dreaming

Start of something new

 

Setting: Claudette’s dream

The night was silent and the weather was just right as the two best friends drifted off to sleep after sharing their feelings. Young Bae seems to be having a good dream while Claudette on the other hand is having an interesting one.

“Where the hell am I?” she asked herself. She was in a meadow. She looked around and all she can see were grass. She walked a little bit further and she saw a silhouette of a person. She went over to that person and was about to tap his shoulder when he stood up and laughed. The laugh sounded so familiar to her. It sent her heart fluttering as she said, “Topher?” The person in front of her turned to face her. “Oh, hey, princess.” He said and he smiled as he hugged her. She was so surprised with who was in front of her that she didn’t even notice that he broke of the hug and was now staring at her with a confused expression. “You okay, baby?” he asked. She blinked her eyes and touched his face gently. She knew by heart the shape of that face. Tears were slowly falling down her face and he wiped them while smiling at her. “I’m so sorry.” was all that she could say. “Why are you saying sorry? Silly girl. Come with me, I know how you love swings and I saw a perfect one right over there.” He said pointing at a distance. He took her hand and led her there. Claudette was stunned but, walked with him. She felt so happy that after such a long time, 3 months to be exact she was holding again the hands that made her feel safe. He led her into one of the swings. They sat together while not removing their entwined hands. She sighed and said, “You know what, if this is a dream, and I’m so sure it is, I don’t want to wake up anymore.” She looked at their entwined hands and then up to his face, and his eyes. “It’s been hell, you know that? You left me without warning. You made me go through something that you promised would never happen. I, I needed to be strong on my own, those castles in the air that we built begun to crumble right in front of me and I was helpless.” She couldn’t help but let the tears fall. She needed to tell him. She needed him to know. He let go of her hand and walked over to her. He knelt down and cupped her face and giving her soft kiss on her lips and then hugged her. “I know.” He assured her. “I know how hard it was. I’m so sorry. I wanted to be there for you but, I guess there will be another time and place for us.” He looked at her. “You are now in a new place. This is the start of something new. You know, like kindergarten. I know you are worried that you’d forget about me but, princess, Claudette, don’t think about that. I am always with you. I’m so proud that you are still smiling and living. And I know, things will turn out okay in the end.” He kissed her forehead and smiled again at her. “Now, can you stop crying? You wouldn’t want to worry Mr. Yang or Young Bae right? Cause I think right now, his shirt might be all soaked and is trying to wake you up.” “haha! Silly me.” That laugh felt so right. “I’ll try. I know I have you by my side so, things will be easier.” Clinging to her necklace and facing him with a smile. “Atta girl! My princess doesn’t really need a prince to save her.” “Now, why not try pushing this swing so that I could feel the rush of the wind.” “Sure thing.” And with that he stood up and started pushing her. It just felt so good. The scene was like a pure vision of happiness. Their laughter blended with the soft grazes of the wind with the grass. And then, all of a sudden she felt alone. She looked back and he was gone. She stopped the swing. She felt the wind and sat there quietly and looked at the vastness of the meadow, the birds and butterflies flying all around. “I guess this is what Langdon felt when Jamie died.” She said to herself with a chuckle. “My love is like the wind. You can’t see it but you can feel it. I suddenly have this urge to watch a Walk to Remember.” She stood up and walked down the meadow. She just felt so good but, lonely. She knew that there was something missing. And what made it much more unbearable is that she also knew that she can no longer find that missing piece. She walked and walked and walked and finally saw a beach with the sun setting. “How can you be so beautiful when you it also means ending a good day?” she sighed.

Young Bae woke up abruptly feeling something cold. He looked and saw Claudette crying. He was worried, he was about to wake up when he saw her smile and laugh. He stared at her and whispered to himself, “Topher, if you are in there with her. Let her have good dreams.” He kissed her head slightly and went back to sleep.

After a few minutes, Claudette eyes opened and she slowly stood up. She was careful not to wake Young Bae as she knew he needed much more sleep then her. She went to the bathroom, freshened up. When she got out the sun was already out. It was 6:45 am. The sun rise was breath taking; she looked outside her window and sighed. She couldn’t remember the exact dream that she had. But, when she looked at the swing outside the garden, she smiled and held her necklace, “Hey mister, I know you invaded my dreams again. But, thank you, I’m off to shop now.” She kissed her necklace and went inside. “DONG YOUNG BAE! DONG YOUNG BAE! DONG YOUNG BAE! Paging DONG YOUNG BAE! Please open up your eyes and see the sun. Its time to become a very good best friend and help me shop!” she shouted as he shook the poor mohawked boy awake. “What the?! Aigoo, Claudette! It’s still so early.” He slumped back and covered himself with the blanket. “I wouldn’t have that!” she said as she yanked the blanket. Startling the poor Young Bae with the coldness of the morning, she forgot to close the window and now, the poor idol was shivering and had no choice but to stand up. “Aish!” she said as she headed towards the door. “Is this the great Tae Yang? I wonder what will the VIPs say when they see you like this? Hurry up and get dressed. You need all of your strength today because this will be so much tougher than dancing.” And then she closed the door, leaving Young Bae scratching his head. He looked at the picture on the side of the bed. It was a picture of a long haired girl hugging a man taller than her. He took it fron the stand and said, “If you are the reason why she is so energetic right now, Thank you. She needs to find new things to keep her busy. Thanks for watching her form wherever you are.” He placed the framed picture back down and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. Today was officially Claudette’s first day in her new home and he wanted to make it special for her.

After an hour, Claudette together with her godparents, their baby and Young Bae rode the van and headed out to the shopping district of Seoul. Their first stop would be her new apartment so that they can figure out what it needs and where to get it.

What they all didn’t know was that this day would be really a different one especially for Claudette.

-------------------------

Thanks for the people that are reading this. I will really try and update faster if I get the ideas all together in my head. 

Thanks for all those who are reading and subscribed. 

Comments would also be nice to read..hehehe..but, anyway, THANKS for reading. ^_^..