stepping one more step closer

Start of something new

 

While Donghae was busy planning with the rest of the Super Junior members, Sungmin was having the time of his life with Claudette. He was staring at her while she was busy talking to one of the people she was with in the play. He had just witnessed the rehersal for Cats and he saw a different side of her. When she moved and sang, he felt everything. 
 
"I used to be like that when I performed." he thought. "I never thought I'd lose that kind of inspiration and energy. What the hell happened to me?" He silently turned away and went out.
 
On the other side of the room, Marie and Claudette where talking intensely. 
 
"So, when did he get to ask you out?" Marie asked excitedly.
 
"Officially? We haven't been out on a date. But, I guess breakfast this morning would count." Claudette smiled and remembered the breakfast Sungmin had cooked for her. 
 
"He took you out for breakfast? Where did he take you? Cafe Bene? Starbucks?"
 
Claudette laughed and then said, "Even better. He made it."
 
"SERIOUSLY!!! OH. MY. GOSH!!! That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!!!!"
 
They were busy laughing when she noticed Sungmin getting out of the room. She was about to follow him when their director came back and made them reherse again. Mentally taking note to ask him, she went and rehersed. As soon as they where over, Sungmin still hadn't returned. 
 
"Marie, I'mma look for him real quick." She quickly took her bag and jacket and went out. 
 
"Where could he be?" she asked herself. She thought of a place where it was serene and she remembered the giant music room. It was always left unlocked and it had a grand piano in it. "Surely, he'd be there. I'm positive." She hurried towards the far end of the corridor and turned left. As soon as she had turned, she heard soft music coming out of the music room. "Perfect." she said and went towards the door, She opened it and saw Sungmin playing the piano. He was playing Super Junior's Miracle and humming to it.
 
"I love that song, you know?" she said and surprised Sungmin.
 
"Rehersals are done? So, let's go home?" he asked slowly standing up but, Claudette made him sit back down and sat beside him.
 
"Can you play some more?" she asked.
 
"sure. anything for you." he answered but, Claudette's hand held his and said, "not for me, Sungmin. But, play something for you."
 
He was taken aback with the request and had no idea how to respond. He looked at her and then at the piano and then back at her. He  took her hands and held it in his and lowered his head. She was about to ask why, when she felt something wet. She looked closely and Sungmin was crying. As confused as she was he pulled him to her and hugged him. Sungmin was sobbing so hard now. "Shh.. Sungmin, I'm just here. What's going on?" She cupped his cheeks and made him look at her. "Please tell me what's wrong."
 
He looked at her and a few more drops came from his eyes and he held both her hands in his and closed his eyes. As he opened his eyes, he saw the way she gave him her attention. She was silent. He was silent. And then, he looked at the piano and gently he took his face out of her hands and touched the keys of the piano. He closed his eyes and inhaled and exhaled. He started to play a very beautiful Canon. She watched him intently and saw his eyes closed with tears still falling and then, the way his hands moved like water against the keys. And when, he opened his eyes, he slowly played, True Light by Shuuichi Miyamoto. (OST from the Anime, D.N. Angel.) 
 
Kanashii hodo hikari daa
Shiroi yami kirisaku tsubasa ni nare
 
Tsumetai taiyou ni terasareteta
kainara sareta jiyuu ga atta
kagami ni utsutta kiseki no yoru
MASUKU o hazushi hajime ta My Soul
 
Kuzure te yuku abe no mukou wa
zetsubou mo kibou mo onaji kao suru
mita sare nai kokoro aru nara
tobi tateru shuumatsu no PUROROOGU e
 
He then looked at her and then turned back to look at the empty seats in the music room and continued singing. 
 
Yaiba no you na kaze fuku sekai
mamoru beki mono wa nan nano ka?
hitotsu hitotsu itami o shiru tabi
hontou no jibun eto chikazuku
 
Kie yuku Fake Light
umare yuku True Light
kono te ni...
 
Shiroku somaru yami tsuki nukete
atarashii jidai o kizami tsuzukero
toki wa naa kokoro no mama ni
hateshi naku tsuzui teku byaku ya o tobe
 
He was still playing the melody when he spoke, "I never thought I'd find myself lost in wanting to perform. I had always dreamt of it after watching H.O.T. perform. Everything was perfect when I debuted with Super Junior. I loved it. But, as schedules got really full and the control of SM got too much, I felt myself to starting to lose it. The will. The want. I still performed for the sake of the fans and the members but, not for myself anymore. I was casted in musicals, in dramas, in a movie. I recorded. I performed but, still something was off once the light dimmed and I'm sitting on the van. I just want to find it again. I just want to find the Lee Sungmin that loved to perform. When I saw you perform awhile ago, with that passion. I got jealous and wanted to find it again."
 
She looked at him with understanding eyes and placed her head on his shoulder. He stopped playing and leant his head on hers and held her hand, They stayed like that in the middle of the music room, on stage, by the piano.