New place

Start of something new

 

The drive to sharp city wasn’t a long one. The driver parked their car and out they went. Claudette couldn’t believe how beautiful her place would be. It was near the Han River, it had her favourite 7-11 that she can walk over any time, and the place was surrounded by trees. It was wonderful. Young Bae tugged her hand and signalled her to go in. They went in the elevator and her god father pressed the 11th floor. She was excited.

“Hey, sunbae, someone here is excited.” Young Bae said as he was trying to hold in his laugh.

They all turned to look at Claudette; she had that kindergarten look that reminded you of the first day to school. After a while she noticed them all looking at her and she asked, “What’s wrong about that? This is so great! My first try to live alone. Plus, the whole place is extraordinary. Kamsahapnida appa!”

The elevator dinged and that was their alarm to get out and check out the whole place. When they got out, Claudette saw a wall filled with writings. She turned to look at Young Bae, who was also looking at the wall.

“Appa am I living in this floor with celebrities?” she asked as they walked over to her door. It was right across the door of the people who owned the vandalized wall. “Neh,” he said. “I had to pick this one because of this...” he said and as he opened the door, the first thing Claudette noticed was the view. The windows showed an excellent view. One part was showing her the busy city and the other part was showing her the Han River. “Well, then, I wouldn’t argue about anything now.” She exclaimed while roaming around her apartment. They went about the rooms. It was a typical apartment in Korea. Once you entered the door you will be greeted by the living room which had the kitchen on the other side of it, and then there’s this hallway that led to the two bedrooms, a laundry area and a bathroom just across her bedroom. The sun can be seen. “Uh, Ah-Ki” her godmother said. “Yes? Umma.” She said and walked over to her, who was standing in the living room. “The other thing I liked about this is the sun.” she began. “You can see the sun rise in the kitchen and the sun set in your bed room. So, I think the first thing you would need in this place would be the TV, DVD player, Computer and then, “she walked over to the kitchen, “pots and pans. Fridge. Hmm…” “Oh, food and a dining table, sofa” Claudette said as she was mentally taking notes of all the things they were talking about.  They were almost done with the list when her god father and their baby together with Young Bae, poked their heads in and said, “No need for the appliances. I had all of them ordered and they should be arriving soon. The only thing I left out is her bed and the grocery things.” “Cause she will throw a fit if we get her something she doesn’t like.” Young Bae said causing all of them to laugh and a good punch on his shoulder by Claudette. They were still laughing when the doorbell rang. “Oh, that must be the delivery guys.” Young Bae said as he rushed to the door. “Here, appa let me carry your princess for a while.” Claudette offered and carried the baby. True enough, it was the delivery of the appliances they had ordered. That morning was filled with fixing the appliances where it should be. “Ah-Ki,” her godmother said as they walked over to the threshold, “we thought of having it Zen themed, since you do like martial arts and you do yoga. So I thought it would suit your personality perfectly. “Oh, jjinja? Thanks umma. I think it would be perfect.” She replied as she watched the men come in with the appliances. And immediately, all the appliances were placed in the right order. The coach was a black leathered coach that had the L shape. It was facing her newly built LCD TV that was strongly bound up to the wall and below, it was her a black colored shelf that had her DVD player with a Nintendo Wii and a PS3. And on either side of the small rack where 2 DVD racks one white, which is on the right and one black which is on the left. Her kitchen now houses, a lot pots and pans, an electronic stove with a ventilator on top of it and an oven below; a microwave and oven toaster on the right side while all the knives and other things used for cooking are on the left side. Her fridge was on the far right corner; it was two-door and has its own water filter. If we move further down the hall, the laundry room now houses the washing machine and dryer side by side, the ironing board was neatly tucked in its place and beside it was the iron and steamer. (NOTE: her laundry room is like a small room so, it’s not really cramped) Her guestroom which was adjacent to the laundry room already had a bed and a bedside table with a lamp. So, they just added in a computer table, a dresser and a closet, of course all of it following the Zen theme.

Claudette walked into her supposed to be room which was empty. She looked at the walls then at the window. It was really spacious with a walk-in closet inside. She explored the room while imagining where she would put her stuff. “I think I’ll put my bed right in the centre.” She said to herself while pointing at the centre of the room. The doors to her walk in closet were on either side. “I’ll place my dresser, right over here.” She looked at the place on the left side near the door of the walk-in closet and the window. It was just the perfect corner. Afterwards, she looked around and saw the wall, “my computer table goes here.” She roamed around until she heard a knock on the door. She spun around and saw her godfather standing at the door, which she left ajar.

“so, ah-ki. Have you decided what you need for your chambers?” he asked as he went inside. “Yep,” she said with a smile. “Appa, kamsahapnida. You have been giving so much already. I mean, the Cats thing was something and now, this apartment is simply breathtaking.” She walked over to him and gave him a big tight hug. “Well, ah-ki. Your parents sent me some money too, so this is like both our gift for you. They wanted you to have a good time here in Korea. They were so worried about you when he died.” She flinched when he mentioned it and she went over the window looking out the Han River and the busy streets of Seoul. “I think, we all have the same wish that somehow, things will turn out for the best. Now, that you are far from there. “ She breathed in and said to him, “I know, I had a rough time. I guess it was harder for them but, I know one thing I need is time. How much time? It’s something I have no idea with, but appa, I think it will come. After all, remember what the Little Prince said, “Time soothes all sorrows.” And speaking of which,” she turned around to him. “Appa, you forgot my book shelves!” He looked at her and laughed, “Aigoo! Of all the things to forget, I had to forget that one. I think I have to give Young Bae a hard time because he didn’t remind me of that.” He said as he headed towards the door. “The arrangements are all done, princess. Might as well, get a head start with our shopping and fill this room up and get you settled in.” She smiled and with one last glance in her room, she made her way out and into the living room where they were waiting for her. “Kaja! I need a bed and a book shelf.” They all left and headed out to the bustling city to get everything she needed. As they were heading out of the door, the door adjacent to her just closed and they could hear a lot of noise. “I wonder who lives here,” she wondered. “Syu-pah-ju-ni-o” she started to read. “What the?! Super Junior?!” she looked at Young Bae who read the thing written on the wall. “Oh, yea, Yeobo, it looks like you’re in the same floor as Super Junior.” He said looking at her. “Aigoo!” she exclaimed as they headed to the elevator. “I think I would need ear muffs or something, it’s gonna be chaotic.” “hey! Aren’t you used to us already?” Young Bae said pertaining to Big Bang. “haha! You know what, yeobo, five boys I can totally handle but, more than that? I think it will be suicide.” And they all laughed as they got off the elevator and headed towards the van.

They first went to the furniture shop to check out the bed, book shelf, computer table and dresser that she needed. Her godparents and their baby went to check out the bookshelf and computer table while, Young Bae and her went to check out the bed and dresser. As they, strolled around her eyes caught, a bed she liked, and she pulled Young Bae. “There.” She said. It was a queen sized bed with a rectangular bed frame with small squares. It wasn’t that high and the foam were soft. “It’s Tempur, yeobo. I think you liked it because it’s your favourite brand.” “Haha! Shut it! But, I think it’s really hella good. It will be good for relaxation.” “yea, sure. And I found the perfect pillows. I know how much you want your neck supported. So, I think this will be perfect.” “okay, the bed has been decided and now, the dresser.” They talked with the salesperson about the bed and then, went over to find the perfect dresser. It was a Japanese styled dresser with a mirror. It was pretty stylish. Her godparents also found the perfect furniture for her room and they settled everything for it to be delivered to her new home. The next stop was shopping for the blinds, shower curtains, carpet, shoe rack and plates. The whole day was spent into shopping for her things in her new apartment. It was around late afternoon when they finished and was about to leave when, “Um, sunbae, can Claudette and I just go home after? I want to take her somewhere, if it’s okay?” Young Bae asked. “Well, I guess, if you’re still not yet tired.” He asked and she nodded. “But, you won’t have a car to get back to the house.” Her godmother said. “No worries, Young Bae is in disguise and it’ll be fun riding the bus or the subway. Seungri-ssi lent me his pass yesterday anyway.” She said and took out the bus pass. “Oh, okay. Just be careful you two.” And with that they left, Young Bae doubled checked his disguise so that no one can notice him on the street. He had his cap and mask on. He also wore a very American Hip hop outfit. “So, where you taking me?” she asked. “Well, since you are here and like, I might get busy soon and that, I haven’t given you a welcome back present and I missed your birthdays 3 times in a row.” “oh, and don’t forget Christmas.” She added. “Oh, yeah that too, I guess I should make up for it right?” They walked around the street and ended up in front of an apple store. They walked in and Young Bae went straight to the counter while Claudette roamed around the store. She saved enough money to buy herself her own laptop. She was browsing around when Young Bae tapped her. She turned around and saw him carrying to paper bags one was smaller than the other. She looked at him puzzled and then he smiled, “This little thing has the iPhone and the iTouch. While this one has the MacBook Air you wanted so much.” She looked at the packages and to him. She was speechless. “And you know what, the guys all pitched in so we can go to your favourite book store and buy all the books you need.” “Jjinja?? You guys, shouldn’t have..oh gosh!..I’m so…argh…hahaha! Komawo, yeobo! Can we like call the boys so I can thank them too?” “No problem. Wait, let me get my phone.” They dialled G-dragon’s number, “Yeobosayo?” “Jiyong! Someone here wants to say something to all of you. Mind putting it on speaker?” “Sure. Let me call them, YO! GATHER ROUND!” he shouted. “Aish, Jiyong!” was all Young Bae could say because he shouted in his ear as well. “Yep, we are all here.” He said on the other line and so, he signalled Claudette to come closer. “Yeorubun, Kamsahapnida! When everything is settled at my new apartment let’s go there and celebrate, arasso?” she said. “It was nothing, noona!” Daesung said. “We loved that you are staying here now, Umma. I get to eat delicious food again.” Seungri added. “It was our pleasure after all, you helped us so much. It’s a simple way of thanking you.” TOP said. “Get some good books, arasso?” “Yes, Ji-young. I will. Well, get some rest boys and see you soon.” And with that they ended the conversation and headed out to her favourite bookstore. She moved around from shelf to shelf while Young Bae settled himself down near a sofa. He was dead beat tired but, seeing her browsing through the shelves was incredible. He knew very well that the library and the book stores are her best friend’s favourite solitude. He was worried when he knew from her parents that she had stopped going there or even reading after Topher’s death. He grew worried but, now as she went about he knew that somehow things will get better. Actually, he hoped it would be better. He still knew that her thoughts where somewhere else. He knew her perfectly being stuck with her for almost 15 years even if they don’t see each other so much they never lost contact. She returned half a minute later with a lot of books, most of which where her favourite. She had The Little Prince, Little Women, The Harry Potter series, Twilight series, Paulo Coelho, Nicholas Sparks and Mitch Albom books. But there was two books that caught his eye, he looked at her, and she immediately knew what he was gonna ask, “I know.” She began. “but, these books, When God writes your love story and I kissed dating goodbye, might help.” “I knew you weren’t okay yet. But, I do hope they helped.” They went to the counter paid for the books and took the subway to get home. The ride home was where they got to catch up on a lot of things and before they knew it they were in front of her house. They went in greeted the godparents and went to her room. Young Bae couldn’t stay the night for he had a schedule to go tomorrow. He reminded her to call him as soon as she activated her phone and left.

She was tired from today and as she lay down and she held the necklace again and sighed. After a few minutes of staring into the ceiling, sleep came and she closed her eyes hoping to see him again in her dreams.

 

-------------------

I think I still failed in giving out descriptions but, I hope I get better in the next few chapters. and yeah, Super Junior will be coming out very soon so please be a bit more patient. I'm still thinking of how they would enter..so I'm open for suggestions.

I'd like to say Thank you to those who are viewing this..I'll try to update soon enough...