a talk underneath the stars

Start of something new

Taeyang followed Sungmin outside the apartment and into the small park that was in the middle of the four towers. Sungmin motioned Taeyang to sit beside him in one of the benches. It was a little cold outside but, it seems that they didn't mind it at all.

"So, what did you want to talk about, hyung?" Taeyang asked, looking at Sungmin who was bowing his head. He heard him sigh and then, look at him.

"This morning, after we went to Lotte World," when he heard Lotte World, Taeyang sat up very straight and his eyes popped out. "Wha-?!"

Judging from his expression, Sungmin gave a long sigh and looked at the tree in front of him then said, "She asked me to go there because she couldn't remember the last time she went there. We got to the parking lot but, there was a lot of people so we decided to come back some other day. But," he hesitated.

"But what?" Taeyang asked, a little bit stern.

"She started to cry and clutch her necklace. The next thing I know is that she ran out of the car and I ran after her and then, she started breaking down. She was crying so hard before you called her. She told me not to tell you but, she looked so different afterwards. We went to the grocery and bought lunch but, there was something wrong." he concluded and he heard, Taeyang sigh. "There's also something else." Taeyang looked at Sungmin, and Sungmin turned his gaze to Taeyang.

"I borrowed some broadway pieces from her and then, I accidentally got one piece that has notes in it. It had stains from tear drops. Taeyang, I don't know."

"Sungmin-hyung." Taeyang began. "I don't know. But, I think I need help. Claudette, I've known her for a long time now and she was always cheery, happy and sweet. But, she had a very traumatic experience that made it all change."

Sungmin looked at Taeyang surprised at what he had heard. It was really impossible to know. The way she smiles and encourage people around her. "What was it? Would it be okay to share it with me?" he asked.

"I think. It would be okay." Taeyang sighed and looked at the stars. "You see, Claudette had a fiancee not so long ago. He died very recently leaving my best friend in total shock. The reason why she broke down and she couldn't remember the last time she went to the amusement park was because," he let out a big sigh and looked at Sungmin straight in his eyes. "it was because he died after taking her there. He also proposed to her on that day. You see the ring in her necklace?"

Sungmin nodded. He remembered how she held onto it.

"That was their engagement ring. She was in the US when all of that happened. I couldn't get out of the schedules here so, I couldnt be there for her. But, she went into a state of shock for a couple of weeks. When she snapped out if it, she started living like nothing happened. But, she never did anything that reminded her of her fiancee. Not until, Sunbaenim and her parents discovered her audition for Cats which was sent secretly by her fiancee before he died. They thought it was a good oppportunity for her to move on. She moved here without complains."

Sungmin, nodded. He was starting to find meaning to that feeling he had noticed for so long.

"Taeyang, you never mentioned his name."

"I don't think his name should come from me. I think Claude should tell you personally."

"Yeah, you are right." He sighed and slouched.

"Sungmin-hyung."

"hmm.." as he look at Taeyang, who was looking at the stars.

"I think you have that magic that I don't have."

"What?!"

"I think that you can reach into her. You have a lot of things in common and when she talks about you she seems happy."

"You think so?" looking also at the stars.

"Yes."

"You seem so sure dongsaeng."

"I am. When it comes to her, I always am."