Confessions

Start of something new

They went out of the dorm and was walking towards the park at the center of their building. Claudette was walking ahead of Sungmin and was busy humming a song that sounded very familiar to him.

Sungmin's POV:

"She's here with me and my heart feels like its going to go out any moment now. I wonder if Taeyang told her everything, maybe he did but not maybe he did. Aish! Pabo Sungmin! You like her right? Why not tell her? Yes, that's it! Tell her!"


Oblivious to what was happening behind her Claudette was also lost in her own world.

Claudette's POV:

"Okay, just ask him. Be brave! Maybe he is that new thing that will be happening here in Seoul. Just ask him, you won't have a piece of mind if you don't hear his answer."

She turned around and saw Sungmin scrunching his forehead, she chuckled and then, "Sungmin oppa, let's go sit on that bench." She pointed to a bench near the fountain which was under a tree. Sungmin just nodded and followed her. As soon as they sat down the snow started to fall.

"So, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" Sungmin asked, he was mentally congratulating himself because he had the courage to sound so confident when he said that.

Claudette looked at him and said, "I want to tell you something."

Sungmin looked at her and smiled telling her that she had his full attention.

"Okay." she inhaled deeply and started, "Youngbae, I mean , Taeyang and I talked last night and he told me that he talked to you and I know, he told you about my fiancee who died before I got here. He was the reason that I broke down when we went to the amusement park. He died after we went there, after he, he, he" tears where now forming in her eyes as she remembered everything. "He proposed to me." she broke down again and Sungmin hugged her letting her show all the feelings she had kept all bottled up. He hugged her tightly. somehow telling her that he was right there for her. After awhile, her hard sobs turned into softer ones and she looked up to meet his eyes. She pulled out of the hug but, took he took her hands and told her to continue.

She inhaled and nodded, "I came here to forget him. I came here to start again but, everything I did, it reminded me of him. It was like that for awhile, until I met you." This seemed to shock Sungmin as his mouth fell open and looked at her.

"Me?"

She nodded. "I like you." she boldly stated earning another shocked look from him. "but, it feels so wrong."

He frowned after hearing that. "Do you still love him?" he asked shakily. She nodded. He sighed, "it's now or never." he said to himself.

"Look, Claudette." he turned her gently to face him. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and he looked gently into it, "I like you too. I know that you feel you are betraying him. But, he wouldn't be too happy if you are holding on to the past too much and not allowing yourself to be happy."

He sighed again and hugged her. "I am not forcing myself on you but, I'm willing to wait." he pulled out of the hug and looked at her eyes. "until you are ready. But, until then, allow me to be with you. Let me help you build new memories here in Korea. It wont be easy but, let us try. Let me try. Jebal?"

She was so grateful to this person in front of her. How can someone she met only for a few months make her feel as if she is the most important person in the world. Tears started flowing freely and she wiped then buried her face in Sungmin's chest as he continued to her back lovingly. They have no idea what the future has for them but, Sungmin was confident that things will get better. He had found the reason for doing the things that he ahd been doing. The person in his arms right now, is his inspiration.

And so, the snow continued to fall on these two new found lovers.