saying it

Start of something new

Both Claudette and Sungmin couldn't understand why they were suddenly so nervous as soon as they closed their doors. It was like that high school feeling you get when you see your crush.

Claudette smiled to herself and proceeded to her kitchen to get the coffee machine working and to see what things she has left in her fridge. She saw that there were some eggs, bacon, butter, milk and bread. Some french toast with bacon and eggs sounds good to her and started busying herself.

Meanwhile, Sungmin was like a dazed monkey. Ryeowook saw the daze look and just smiled to himself. He went straight up and shouted, "LEE SUNGMIN!!!"

"Yah! Kim Ryeowook! Why'd you that for?" Sungmin asked completely startled.

"Well, you were like in another dimension. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess. Wait, do I look okay? Like my outfit? What do you think?"

While Sungmin was busy making a fuss over himself, Ryeowook was almost jumping out of his shell. "OH MY GOD! Are you going on a date this early hyung???"

He just nodded and Ryeowook started squealing like a girl and started shaking Sungmin out of his excitement.

"Change clothes. Now." They turned to look and saw Kyuhyun staring at them with a bored expression. "You know, it's rude to keep her waiting right? Are you the girl in this relationship?"

Ryeowook started laughing. Sungmin started running to change clothes. Kyuhyun just headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Just as Ryeowook was heading to the kitchen, a zooming Sungmin came out of his room and out the door. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun just stared and shrugged but, silently wished their brother luck.

-----

Sungmin nervously inhaled and exhaled as he pressed the doorbell. A muffled sound that seemed like "coming" was heard from the other side. As soon as, he heard the locks being turned, his heart started accelerating and he swore he could have fainted if it weren't for that beautiful smile that Claudette gave him. She asked him to go inside as she went to the kitchen to check on her french toasts.

"The bacon smells good." he remarked.

"I almost burnt it so, stop lying." she responded with a giggle. He giggled back and the atmosphere felt just so right.

"Okay, Mr. Idol Star, please sit down and breakfast is served." She then, placed two plates with bacon and french toast with a cup of coffee. They ate in silence and then, washed the dishes together. They headed to the living room and sat right beside each other. It was Sungmin who decided to break the silence, "Claudette."

She turned to him and waited for what he was about to say.

"I don't really know how to say this and how you'd react but, I think if I don't I'll be losing my chance. I know that you can't forget about him, and I'm not gonna ask you to but, what I'm actually saying is that I like you. Like, really really like you. I enjoy your company. I enjoy your stories. I enjoy your laugh. I enjoy everything about you." He starts taking her hands in his and then, looked at it for awhile before going back and to look straight into her eyes. "I hope that you'd give me a chance. Give US a chance. I may not know you the way Topher did nor could I give you the privacy that you are used to, after you allow us to be together but, I'll protect you. I'll never let you down or leave you. I'll be supportive and have an open mind about everything. I know you don't like promises so, I'm giving you my commitment. Please take a chance on me. I, sincerely, love you."

And then, there was silence. Sungmin couldn't look at her and just stayed bowed down looking at their hands. Suddenly. she linked their hands together and said, "Look, it's a perfect fit." Sungmin eyes widened and looked back at her.

She smiled at him and touched his face. "That was a quite a speech, oppa. A long one but, sincere. Thank you for feeling that way about me and giving me a commitment. But,"

Sungmin started sweating when he heard the "but", he knew this was too fast. He knew she couldn't be that ready. He knew it but, he tried.

"Yes."

Sungmin's thoughts halted and looked at her and said, "I'm sorry what?"

"Yes." She giggled. "I said, yes, oppa. We can give US a chance. I like you too and I wanna feel how to love agian. Let's just get this over with and start today with being together. I wanna try everything that comes with falling for you."

He was happy. He was doing all sorts of cart wheels and tumblings in his head.

"Can I hug you now?"

"HAHAHA! Sure oppa."

He hugged her tightly and kissed her hair. "You made this the best Christmas EVER!"

"Shall we go tell your brothers?"

"Call Taeyang first."

"Okay." She picked up her phone and video called Taeyang. She had to use one hand for dialing since Sungmin wouldn't let go of her hand. As they waited for Taeyang to pick up. She felt that their hands are just right where they should be.

"Yea..?" sleepy voice

"Get up, Youngbae!" She shouted. "you're not so good looking like that."

"Why are you disturbing me?"

She suddenly took their hands up and showed it to him.

"You're together now?"

"Yep."

"Okay. Good. Night."

Call ended.

"what a dimwit!" she snarled at her phone.

Sungmin couldn't help but, chuckle at her. "So, it's their turn now?"

She nodded and they headed out holding hands to the apartment next door.