tears

Start of something new

"Taeyang came back after talking with Sungmin and he seems so lost in thought. He maybe goofing around with us but, there is something a miss. What did they talk about? Is Sungmin okay?" Claudette had been observing Taeyang since he came back after the talk he had with Sungmin. She decided that they would talk later.

"Yawn!" Jiyong stretched out. "I'm sleepy. I'm off to bed now. Good night Ah-ki!" He said as he walked over to Claudette who was sitting on one of the stools and gave her a hug.

She chuckled and hugged back, "See you in the morning, GD."

He just nodded and headed to the room.

"Hyung, wait!" Seung ri said blowing a flying kiss and running after Jiyong.

"Jal-ja dongsaeng." TOP said as he hugged Claudette.

"Jal-ja oppa!"

"Night! night!" Daesung shouted as he walked over to the room.

Then, it was just Taeyang and her. Taeyang stood from the couch, held out his hand and they walked to her bed room. Once they where in her room.

"Okay, Dong Youngbae, you better spill it out or else I will really hurt you." folding her arms across her chest.

Taeyang looked at her and sighed. "I'm just tired Claude."

"Really? and you expect me to believe that?!"

"Can you just quit it?!" Taeyang shouted back. They were both glaring at each other. No one was moving. Claudette was near her bed and her arms on her waist now and Taeyang was near the window with his fists clenched on his side.

"Taeyang. What is the matter?" Claudette suddenly sounding soft. "I want to help. I haven't been there for you for so long and I want to help you now."

He closed his eyes and sighed. "If I ask you something will you give me an honest answer?"

She was suprised by the question but, nodded.

"Are you over Topher?"

"Say what?!" she asked surprised.

"Are you over him?"

"We never talked about him." she said turning her back from him.

"You never answered the question, yeobo. Please."

"I - I- I-" she was struggling. She didn't know how to answer that question. She was struggling with herself. She was not sure. "I don't know."

Silence.

"I don't know. There are times when I'm alone that I miss him. That I try to find ways to make me remember him and when, I do, it suddenly hurts."

"When does it go away?" He knew the answer but, he just wanted to be sure.

"Sungmin."

Taeyang nodded. He knew it. He was right when, he told Sungmin that there was a connection. He also knew that he liked his best friend but, he is just too afraid to step on uncharted waters.

"Hyung? Why?"

"I have no idea." she turned and faced him. She then sat on the couch, Taeyang slowly sat on the floor. They where both facing the bed, Taeyang on the floor and Claudette on the couch.

"I just feel happy when I'm with him. The second I feel that, I instantly scold myself. It's unfair that I feel happy." she quietly said, still staring at the bed.

Taeyang let out a sigh before he said, "What's unfair if you are happy? He wouldn't want you sulking away for the rest of your life, Claude."

"I know. But, it would be unfair for him because I still can't forget."

"I see."

"I like Sungmin. He is just great. He always come at the right time. But, he has no clue about me. I never told him and I don't have the courage to do so." she sighed and lied down on the couch. "I know he told you about the incident earlier, young bae."

He nodded silently, still looking straight.

"He was worried, I told him not to tell you." she laughed. "Theme parks."

"Why not go with him?"

"Say what?!"

"Tell him about Topher and then, ask him to go to the Theme park." he then, turned around and faced her. "Claudette, I know you like the back of my hand and I can tell, you like him and you are just scared because of your past. He'd understand. He wont force you to do something you don't like."

She sat up and looked at Young Bae. He was dead serious. It was in his eyes.

"I-I-"

"Don't you dare tell me that you don't know. Jiyong also observed it."

She got startled. She had so many thoughts in her head. She recalled the first time she met him. The time when she came home tired from rehearsal and Sungmin was waiting for her at the lobby and carried her things for her and also cooked dinner. She admitted that those things made her smile. She felt important and wanted. She liked the feeling of being taken cared of but, she still had Topher in her. She wasn't even sure if he was just doing it out of kindness or because he liked her too.

Taeyang saw how lost she was in her own world. He stood up and then broke her trance with what he said, "Thinking too much, yeobo. Stop analyzing and start going with the flow. It wouldn't hurt to try again. All things happen for a reason and they are all there to teach something."

She suddenly gave Taeyang a back hug and broke down. "I-I-I never got to say goooo-ood  *sob* to hi-i-m" Taeyang turned around and hugged her tightly.

"Let it all out. I'm here. I'm your best friend, I have the right to see you like this." he patted her back and whispered these words softly and she just broke down.

"I-I've bee-een pretending. *sobs* that I'm f-f-fine. Tha-a-at I'm okaa-ay. You-ng Bae, I'm *sobs* not. I-I-I mi-iss hi-i-im a lot."

She felt her knees weaken and it was a good thing that Youngbae was holding her tightly or else she would have slumped down. He just gently led her to the bed and sat down, with her still crying so hard. He knew it. He just wanted her to admit it herself. It's been over a year now and he needed her to realise it herself. The sobs went out silently and then she fell asleep. He gently laid her down on the bed and then, went to his side. He took one last look before also going to sleep.