Chapter 9: Big Words

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

 Dara’s POV

                     I’m single.

                     He’s single. (I guess... and I’m hoping.. *fingers-crossed*)

                     It’s not wrong if I walk home together with a guy, right?

                      It’s perfectly normal.

                     The added bonus to that is that... I’m walking home with my ultimate CRUSH.

                    *dieessss* Y’all feel me? *smiling like a lunatic*

                      “Dara...”

                      I stopped from walking and swiftly turn my attention at him, Lee Donghae, with a bright smile plastered on my face. “Hmmm?”

                      “Umm... I’m afraid you’re on the wrong direction?”

                      “Eh?”

                       Just then that I realized I’m already few feet away from Donghae who was about to turn on the other side of the street.

                       I bit my lips. “Congratulations on embarrassing yourself, Park.” My inner thought scolded me.

                      This always happen in my most precious time, you know. <___< WHYYY? (- _ -)

                       “He he he...” I turned to him flustered with an awkward laugh. “I... I was j-just... I was just testing your s-sense of direction... (Crap!) Ha-ha-ha-ha... I guess y-you really do know the w-way... to y-your home...and m-mine. (What am I saying???)” I gave him a lopsided smile. Such a lame excuse I got there. *sigh*

                   His boisterous laugh echoed on my ears. Of course he won’t fall for that.

                  “I’m sorry... I just can’t help it...Hahahaha..” he said in between laughs. “Do you always do that? Still making excuses even though you’re already caught?”

                   I pouted. Hmmppp... He just laughed at my stupidity. I thought he would just let it slip and pretend that nothing happened because I always assumed that he is the gentleman type.

                  “It’s your fault Dara... You made fun of yourself. I bet Jiyong would do the same...or even worst.” That’s my inner self b!tching on me again.

                 “Tss... That jerk would not laugh like that... I bet he would say some p3rverted things like I’m daydreaming over him that’s why I’m not on myself then show that s3xy smirk of his ... He has his own way of making me feel embarrassed--- WHY AM I EVEN THINKING ABOUT HIM?“

                     I gave my cheek a soft tap to stop my thoughts from drifting somewhere else or someone irrelevant.

                     “You’re really interesting, Dara... I’d like to know more about you.”

                     I swiftly shifted my gaze at Donghae whose back is now facing me because he already resumed walking with his bike. I’m not just hallucinating, right? He really did say that he LIKES to know MORE about ME.

                      I admit I don’t have a lot of experience about LOVE (OR should I say, I don’t have ANY experience at all) but isn’t ‘getting-to-know-each-other’ the first step to a blossoming romance between a guy and a girl?

                      The embarrassment changed into excitement and CAPITAL H...O... P...E! GAHHHHDDDD! Donghae, please don’t give me false hopes.

                      “WAIT UP!” I called out to him and catch up along with my bike.

 

#    #     #

                     “My parents are working abroad so I don’t really see them that often. I practically grew up alone...hmmm...you could say that.” Donghae continued giving me a glimpse of his private life. I can say he’s actually a reserved person. He doesn’t really want to talk about his family or any personal matters, I think. When I asked about his family, I noticed that he tried to shield the question. I was about to drop the topic but he talked all of a sudden.

                     “That’s kind of...sad.” I muttered not knowing what to say after that revelation.

                      A hand suddenly messed up my ALREADY messed up hair. I looked up to Donghae and his warm smile welcomed me. “Hey... don’t go melodramatic on me. You should be happy instead since you’re the first person to hear that side of me.”

                     “Really?” I asked surprised with that confession.

                      He nodded, his eyes focused on the road ahead. “Wow. Well... thanks... I guess?”

                      I heard him take a deep breath. “So much about me... how about you? Let’s talk more about you.” He said with a hint of curiosity on his voice.

                     “Nah... There’s nothing interesting about me.”

                      “What? How could you say that? Everything about you is interesting... “

                        I bit my lips to stop my giddy smile. GAHHHH! I want to spazz openly because of that. Donghae! I’m begging you. Don’t say things that can make me hope for something more... T__T

                         “Where are your parents?” he asked.

                         This is a sensitive topic but Donghae showed interest and I don’t want to disappoint him. “Umm... my mother is staying in our hometown in Busan. She’s there with our relatives since...” I cleared my throat. “...since my father passed away four years ago... I have to work and study at the same time to support her and myself.”

                        Silence enveloped us. I actually don’t like to talk about these stuffs. I don’t want to talk about my father with a sad mood.

                       “Your father is a good man.” He said suddenly.

                         “Huh? Why—do you know my father personally?”

                        He didn’t say anything for a few seconds. He seemed to be contemplating on something. “No. I don’t know him but I can say that since he raised a wonderful daughter which is you.”

                        I frowned. Why is he being serious all of a sudden? It’s not like he knows me too well. “Umm... thank you...”

                        Then his bright smile showed up again, swiftly changing the mood. “Change topic.”

                         That was weird.

                         Oh well... Maybe I’m just thinking too much. I bet that he just noticed that I feel uncomfortable talking about the topic. *smile* This is the type of guy that I really look up to. The one who knows his limits. Unlike that Mr. P3rvy, that insensitive jerk.

                         “Ok. What topic?” I questioned dismissing the earlier topic. Time to brighten up the mood.

                          “Hmm... Oh! Right!” he exclaimed flicking his fingers in the process as if a light bulb appeared above his head. “How about your suitor?”

                         I almost tripped. Of all the topics that he could think, why must Mr. P3rvy crossed his mind.

                          “That guy... He’s not here yet he can still ruin my personal life. Is he some kind of a curse???”

                        “Puhhhhlllleaaaseee... Not him!” I said while rolling my eyes.

                         He chuckled. “You look cute when you roll your eyes like that.”

                       My cheeks heat up. Ugh! Is he flirting at me? ‘Cause I actually kind of liking it. Don’t judge me. Who would not like it if it’s your crush? Come on! Let’s all be real ‘cause I AM! Kkkkkk~

                       “I don’t know if I should be glad about that...” I managed to answer him but deep inside I want to scream like a sasaeng fangirl.

                       “That’s a compliment you know but seriously, I admire your suitor’s thoughtfulness. Honestly, I actually didn’t believe him when he said that he’s your boyfriend when we first met. “

                      “Why? Because I’m not the type to be dated by such guy?”

                       “Of course not! Why are you always bringing yourself down? I said that because I noticed that you’re not comfortable with him that time. Though he is not your boyfriend, it turned out to be that he is courting you. He did pull off a great show out there with that entire tracksuit thing while you’re the only ones wearing the same color... I just wonder why I didn’t get notified about the tracksuit day when most of the students are. ”

                       “He’s not my suitor... He’s just a guy who wants to ease his boredom by spending his money with useless things just like what he did this morning.” I sternly uttered.

                       “Seems like you didn’t find it romantic, eh? And don’t say such thing... it’s pretty obvious that he’s serious about you. What kind of guy would do such kind of event and tell that he is not courting that girl??? Come on! I bet the guy is having a few shots in a soju stall right now...well, I’d reacted the same if I was him. You’re really a tough girl for walking out on him like that.” he asked amused with my reaction.

                      “You don’t know him that’s why you can say that.” Why is he siding with Mr. P3rvy?

                      “Maybe I don’t know him but I’m a guy,too... I know what’s the difference between ‘having fun’ and ‘being serious’. With that I witnessed this morning; the guy really did put an effort FOR YOU.

                       “Ugh. My conscience is killing me!!! Please stop torturing me, Donghae!”

                       I stayed silent. CL, Bom and Donghae have the same opinion about what happened this morning. What if the real intention of Jiyong for doing that is actually because he wants to help me? What if he actually do that for me? Why would he do that? Those little help that he did for me, I can understand that but this time, it’s different... it’s a huge scene... You can’t actually call us friends or whatnots... so why? Pity, I guess?

                      “Where did you meet this guy again?”

                       *sigh* “It’s actually a long story but I met him because of a simple cylindrical container.”

                       It’s all because of that container. Right! I haven’t asked Jiyong if he started searching for that missing container. Hmmm... I should start searching for it,too and also that weird lady. Maybe I could still get out of this mess.

                              I waited for Donghae for his next question but nothing came. He stayed silent after I answered his earlier query. I looked up at him and found him with his serious façade while his gaze is in the road ahead. Did I say something wrong?

                              I can’t take the silence so I decided to break the ice. “Is everything---“

                               Donghae halted on his steps so do I. “Your apartment is 2 blocks away from here, right? My house is in the other way... so I’m sorry I won’t be able to walk you home up to this point.” He smiled. Ugh. This guy is confusing. How can he change his mood that easily?

                              “Ahh... yeah! It’s fine. I can handle it... it’s not far from here anyways.”

                             “Ok.” He sighed. “I thought we are going to ride the bike but we ended up just walking...” he chuckled.

                              I can’t help but smile. His laugh is contagious. He looks so carefree. “But it’s fun...”

                              “Yes, it’s fun. At least we became friends.”

                             FRIENDS.

                            KYAAAAAA!!! My crush befriended me already. It’s an achievement for a fangirl like me.

                           “See you at the party tomorrow night, Dara.”

                           Oh, right! He’s also invited to CL’s party. “Y-yeah. Don’t laugh at me when you see me, ok?”

                         “Hahahaha... Noted. Bye. Take care... always.”

                           Then we bade our goodbyes to each other. When he’s already lost in my sight, I smiled and started heading to my apartment.

                              WAIT.

                             How did he know that my apartment is two blocks away from here? I can’t remember mentioning where I live to him.

                          ”That was strange.”

 

#      #     #

Seungri’s POV

                    Hiding in the shadows, me, Top-hyung and... *sigh* Jiyong-hyung are now here near Sandara Park’s apartment. After Jiyong-hyung run havoc earlier this morning in a local gang’s turf, we ate then came back at our territory to got some booze and of course, our boss changing into his normal clothes (this is a secret but I took a picture of him wearing that pink tracksuit... it’s for future purposes... :p). When I thought that I could finally get my much needed rest, Jiyong hyung suddenly went off and as his unit, we are obliged to follow him everywhere he goes. And we ended up here.

                      To make the scene more interesting, we saw Sandara Park with Lee Donghae and they seem to be having a fun conversation.

                     “Seungri, where did you say that guy live?” Jiyong hyung asked with his cold tone.

                      “At a condo unit in Hongdae.” I answered. Remember the time when he asked me to have a background check for this dude? Yes. He is just asking about it just now. Moreover, I was actually baffled about him since I’m having a hard time finding information about him. I even have to ask for Youngbae – hyung’s help to hack some private systems but it’s still not enough.

                    “Hongdae, you say?” Top-hyung, my worst nightmare, asked. I can smell that he is up to no good. “Wow. That is far from here, am I right? Why would he waste his time to accompany Sandara Par-----“

                      “Shut up!” Jiyong – hyung exclaimed. I looked at Top-hyung but instead of fear I see in him, amusement and satisfaction are evident on his eyes. It’s like he get the reaction that he wanted from our boss.

                    “Sandara Park is coming.” Top hyung announced.

                     Me and Top hyung firmly hide on our hiding place while Jiyong hyung started walking with long strides headed to Sandara’s apartment.

                    “Watch carefully, Seungri... This is gonna’ be interesting.” Top hyung muttered with excitement laced on his big voice.

                        Why does it feel like that the time is running slow? I can’t wait to end this day and live my life inside my room watching p0rnos. Ugh. This life .

 

#   #    #

Dara’s POV

                     I.am.stupefied. WHY IS THIS JERK HERE?

                      “I’ve been calling you, Pikachu.” He voiced out with his emotionless face.

                      “ Aishhhh... I didn’t hear anything.”  I fished out my phone in my backpack and when I unlock the screen, 15 missed calls welcomed me...all from him. “It’s on silent... I didn’t hear anything.”

                    OK. I’m ready for what he is going to say. I can see that he is not amused on what I said. I breathed deeply and waited for his backlash.                                        

                    But nothing came.

                   “Here.”

                    He threw a paper bag in my direction which I luckily caught. Thank God I still have good reflexes. If not, my nose would be bleeding right now.

                    “What’s this?” I asked a bit annoyed.

                    “It’s my task for you today and for tomorrow. Since you’re not available tomorrow, I decided to just merge your today’s task and tomorrow’s task. “

                    “Huh? B-but...”

                    “No more ‘but’s’. Wear it. That’s an order.”

                     That’s it and he strides towards his car parked not far from here. He sped off, leaving me confused and disoriented.  What is wrong with him?

                     “Wear it? Wear what?” I talked to myself.

                      I curiously checked the paper bag that he tossed at me and my eyes widen after recognizing the item inside it.

                      The beautiful Jonathan Saunder’s black dress that I’ve tried when I accompanied Jiyong in a fashion boutique.  He said he is going to give this as a gift for his date but why is he giving it to me now? He even said that I should wear it.

                     I can’t help but admire the gorgeous dress before me. It’s a pleasure for a girl like me to wear this. My mind drifted to Jiyong. My eyes darted on the direction where his car went. Is he helping me now?

                 “Jiyong... what is really on your mind?”

 

#    #    #                  

               “OH MY GOOODDD! Dara-yah! This is beautiful!”

                That’s Park Bom. We chose to meet up at Myundong this Saturday afternoon. CL’s party will start at exactly 7pm and she still have 3 hours to experiment on me. I don’t know if this really luck but CL have to stay home since she needs to prepare, so I ended up ALONE with this alien here. I showed her the dress that Jiyong gave me and of course, she reacted exaggeratedly.      

                  “Where did you get this?” she asked with sparkling eyes.

                   “Mr. P3rvy left that to me. He said I should wear it since it’s my task for yesterday and for today.” I uttered disinteresting.

                   Damn it. I shouldn’t have said that. I can see unicorns and rainbows coming from Park Bom. I know what she’s thinking and it’s something I don’t what to hear.

                   “GAAAHHHH! HE’S SO SWEEEET!” she shrieked. She really did a good job catching the attention of this numerous people passing by.

                 What the....?  She’s really embarrassing.

                 “Y-yah! Stop it.” I grabbed the dress from her grip and put it back inside the paper bag. “He’s not sweet. Didn’t you hear me? I said... this is his TASK for me today.”

                    “Don’t be stupid Dara-yah!” She even slapped my left arm. I felt like my bones cracked.

                    “Ouch! I’m not being stupid... I’m stating a fact.” I exclaimed while nursing my aching arm.

                   “Seriously? Can’t you see? He’s just using your positions right now to cover up his real intention which is to give you that dress as a GIFT!” she said as-a-matter-of-fact.

                   “Gift??? Why would he give me a gift? It’s not my birthday.”

                    “Exactly. Why would he gave you a gift without any special occasions? DUUUH! It’s because he likes you.”

                   I choked with my own saliva. BOM IS BECOMING CRAZIER AS TIME GOES BY. Mr. P3rvy likes me???? HELL, NO!

                   “PUHAHAHAHAHA! Bom-ah! Don’t make me laugh... It’s impossible. That guy would never like me. Maybe it’s possible IF and ONLY IF I step into the moon. He’ll probably laughed like this,too when he heard it. “I laughed my as$ out.

                    Bom pouted. “Tss... you’re going to eat your words someday, Dara-yah.”

                    “I’ll probably gonna’ spit it out afterwards.”

                   “Hmmppp. Don’t go barging on my room when you realized it...arasseo?”

                  “That won’t happen. Trust me.” I pronounced confidently.

                   ‘Trust me’. Big words I got there. I hope I can keep it. NO... I should keep it.

 

#     #    #

 

Author’s note:

Here yah go! CHAPTER 9!

I actually tried doing a double update but I failed... T___T

Anyways, I managed to finish one today so I immediately shared it to you!

Kkkk~

 

Always THANKS for supporting this fic...

And wait fot Sandara’s transformation! ^^,

It’s getting near! ^___^

 

Welcome to our new subscribers! *bows*

Hope I can update soonest! ^__^

Jal ja~