It Begins with Goodbye

The Innocent Girl

Hansol's POV

Today was the day, the day that I finally prove to B-Joo that Krystal is no good. I couldn't wait! Lucky for me, there was no school today, so I went over to B-Joo's house with the memory stick that Kidoh had given to me with the recording from Jenissi's phone. I had also added the recording from my phone on to it, just so I wouldn't have to show him the different recordings on two different devices. Mrs. Kim had opened the door and smiled at me. "Hansol, I haven't seen you around for a while. Are you and Byungjoo fighting?"

"Um... Something like that." I explain. "I came to show him something that will stop the fighting though. Is he home?"

"Yes, he's in the back with his dad, gardening." She tells me. "But, I can get him for you."

"No, it's alright. I'll go." I say, walking back down the front steps and around the side of the house that led me to the back. "Byungjoo?" I call out to him.

"Hansol?" He asks, coming to where I am.

"Hey." I smile. He looks at me weirdly before replying.

"Hey..." B-Joo gives me a forced smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Byungjoo, what are you doing?" I hear Mr. Kim calling to him.

"Uh... Hold on a sec." With that said, he went off to tell his dad that he was talking with me. He came back pretty quickly and looked at me expectantly. "Okay, so why are you here?"

"What? A guy can't be at his best friend's house?"

"Best friend's..." B-Joo started before his eyes lit up with joy. "You remember me!" He concluded, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back slightly, enjoying the hug. I've missed him so much.

"I have something to show you." I say, pulling away from the hug. "But, I need a computer."

"Why?" B-Joo asks. I hold up the memory stick and he nods with understanding. We go up to his room and he lets me use his laptop. Once I had inserted the memory stick in, I opened up the files and showed him.

He looked at me angrily when the recording from Jenissi's phone had ended. "Unbelievable, Hansol..." He shakes his head. "I can't believe you made this recording to show me how terrible Krystal is... And I can't believe Jenissi hyung helped!"

"We didn't make it. He recorded it at Yull's party."

"Stop lying to me, Hansol." B-Joo exclaims. "Just say you don't like her and fine, I'll find some way for you two to avoid each other. Just don't lie to me!"

"I'm not!" I insist. "She's the one lying to you."

"Hansol..."

"Look, I'll show you this time." I say, pulling up the video from my phone. I showed him what she had said and how she had even threatened me.

"Hansol, you're still unbelievable..." B-Joo sighed. "Not only did you make a fake recording, but a fake video too."

"It's real!"

"Well, I gotta admit the person playing Krystal looks just like her..."

"It is her."

"Hansol, stop! I'm tired of hearing this!"

"You know what I'm tired of?" I ask B-Joo. "I'm tired of caring for you when you clearly don't believe me. Me, your best friend!"

"A real best friend wouldn't try to ruin their friend's relationship, which you are! And, where were you when I needed you all those times that I needed you? You were mad at me for being with a girl that I love, which isn't my fault either!"

"Are you saying I'm a bad friend? Because if you are, let me assure you that you were a worse one!"

"How?"

"You think a real best friend would choose a girl over their friend? A friend who has been through everything with him since elementary school?"

"You know what, Hansol?" B-Joo asked. "I don't need you! I have all the other guys and Krystal, so why am I even trying to keep this friendship? You were the one who broke it!" Ouch, that hurt. A lot. I felt tears coming on to my eyes, but refused to cry. I slapped B-Joo across the face instead. I slapped him hard, leaving a red hand print on his left cheek.

"Fine, lets see how long you can last without me." I yell at him, taking the memory stick out of his computer. "But know this. No one will love you or understand you as much as I do." Before he could say anything, I kissed him deeply. It wasn't a sweet kiss since I was beyond angry with him right now, but it left him shocked. That's what I wanted so I could leave without him following me, trying to apologize for what he had said. And that's what I did.

When I got home, I took out every picture I had with B-Joo, putting them into a photo album and burying the album deep into the box that was in my closet. I didn't want to see him in person or in pictures because I knew that if I had, I would burse into tears. Tears of pain and heartbreak.

But, I couldn't just abandon the plan. I will show you how wrong you are about Krystal, B-Joo... I think to myself, getting the girl outfit ready for school the next day. It's almost over... We just need everything to go smoothly tomorrow.


A/N: Yes, it's almost over~ Just... 2 chapters more? And then a sequel as so many of you have voted for it~