cause, quietly laid back on his bed and closed his eyes. But, he couldn't fall asleep, he was just staring blankly at the ceiling he heard Kyuhyun curse and he just made a deep sigh and then turned to his side. He was thinking about the conversation he had with Claudette,

"This one, "Starlight Express" its from the musical of the same name. It's a nice song, about how God will continue to guide you to your dreams especially if you feel lost."

"The song is about how you are not alone when you think you are. You have people that makes mistakes but, they still are around because they know that they are not alone."


He doesn't know why her words still ring in his ears. "Should I tell them? No, what the heck, Sungmin! You can solve this on your own. No need to make them worried."

He closed his eyes and after what seemed like forever he fell asleep.

---------------

Claudette finished washing the dishes and went into her room. She had a lot of thoughts about her new neighbors. They where all fun to be with.

"They are different as individuals but, their individualities make them strong as a group." she said to herself. "Topher, did you like my visitors? They are a bit rowdy like Big Bang. I think I handled 5 guys alright, let see about them. 10. hahaha! Good night." She held her necklace again and she closed her eyes but, then she saw Sungmin. The expression he gave her when she was telling him about the song No one is alone.

"He must be going through something." she thought. "I hope the song helps him." she then laid on her side and said hello to dream land.

 

---------------------------

 

Thanks to the new subscriber choKYULate..::)