Chapter 8: Helping or not helping?

The Trickster and The Mafia Leader

 

Youngbae’s POV

                      “GD, the gathering has just ended minutes ago and you’re already asking me to do some stupid things? Didn’t anything registered in your mind? Everyone in the organization is now aiming for one thing and THAT is to find the friggin’ successor who is unfortunately your center of ‘having fun’ as of now”. I said as a-matter-of-fact, hoping that he would actually listen to me and change his mind.

                     Look. The elders of the organization have decided to give everyone a chance to be the next Mafia leader by means of finding the successor. I thought Jiyong will finally came into his senses and decide to reveal that he already found the successor but to my dismay, the stubborn guy just shrugged it off and on top of that, he seemed to be very thrilled with what’s happening.

                   And now, he is asking me to do some stupid thing! He wants me to send a message to all the students of Seoul University except for the names that he gave me. The message contains:

                             PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TOMORROW IS ‘TRACKSUIT’ DAY!

                             PLEASE WEAR YOUR MOST FAVORITE TRACKSUIT!

                            THOSE WHO WILL NOT COOPERATE WILL BE GIVEN A PENALTY!

                             ONE MORE THING! PINK TRACKSUIT IS PROHIBITED!

                             THANK YOU AND SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!

                                                                                   Student Council –Seoul University

 

                   Yeah. I need to hack their Student Council System and use it to spread the message to avoid any suspicions. The task is actually very easy and I can do it in no time BUT Jiyong is giving me a hard time to understand on why I should do this stuff. He is giving me vague answers like ‘Nothing. I think it’ll be fun’. Come on! He’s obviously planning something evil for Sandara Park. Aishhh… Poor lady.

                     “Jiyong, just stop doing this… it’s getting nonsense as time goes by.” I’m not going to get tired on reminding him. Besides, he is like a brother to me. I feel like he is my responsibility.

                     “All my life I’ve been chased with guns and bullets, so what’s so wrong to get some fresh air?” he said while wearing that mischievous smirk. “Don’t worry; I’m planning to reveal everything after three months...”

                    “What?” I said dumfounded at his statement.  “That long???” He nodded. I massage my temple; he is giving me a headache. I always thought that he is the cleverest among us, but with what’s happening right now, ugh... I don’t know anymore. All I can do is to shake my head and follow his command. 

                     “One more thing...”

                     Ugh! Don’t tell me he thought of something stupider than what he is asking me to do now? I heaved a deep sigh and waited for him to say what he is bound to share.

                      “I’d like to get a pink tracksuit... a neon one.”

                     I almost fell on my seat after hearing that.

                     It’s official. He.is.INSANE!

 

#  #   #

Dara’s POV
                

                “Oh my God!!! He is so handsome!”

                “He is looking for Sandara Park.”

                “Sandara Park? Who is she?”

                 “I can’t believe Sandara caught this guy’s attention.”

               “My GHHAAAADD! She’s sooo lucky”

               “I want to marry him.”

 

               Those are some of the buzzes I’m hearing while marching our way at the university's main gate. The weird student told me that my 'supposed suitor' is waiting for me there. CL and Bom are very shocked and at the same time very excited at the sudden news.

              "Dara-yah, you know I'm hurt 'cause you ain't telling us about this mysterious suitor of yours BUT GAAAHHH!!! I can't help but be excited! FINALLY!" Bom said while walking with glee.

               "B-but he's not my suitor-"

               "Aishh! Don't go sh*tting on us Sandara Park! I can't wait to meet this guy... "CL interjected with her swagger way of cursing.

                    I didn’t dare speak again because I know that no one will listen to me. Besides, I don’t know why but... I, myself, is feeling a little bit excited, too. Maybe I just like the idea that I have a suitor. Aigoo... I’m hopeless...

                     “Whoa... so many students...” Bom exclaimed after seeing so many students flocking at the main gate.

                     “Aishhh.. I can’t see the guy...” CL said while tiptoeing trying to find a good view.

                     “THERE SHE IS! SANDARA PARK!”

                     Someone shouted and everyone fell silent. As if on cue, ALL EYES ARE NOW ON ME! I involuntarily raised my hands in the air as if surrendering.

                     “I didn’t kill anyone.” I unconsciously uttered those words.

                      “Pikachu?”

                      Dugeun...

                      WAIT!

                       Was that the beat of my heart? Why is my pulse keep on increasing? Why do I feel butterflies on my stomach? And the reason for these entire why’s’... is just because of that mere voice.

                       Just like how Moses parted the ocean, the flock of students split into two and gave way to the man who called out for ‘Pikachu’, which is basically, the name given to me by Mr. P3rvy.

                      I heard gasps and curses coming from my two best friends. There he is... wearing pink neon colored tracksuit which is surprisingly identical to mine... one hand on his pocket and the other one holding a stem of pink rose.

                    “Hi.” He greeted me wearing that playful smirk on his face. I am paralyzed on my spot. How can he make that tracksuit looked fashionable on him? He is stunningly gorgeous.

                     Everyone is looking at me as if waiting for me to answer him. To my utter shock, someone pushed me (I’m 100% sure that it is PARK BOM<__<) so I’m now inches away from Mr. P3rvy.

                     “W-what are you d-doing here?” I said in a hushed tone so no one will hear except us. I’m relieved that I managed to ask him that question because honestly, I’m feeling unusually nervous in front of him now. I’m even smiling giddily. What the heck! I can’t stop my lips from curving up. Ugh!

                      “I’m bored so I’m having fun.” He answered in a soft whisper while offering me the pink rose. I bit my lips. GAAAHHH! I have never ever been offered any kinds of flower before.

                      “Come on. Let’s put on a show.” He said silently, urging me to accept the pink rose. “They’re watching...” I followed where his gaze is and found my FANDOM ( Krystal, Sulli and Victoria) watching us flabbergasted.  “I’d like to see someone shaving their eyebrows.”  He bit his lips while smirking playfully.

                    My smile faded. Everything falls into places after hearing that. Now I know.  Disappointment flashed over me and I can’t help but let out an exasperated sigh.

                    Tsk...

                    He’s just doing this to satisfy his self. I can’t believe he can come up with this kind of ridiculous idea. I know that those three have done sooo many unacceptable things towards me but to get even to them by doing the same thing against them, is even more distasteful.

                 Jiyong forced me to accept the rose then swiftly draped his arms around my shoulder. So now, we are now facing Krystal, Sulli and Victoria who are still surprised at the moment. I can hear stifled squeals coming from the students surrounding us. I can even hear comments like: “OMG! He’s so sweet.” “They have couple tracksuits. They’re the only ones wearing pink” “Where can I find such guy?” “She’s so lucky!”

                Argghhhh... If they only knew!

                “Nice to see you here, ladies. Remember me?” Jiyong told the three girls.

                They jerked back after realizing that Jiyong is talking to them. They were about to escape but two of Jiyong’s men came out of nowhere and held them captive. I remember them as Seungri and Top. Students are now confused on what’s happening.

                 Top and Seungri ushered them near us. They seemed to be frightened as if they know what is bound to happen to them.

                  “I remembered clearly that you promised something that involves shaving your eyebrows...” he said. “I’ll let Pikachu do the honor for you ladies.”

                   “Ummm.. N-no.. we’re j-just h-having fun that time, right Dara~shii?” Krsytal turned to me with her expectant face. And now, I’m ‘Dara-shii’ to her. *rolls eyes* Her two loyal minion even nodded exaggeratedly showing their agreement to their leader.

                     But I can’t help but pity on them. Many students are watching us and doing this to them doesn’t rest well with me. I know the feeling. Moreover, Jiyong is not doing this for me; he is doing it for himself.

                       “That’s not what I saw and HEARD... I’m pretty sure you said something about shaving your eyebrows...” Jiyong uttered threateningly.

                        I saw Seungri pull out something in his pocket which I think is a shaver.

                       Time to end this.

                     “Just let them go, Jiyong.” I said while removing his arm around my shoulder.

                     “What?” Jiyong asked confused. “I’m helping you out, Pikachu—“

                      “I didn’t ask for it in the first place.” I told him firmly.

                       I didn’t give him the chance to say anything since I walked out on him. I directly headed to where Bom and CL are.

                     “Dara-yah...” CL called out but I didn’t answer and just continued walking away at this place. As if sensing that I wasn’t in the mood, my best friends followed me.

                       I heard gasps and whispers coming from the students which are mainly because of what I did. But I don’t care at all.

                       I know I shouldn’t have walked out on him like that especially in front of many people but my feet moved on its own accord. I just feel bad at the situation. I’m ashamed of myself for even feeling excited about the idea of him being my suitor and doing all of these which I thought is for me. And lastly, I felt mad for the reason that he’s just using me to ease his boredom.

 

#   #   #

TOP’s POV

                  “He’s gone mad...”

                   After what happened earlier this morning in Sandara’s university, Jiyong became bloody serious and went bonkers in a hideout of a random local gang. IN THIS BROAD DAYLIGHT. He is beating the hell out of these, I think, 15 people... all.at.once. I’m just thankful that the place is a secluded area. No cops. No trouble.

                   “Hyung~ I’m hungry..you done already?” Seungri pleaded. To Jiyong but it fall into deaf ears since the guy is still busy busting out the faces of his opponents.

                    Jiyong landed a solid punch on the face of his last prey. Unconscious body are sprawled out on the ground. And Jiyong is standing at the middle without even a trace of sweat on his forehead. Everything screams badas$ except for the fact that he’s still wearing that neon pink colored tracksuit. Never ever in my entire life that I would imagine Jiyong wearing such thing... furthermore, he obviously wore it to match Sandara Park. They totally stand out compared to all those students wearing tracksuits.

                    He got all the way with his plan but Sandara Park just blew it up... even leaving harsh words to our Boss here. I can’t blame her though. Jiyong is a man who can sugar coat his words but at the same time, he can be brutally frank and honest. However, a while ago, Jiyong used the latter. I expected Sandara to react the same as what she always do, but I was wrong.

                   “I didn’t ask for it in the first place.”

                    That statement really had a great impact to Jiyong. He wouldn’t give a sh*t about it normally but to my amusement, he reacted differently. Just because of Sandara Park. She’s really something.

                    “Hey Seungri... I might actually win on our bet...” I told Seungri with a knowing smile on my face.

                     “Oh come on, Top hyung... You already lost since we started this stupid bet.” Seungri proudly told me.

                      “I don’t think so... just look at him... It’s the first time I’ve seen him... at lost.” I can’t think of any words to describe Jiyong’s current state.

                      “Nah. He’s just pissed off since his plan failed... and unfortunately for these thugs, they have to receive the consequences.”

                      I chuckled. “I’m always right on my instincts, rat.” He just gave me look.

                     “I’m done. Let’s go.” Jiyong voiced out while walking passed us, straight to his car parked in front of this abandoned building.

                      “Finally! My stomach is already complaining... Come on, hyung!”

                      “For the record, Seungri... The bet is still on.”

                    “Aishh... Arasseo! Arasseo!”  he said annoyed while walking our way to our car.

                   “You’ll lose, Seungri...” I continued annoying him. “Prepare your vacation house in Jeju ‘cause it’s going to be mine.” I said using my creepy big voice. Once we get on the car, me on the passenger seat and him in driver’s seat, I resumed my non-stop assault to annoy him. “Jiyong will fall in love with Sandara Park, Seungriiii~” I uttered in a creepy female sing-song voice near his ear. HAHAHAHAHAHA... He jerked back startled on what I did.

                   “HYUNNNGGG~” he looked at me with his pleading eyes.

                    Hahahahahaha.... “OK. I’ll stop.” I fixed myself and sit properly.

                   He let out an exasperated sigh. Then he started the ignition... and that’s my cue.

                  “Seungri... why don’t we upgrade the consequences? Something like... the loser will wear heels for a day?” I asked so innocently.

                  “AISHHH! JINJJA! Fxck it, hyung~” he said while brushing his face with both of his palms.

                   OK. Mission accomplished! He’s now pissed off. *evil smirked*

 

#   #    #

Dara’s POV

                     We are now at the parking lot of the University.  *sigh* I wasn’t in the mood this whole day after what happened this morning. Jiyong hasn’t called me. He should be calling me now since it’s my turn to work for him.

                     *sigh*

                  Why am I even bothered? It’s actually in favor of me since I wouldn’t be seeing him today. Right. I shall take this chance to do something better that could actually benefit me.

                      “Dara-yah, are you sure you’re alright?” Bom asked worried. I’m being absent-minded again.

                      “Tss.. Pick yourself up, Sandara Park.”

                        I managed to fake a smile. “O-of course..”

                      “No you’re not. Something is obviously bothering you. Is it still about that Mr. P3rvy?

                      I let out an exasperated sigh. Yes. I told CL and Bom about the truth. How it started up until now. As expected, they reacted like they’re going to kill me. They even offered me to borrow their money BUUUUT I already swear that I WILL NEVER EVER borrowed any money to my friends. Like NEVER! I just don’t feel that it’s right... it feels like I’m using them. Yeah. You can call me weird but that’s just how things are going for me. There’s just one thing that I didn’t share to them. The truth that the cylinder doesn’t really belong to me. If they knew, they might actually kill me. Maybe I should start finding that weird girl.

                     “Speaking about that guy, I’m actually baffled about him. I just can’t believe that he managed to pull out such event just to piss you off or just to have fun. Come on... he even managed to creep out to the university’s student council system. What if he really did it just to help you, Dara?” The ever-curious Bom asked.

                    “Tss... Impossible. You don’t know that jerk.” I said sounding a bit bitter.

                    “Haven’t he helped you before?” CL asked out of nowhere.

                    I fell silent. Of course he did. In small ways, he have helped me especially when I’m in an uncompromising situation. But this thing is different...

                    “Alright. I think we should go... you should think this through Dara-yah... And also, ask him if he already found that cylinder you’re talking about. Because on what I have observed just now, this is not just about that bullsh*t cylinder anymore... “ CL told me.

                    “Eh? What are you talking about?”

                     “I don’t know... Maybe you should find it out, right Bom?” CL nudged Bom with a knowing smile on her face.

                      “Yeah... she’s so naïve.”

                      “W-what? Yahhh! I thought you’re my best friends, why aren’t you telling me what’s on your mind?”

                       “We’ll see you tomorrow, ok?”

                   “We’ll go shopping for our clothes for the party tomorrow night. We’ll call you.. Sure you don’t want a ride home?” Bom asked dismissing my question.

                    “No thanks. I can managed—but wait... what are you two talking about---YAH!” They ignored me. They started mounting on their respective cars and started the ignition.

                     “Bye, Dara-yah!” Both of them peeked through their car windows and waved at me. Then they just sped off leaving me dumbfounded.

                       I scratched my head. I can’t believe I am friends with them. *sigh*

                       “Going home?”

                       I jumped on my spot after someone suddenly speak behind my back. What the hell is wrong with him--- O.M.G. My eyes widen after facing the person who just startled me. Donghae-shii.

                     “H-hi...” GAAAHHH! I managed to say ‘Hi’. I discreetly fixed myself to at least make myself a bit presentable in front of him. What is he doing here anyways?

                      “Hello. I’m sorry I startled you.” he said giving me his boyish smile.

                       “Ha-ha-ha..” OK. That laugh is so awkward. Pull yourself up Sandara Park. “I-it’s fine.”

                       “OK.” His smile doesn’t leave his face and I can’t help but smile at him,too.

                        And we just stayed like that. Damn. Say something, Dara! Say something!!! This precious conversation will end if you don’t say something!!! Come on... Say---

                       “Would you like to go home together?”

                       “Huh?”

                      Did he just ask me to go home together with him??? Am I just imagining things? Am I hallucinating? Somebody pinched me! I think I’m dreaming...

                      “ ....so I was just thinking...hey, are you listening?

                     “Sh*t! Don’t daydream in front of him, Sandara Park.”  My inner self wake me.

                      “I-I’m sorry... I was j-just... I-I’m... “

                       “Don’t stutter.. don’t stutter.. don’t stutter...”  

                      “Did I kind of... umm... caught you off guard? I mean... it’s fine if you don’t like to go home together with me... I can go biking with myself...”

                      “B-biking?” I asked with a hint of realization.

                       “Yeah. My car is in the repair shop so I decided to go to school with my bike for now... I just remembered you since you also go to school with your bike, right? I thought I could get some company since we have the same ride...something like that... but it looks like---“

                      “Yes. It’s fine. Let’s go home together.” I finally had the courage to say that. *squeellllll* This is my chance.

                      “Really?” He asked with gladness evident in his beautiful eyes.

                     “Yeah. Really.” I nodded. GAAHHHH! Why does it feel like he is asking me to marry him?

                      Call me ‘delusional’... but it’s not wrong to be delusional sometimes.  

                       Is this the start of my own fairy tale?                     

                     

#    #    #

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

Dodoooong! Finally!

I’m kind of busy these past few days so I have just updated now.

Is anybody here patiently waiting for an update? Kkkk~

Here yah go! ^___^

 

Well, that’s all for now!

Hope you like it!

And let’s continue spazzing in the comment box!

Please do UPVOTE too! ^___^

THANK YOU SO MUCH MY LOVELY READERS!

*bows*

                  

P.S:

I can't actually think of a good title for this chapter... kkk~