Finally they meet

Start of something new

Sungmin's POV

"BEEP! BEEP!"

"Stupid Alarm!" Sungmin muttered as he turned off his alarm, it was 5:45 in the morning. Sungmin had always been an early riser even though it was their day off. He yawned and stretched out of bed. As he crosses, his room he saw Kyuhyun asleep in front of his computer. Shaking his head he went over to him and carried him off to his bed. He gently laid him down and covered him up.

"I'm close! Dang it!" Kyuhyun suddenly shouted, which in turn suprised his hyung.

"Aish this kid! even in his dreams." was all he could say as he turned off the computer and went to the bath room to freshen up. After wards, he went to the kitchen silently as to not disturb the other members that where sleeping in the living room with the TV on.

"Oh, wait, these people." he shaked his head, while steathily moving about to find the remote and turn it off. Sprawled on the floor where Donghae who had his head resting on Eunhyuk's lap, and then Yesung sleeping on his tummy with a pillow tucked under and Siwon, who was sleeping on the coach he sat on last night. He finally found it on top of the sleeping Ryeowook who was peacefully sleeping on his back on the other couch. Shindong was asleep on the floor next to Ryeowook with his head resting on the coffee table. He took it swiftly and turned it off. It turns out that Ryeowook and Yesung got kicked out of the room by their hyungs, who were now peacefully snoring with the door ajar in their room.

"Super Junior never fails to amaze their fans and even themselves." Sungmin said to himself as he made himself a cup of coffee. After pouring it on his pink bunny mug, he went out, making sure he was warm after all, it was still a bit chilly, it looked like winter was getting longer and longer. As he closed the door gently, his eyes caught the door in front of him, he wondered how she is feeling being away from home. He shrugged that thought and headed for the elevator. He had his own problems to deal with. He headed towards a bench in the park in between the buildings of Sharp City. He breathed in the fresh morning air that trees where giving him. He had been in this industry for almost 5 years and a couple of months. He had been training for god knows how long since this was his dream after watching HOT's concert.

"It has been a long time." he said to himself.

He drank from his mug and looked at the passing people. It was early so no one would come and bother him with his thoughts. He enjoyed what he was doing, performing and writing songs. It was just pure joy but, lately, it felt tiring. It seemed that it became a routine and not something he wanted to do because he enjoyed it but, because he had to.

"When did it turn out like this?" he said. "We used to have fun but then, Hankyung hyung had to go and then Dong Bang Shin Ki had to separate. I don't know what's gonna be happening to us in the future." he drank his coffee and looked at the sky where the sun rise was giving it a beautiful glow.

"Mornings are supposed to mean the start of something new but, why does it feel that its telling me that it will be the end of something else?" he chugged down the last few drops of coffee and he went back to the apartment. He bowed down to the receptionist as he went in and was about to close the elevator door when he heard someone shout,

"Chakamanyo!" he suddenly pressed the open button to help that person.

She was carrying some paperbags and was gasping for breath when she came in. She smiled at him and pressed the 11th floor. He was still staring at her when she spoke to him, "you didn't press your floor." This snapped him out of his reverie and was about to press his floor when he noticed it was already pressed. "Oh, I think we are getting off on the same floor." he said with a smile. "Oh, that's nice." she said and she went to check on her bags. "You must be the new girl that Siwon met yesterday?" he asked her. "Oh, Siwon-ssi. Yea, that would be me, I guess. Are you also part of Super Junior? I'm so sorry I'm not really that aware with KPOP." she said noticing that he suddenly became sad. "Oh, that's fine. I'm Lee Sungmin." he smiled, offering her his hand. "I'm Claudette Yang. Hmm, Sungmin? oh, weren't you in a few musicals?" her face lit up as the same as his. "Oh, yeah." "Was it Hong Gil Dong and Akilla?" "Oh yes. How did you?" "How did I find out? I love musicals and when I went here in Korea in 2009 I saw Akilla. I really loved your voice and how you acted as Ro." His eyes lit up and they where having a grand conversation about musicals. Sungmin found out that she was a musical actress herself and showed his excitement. He wanted to be known as a theater actor too but, it was a bit difficult to break from the idol image. Just as he was enjoying the conversation, the elevator door opened. She was about to carry her bags when Sungmin took them suprising her. "Oh, you don't have to." "I insist." and he went out carrying the paper bags. She was about to say thank you when, "Haru Haru, Mudyeojyeogane" her phone rang. "Just a sec," she said and answered her phone. "Yeoboseyo? oh, appa. I got it. Kamsahapnida. I'll call you when I get there. It'll be around 8:30. Neh, Annyeong. Sarangheyo!" she ended the call and faced him. "Kamsahapnida, Sungmin-ssi." she bowed and she started to unlock her door. "Oh, did you have breakfast yet?" she asked him. He held up his mug, simply saying coffee is my breakfast." "Haha. That's not breakfast you know?" she said, shaking her head. He smiled at her and he said, "Ryeowook isn't awake yet so, I have to wait." "Oh, well, um, I made breakfast and I think it'll be enough for us two. Would you care to join me?" she asked. He stared at her. "Oh, and we can talk about broadway." she added quickly. "I have some piano pieces from different musicals you can look at." She was so happy to finally found someone who understand musicals. Young Bae, does support her but, he had no interest with these things. So, having someone on the same wave length was great. "Piano pieces? Do you Phantom of the opera?" he smiled, he was acting like a five year old kid presented with a new toy. "You looked cute." she said, amused and she opened the door and invited her in. "Oh you can use, my best friend's slippers. I haven't shopped yet so, I don't have enough slippers." she said placing the paper bags on the side of the shoe rack and pointing into a rilakkuma slippers. He took it and he went in. "I'll be right back. Make yourself at home." She said as she went to her room to put the paper bags and went back in. The heater was on, so Sungmin took of his jacket and placed it on the chair. He was amazed with the pictures and then, he saw familiar faces. "Yang Hyun Suk? Seungri-ssi?" he said as he saw the picture of Big Bang and the potrait. "Oh, yea, Yang Hyun Suk is my godfather and Seungri is a close friend of mine." she said as she went out her room and saw Sungmin staring at her pictures. She went to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. "Sungmin-ssi, the piano pieces are over there at the left book shelf. Go help yourself. Borrow as much as you want." Sungmin then looked at the piano sheets in front of him. They where all interesting. He found it easy to pick what he wanted since they where arranged by which songs went to which musical. As he was helping himself, Claudette went over her iPod dock and placed her iPod in it and played it. The song "Learn to be lonely" from the Phantom of the Opera started playing. It was a nice scene to look at if ever you manage to open the door, both them where humming the same song. It suited their situation perfectly.

"Never dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you
You’ve always known your heart was on its own

So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness
Learn to Be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone"


"Hey, Sungmin-ssi. Breakfast's ready." Sungmin looked up and held up like a handful of piano pieces and went to the kitchen counter. "Want another cup?" holding out the coffee pot. "Yes, please." and he sat himself on the counter while she refilled his drink. Claudette placed two plates on in front of Sungmin and the next is on his left. She then placed the pancakes. "here is the butter, non-fat," she said. "I don't want an idol to gain weight. They might bust you in the gym." "How do you.." "Tae Yang." She said pointing to the picture that was placed on the floor near the window. "My best friend. He loved to eat so, his trainer would give him very hard things to do." She then, placed the syrup and then, went to sit next to him. "Are you sure its okay for me to borrow all of these?" he asked. "Yes. No worries. It would be nice if they are put to use. They just stay in that book shelf and since, I can't play any instrument I just use it to check on my notes when I'm singing."

"And then I feel a change, like a fire deep inside
Something bursting me wide open, impossible to hide
And suddenly I'm flying, flying like a bird
Like Electricity, electricity
Sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free"


Sungmin looked at the iPod and then, back to Claudette. "What musical is that from?"

"That one is from Billy Elliot its called Electricity. it has a nice feel to it, right? It's like letting you free to do things. To start something positively." It was a good thing that she wasnt facing Sungmin or else, he would have seen the sudden change in her eyes.

Sungmin looked at her and then back to the iPod and then went back to eating the pancakes and as he was about to reply his phone rang.

"It's Kyu. Excuse me." he said and she nodded and she ate her pancakes as he walked towards the window. "Hyung! Where are you?" his maknae asked rather sleepily. "Why?" "Well, Leeteuk hyung was looking for you. He said that he saw you entering the neighbor's apartment. He wants a full report now." "Oh, he did. Yea, tell you later." "Oh, and Wookie wants to know if you had breakfast already?" He heard loud laughter from the other line. "What the?! Yes, and its not the kind of breakfast you prevs are thinking." he whispered the last part so that Claudette wouldn't hear anything. "Look I gotta go. See you in awhile." and he hanged up before other things get to their minds. He turned and finished the rest of his pancakes.

"I'm sorry. I have to go."

"No worries." She said standing up and walking him to the door.

"I'm really happy you lent me these. Kamsahapnida."

"It's no biggie. Just tell me if you need anything else, okay?"

He nodded and as he was heading out the door. He turned around and asked her, "Would you like to meet the rest?"

"Oh, now is not a good idea. Sorry. I have to run to rehersals. Maybe next time?" she said feeling a bit sorry for he suddenly had a sad face but, lit up when she said next time. This made her smile. He bowed and opened the door and bid her goodbye. He hurriedly opened the other door and went in.

"LEE SUNGMIN!!!" Heechul shouted. This startled Sungmin a bit and its a good thing his coffee mug didn't have any coffee in it anymore. "Where have you been?! You could've left us a note or a text message." he continued.

"Hyung, can you chill for a sec?" he said. He went to the sink and placed his mug in the sink.

"So, Minnie-hyung, what happened to you next door?" Siwon asked. He was leaning on the counter holding his coffee on his left and a Bible on his right.

"Oh, that." So Sungmin recalled the events that happened that morning while carefully leaving out the main reason why he went outside that morning. Everyone marveled at the shy Sungmin, he showed them her musical pieces and he boasted on how she had watched him in his musicals. They all looked at each other and then, back to him, and then they heard the door close next door. Leeteuk, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Shindong all rushed towards the door and opened their door a little. Sungmin, Siwon, Kyuhyum, Yesung and Ryeowook stood at back looking quite amused at them. They where looking at Claudette locking her door when Kyuhyun, being the evil maknae that he was, decided to play a little trick on his hyungs. He went closer to them. He heard Sungmin say, "here he goes again." He chukled and then he suddenly pushed his hyungs which ended with the door opening widely revealing all 5 them on top of each other. Donghae underneath while Shindong was on top of them all. This suprised them and Claudette. She looked at them and then to Siwon and Sungmin with a questioning look. She bent down and asked, "Gwenchanayo?" "Neh." they all nodded quite red in the face. "Oh, okay. But, I think you should get off each other because he looks like his about to die." she said pointing at Donghae who was struggling. They all looked at each other and then helped each other up. They bowed to her and she bowed back. "Annyeong Haseyo." Leeteuk greeted her. "We SyupahJunio-oh!" All five of them said. "Annyeong Haseyo. Claudette Yang imnida. It's to meet everyone." She smiled. "But, I'd really love to stay and chat but, I'm running very late. I hope you guys are okay though." She looked at them apologetically. "I've got to run now. Nice to meet you guys again." she bowed down. "Annyeong." She rushed towards the elevator and pressed the down button. The door opened at once and she entered, she waved at them and the door closed.

"She's pretty." They all said together. "Who? the elevator or the the girl?" Kyuhyun smirked at them. "Yah, you pushed us." After saying that, Kyuhyun ran for his life to be only followed by the five boys. Siwon just sighed and went back to reading his bible. Ryeowook went back to the kitchen while, Yesung closed the door and soon after followed Ryeowook. Sungmin, meanwhile, went to his room and started practising the piano pieces he had borrowed.

 

---------------------------------------

 

I had no idea how to let her and Sungmin meet...So, I this just came out of my mind...

 

@pinaywriter: Kamsahapnida for the comment.

Thanks to the new subscribers..@forevershinee and @tbhsapphire

@curiositybites: tell me what you think of the Sharp City part. :)

 

Silent readers, thanks for viewing..I hope you can subscribe or share your thoughts about the story so I can improve it..:) Thanks...