Flashback Part 3: Robbed

The Innocent Girl

At school the next day, I went to the locker that Kidoh and I share to find him there. I tapped his shoulder, making him turn around to look at me. "Jin, have you seen my wallet? I can't..." I cut him off by holding it up in the air to show him. He reached up and took it from me. "Why do you have it exactly?"

"You dropped it." I answer as he gets out of the way to let me put my books that I didn't need into the locker. When I was done, I noticed that he was giving me a funny look. "What?"

"Jin..." He started. "The wallet was in my bag and the pocket was closed, I triple-checked before we left school."

"W-What?" Kidoh checked inside his wallet and glared at me. "What now?"

"There's money missing. Did you take it?"

"What? No! I'm your friend, why would I do that?" I asked.

"I don't know... It only seems logical since you gave me back the wallet."

"How much was it? I'll pay you back whatever's missing out of your wallet."

"Jin, that's not the point." He sighed. "The money isn't the problem, I don't care about it. But, you lied to me for the first time."

"I didn't! Why would I steal your money? I wouldn't! Don't you believe me?"

"I just... Who else could do it?"

"Maybe it was..." I started, but Krystal came and smiled at us.

"Good morning, boys." We looked at her before looking back at each other. Kidoh just let out a sigh and walked away from us.

"Kidoh, wait." I tried to call, but he kept walking, sending me a peace sign with his hand. I looked at Krystal. "How did you get his wallet? He said that his bag was zipped. And did you steal money from him?" I asked, being suspicious of her. Kidoh might not know, but I know that Krystal also was in possession of his wallet.

"I don't know how I found it, but the zipper must have opened somehow." She shrugged like it was nothing. "And no, I didn't steal any money from him." Something was wrong, I could feel it.

"Are you lying to me?" I ask. She put a hand over where her heart is and gasped at my accusation.

"Do you not believe me?" She asked. I look at her hurt face before having an internal conflict.

"I just... Kidoh's been my friend forever. I can't just not believe him." Krystal crossed her arms over her chest angrily at the answer. I knew I had just screwed up with her, but it was true. Kidoh had never lied to me. And I have never lied to him. We're true friends to each other.

"Your friend hates your own girlfriend." She points out. "If he was really your friend, he would support you. Not be against us being together."

"I..." She cut me off.

"You either believe me or you believe him, you can't believe us both." She said as the bell rang. She turned around and walked the other way, but stopped immediately. "Choose carefully. Both your friends and lovers can stab your back, so think about who might be lying."

After School

I had thought about it the whole day, but I couldn't figure it out. Kidoh was my dear friend and would never have a reason to lie to me. But, Krystal was my girlfriend, so I couldn't figure out why she would lie to me. My suspicion was still on her though. "Did you get to think it over?" Krystal asks me. I nod.

"But, I'm not too sure yet, so lets just do something, alright?" Krystal shrugs, nodding at the idea. I was going to call Kidoh, but he wouldn't answer.

The Next Day

Today was Saturday and I decided to go talk to Kidoh instead of hang out with my girlfriend. When I knocked at his front door, he was not happy to see me after opening the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to tell you that I didn't steal from you. I would never do something like that to you." Kidoh sighs, motioning me into the house. I followed him inside and then up into his room.

"I believe you, Jin." He admits, sitting on his bed. I take a seat across from him on the bed before he continues. "You were just the only one who had my wallet, so it makes sense that you would steal from me."

"Actually... There was one other person." I admit. Kidoh gave me a death glare.

"Jin!"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I insist, hoping he would calm down.

"Who was it?"

"Krystal."

"Do you have your wallet on you?" He suddenly asks me. I nod, pulling it out of my jeans' back pocket. "Do you have everything in there?" I blink at him with confusion. "Just look." Shaking my head, I do as he says. I notice that the picture of me and Kidoh that we had photocopied and put into our wallets was gone. Looking at him, I give him the wallet to check for himself.

"Why would she want a picture of us?"

"Not of us." Kidoh shook his head. "Of you."

"Why though?"

"Think about it, would you? With a picture, she can get anywhere. She can make a fake ID and then get someone to pose as you so she can get what she wants. And I'm guessing she wants..."

"Money." I finish his sentence. "She stole money from you." He nods and I immediately call the bank to ask for my account information. I drop the phone as soon as I get the news and Kidoh gives me a look of question.

"Jin? What happened?"

"She took it."

"How much?"

"All of it..." His expression turned to one of horror.

"Jin..."

"You were right, I shouldn't have trusted her. Why did I believe her over you?" He pulled me into a hug with one arm, letting me rest my head on his shoulder.

"You were in love, that's why. People do some stupid things when in love." He explained. "I'll help you with your financial troubles, don't worry."

"Thank you." I smile. "I'll pay back everything you gave me." I felt a light slap on the side of my head.

"Don't bother, we're friends." I nod, knowing he would never accept the money back from me. "And if you want, I'll also help you get revenge on her." I pull away from him and stare with disbelief at him.

"Seriously? Would you really?"

"Of course. No one messes with my best and gets away with it except for me."


A/N: Alright, the flashbacks are done~ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!